Laid Bare!

The Problem With This Forum

Psioncy

Re: The Problem With This Forum

Post  Psioncy on Tue May 21, 2013 11:38 pm

By the way Poo, this is how MEN talk. If you can't talk with men on a man's level, then maybe u should go share ur feel-goody hate-is-bad talk with ur fellow females.

Who knows, u might even get a free tampon out of it.

And of course we all already know where that's going queen

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Wed May 22, 2013 2:39 pm

Psioncy wrote:

No, stereotypes are things that are GENERALLY TRUE, but nitpicky little snots love to go around finding the exceptions.

Ok, so then I can ask the Australians living in China to give me a list of sterotypes about Americans. And believe me, they have a long list.

Then I shall proceed to start a thread about Americans on your shitty little forum.

And, by your own logic, YOU will personally fit the mold of every single stereotype because they're 'generally true'.

And then I'll give you some rope so you can hang yourself.

And then you'll insert your foot in your mouth and shut the fuck up for once and for all eternity.

R-B

Post  R-B on Wed May 22, 2013 5:48 pm

I am always guilty of stereotyping. Just read some of my book reviews.

I don't do it after meeting one or two people and there is a great deal of sensing involved.

In my opinion Americans are pretty cool.

The only criticism is they can be a bit superior in their attitudes. It is deep set, and probably goes back to their early childhoods and continues until adulthood. But let's face it, they are the world dominators.

Brits also have that superior attitude.

But I prefer Americans.

Australians also have it, my preferred option of the three.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Wed May 22, 2013 6:00 pm

R-B wrote:

In my opinion Americans are pretty cool.

no, see. that's the thing.

some americans are cool. some are douchebags. some are bible-thumping redneck morons.

statements like that just don't work.

R-B

Post  R-B on Wed May 22, 2013 6:23 pm

That is one approach Pi.

But not everyone is as leftist in their approach.

That does not mean I am any more right than you, it is all subjective.

But in my opinion stereotypes are human instincts which can help us survive.

For example, if I walked in to a bar, knowing nothing about it, but discover that all the patrons are Maori, Somalians or Russians, then I will be able to make some sensible choices based upon my experiences, wisdom, or stereotypes, which will effect my actions or behaviour.

And can I ask you this, if Russia won a war with America, and Putin became the new Obama and basically ruled the world, do you think the world and your life would be better or worse?

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Wed May 22, 2013 7:51 pm

R-B wrote:That is one approach Pi.

But not everyone is as leftist in their approach.

That does not mean I am any more right than you, it is all subjective.

But in my opinion stereotypes are human instincts which can help us survive.

For example, if I walked in to a bar, knowing nothing about it, but discover that all the patrons are Maori, Somalians or Russians, then I will be able to make some sensible choices based upon my experiences, wisdom, or stereotypes, which will effect my actions or behaviour.

And can I ask you this, if Russia won a war with America, and Putin became the new Obama and basically ruled the world, do you think the world and your life would be better or worse?

ok, i see your point.

but i use my intuition when i meet people, not stereotypes. i don't care too much where people are from. either i feel i can trust them or i don't.

so from a survival point of view, that's how i operate. if you think stereotyping is more helpful, then go for it.
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu May 23, 2013 2:33 am

Stereotypes make a LOT of sense.

For instance, if I know that a certain demographic, let's say blacks, are committing violent crimes at a rate many orders of magnitude higher than the average white, I avoid them as a group rather than looking for the exception and giving the entire demographic the benefit of the doubt.

If you feel differently, I suggest you go live in Atlanta, East St. Louis, or Detroit, or AFRICA and be sure to put a nice PC tint on all the fun as u blog it to us.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Thu May 23, 2013 5:55 pm

The line between stereotyping and hating an entire group of people is a very thin one.

If I'm in the slums of St. Louis, I won't need a fucking pie chart of statistical crime data. Common sense fucking survival instincts will do.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu May 23, 2013 6:09 pm

Yeah but stereotyping based on those statistics will aid you even more, by telling u to avoid going there in the first place.

Which you r already well aware of and follow, even while talking out the other side of ur ass, like any other hypocritical PC whitey Rolling Eyes

R-B

Post  R-B on Thu May 23, 2013 8:40 pm

The Great Splendini wrote:The line between stereotyping and hating an entire group of people is a very thin one.

If I'm in the slums of St. Louis, I won't need a fucking pie chart of statistical crime data. Common sense fucking survival instincts will do.

That's my point, your instincts are your stereotyping and your stereotyping is a big part of your instincts, in such a case.

Rape Police

Post  Rape Police on Fri May 24, 2013 12:17 pm

I want this forum closed.

R-B

Post  R-B on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:08 pm

Rape Police wrote:I want this forum closed.

Did you try stamping on the ground with your little fat rent-boy feet?

lol!

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:09 pm