Laid Bare!

The Hangover Part III = Lame Fucking Dissapointment

Psioncy

The Hangover Part III = Lame Fucking Dissapointment

Post  Psioncy on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:24 am

I was really looking forward to this movie. I don't ask for much, just watch a comedy about some guys getting wasted, blacking out, and puzzling back the pieces the next day. I can relate to that because it very much mirrors my life.

It's a simple no-lose formula for a comedy. They struck gold on that one, and could have milked it forever...IF

The writers had just not headed straight up their own asses.

Now Hangover Part II was also pretty good, but it was criticized for following the formula of the first one too closely. And it did, it was almost an exact rehash of the same plot, but set in Thailand. (Still did the job though) So the writers figured they needed to change things up a bit, and they did.... but unthinkably they nixed the one single plot device they absolutely should have reused.

SPOILER ALERT: There's no hangover in this movie. No drinking, no drunken hijinx. I was waiting and waiting for it but it never came. All we got was some gangster adventure/comedy and bunch of up-the-ass character acting centered around Zack Galickfuckwhatever's character. Yeah, that guy is funny and central to the story, but taking away the drunken escapades and centering the movie around his weirdness is a recipe for lameness. Soooo dissappointed. I can't believe no-one, from the producers to the actors, nobody spoke up about what a dingleberry of a script this was before they started production.

Last edited by Psioncy on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."

R-B

Re: The Hangover Part III = Lame Fucking Dissapointment

Post  R-B on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:26 am

Two was a bit sucky motie too.
    Psioncy

Re: The Hangover Part III = Lame Fucking Dissapointment

Post  Psioncy on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:29 am

I got a kick of the second one for some reason. I did groan a bit at how much it mirrored the first one, but it still did the trick for me.

Three just out and out blows.

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:57 pm