Laid Bare!

The Honey Scam

The Great Splendini

The Honey Scam

Post  The Great Splendini on Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:16 pm

Honey is a bunch of bullshit.

Pure honey is good, but the honey they're selling in the supermarkets is the most adulterated crap out there.

And to make matters worse, they have all these "health booths" selling nothing but 5000 different kinds of honey touting it as a health miracle.

And selling it for insane prices.

What a fucking scam.

And tens of thousands of soulless Matrix drones are more than willing to sell you shit.

Psioncy

Re: The Honey Scam

Post  Psioncy on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:12 am

I always got the stuff straight from my neighbors, that's good stuff.  Those bees live in nature and feed off the nectar of a variety of indigneous wildflowers.

Or if you've ever had fresh wild honeycomb from the forest.  sunny 

Here I buy organic honey for 50-100 kuai.  I stay away from the 'manuka' honey that costs 300 RMB for a tiny jar cuz that really does seem way fkn overpriced.

I'd reckon honey *is* incredibly healthy. Herbal and folk remedies call for it all the time.

Probably not so much nutrition on that sugar-fed mass produced stuff you see at the supermarket though.

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:14 pm

My ex's brother is a honey salesman in China. He makes a decent living at it.

It's not just the honey either, other bee products are popular like royal jelly and that thick white milky stuff, whatever it's called. Miracle food or not, chinese consumers are definitely convinced enough to shell out a pretty-penny for these products.

Of course they also believe that roasted sesame seeds darken ur hair and drinking milk makes your skin white... so you know, I tend to take their hivemind-views on nutrition with a grain of salt.

I mostly only use honey for cooking dishes that call for sugar.  Eating it straight up with fruit, nuts, or yogurt is good too on occassion, but only in small doses.  Honey is just too fkn sweet for my tastes.

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:59 pm

My ex's brother is a honey salesman in China. He makes a decent living at it.

yeah, and he probably doesn't lose too much sleep knowing that it's probably 42% high fructose corn syrup.

that shit is even worse than sugar.

if there's a honey scandal in the west, you can bet it's in china too.

i was using a tablespoon in my salad dressing, but i stopped.

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:19 am