Laid Bare!

Incompetence

The Great Splendini

Incompetence

Post  The Great Splendini on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:03 pm

The Bible has 600 pages about how Abraham fucked his 12 teenage daughters, but says absolutely nothing about incompetence.

Incompetence is a big problem because the work you do affects other people's lives, for good or for bad.

In Thailand, an English teacher was assaulted viciously by a Thai coordinator. The western guy accused the Thai guy of being incompetent. He probably was. Maybe the western guy was an asshole too.

But basically, this is an extreme incident that shows incompetence incurs bad karma.

Millions of people out there more interested in prestige and money and holding on to powerful positions, but not in the least bit conerned about how they're doing their job or how it affects others.

Don't fall into that trap.

1 - Care about the work you're doing
    2 - Make conscientious efforts to do it to the best of your ability
    3 - Constantly try to improve yourself
    4 - Take responsibility for mistakes - don't blame others

I nearly also just had a fight with my boss. She's always always telling me stuff at the last minute. And then blames me if I can't do it. She got really upset about something, even though it was MOSTLY her fault. And of course, not taking responsibility for your mistakes goes hand in hand with incompetence. People usually exhibit both traits. And if I speak out, I'm fucked.

Anyway, keep deluding yourselves that it's ok being incompetent and then, to add insult to injury, blame others when there's a problem rather than taking any kind of responsibility.

It's not ok. It's not.

And in the above incident, it looks like the Thai guy is going to be doing jail time for assault. All of which could have been avoided if he followed the steps I outlined above.

The Great Splendini

Re: Incompetence

Post  The Great Splendini on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:09 pm

A very early morning class gets cancelled.

No one informs me.

No one stops to think that there's a human being at the other end who has to wake up early and drag his ass to the place only to find the door locked.

Again, if you think it's ok to be this incompetent / inconsiderate, you're delusional and crazy.

It's not ok.

It's kind of "the culture" in many work environments to not give a rat's ass.

But don't fall into the trap. Don't BE LIKE THEM.

Coz it's a one-way ticket to HELL.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:11 pm

Nearly exploded at my boss.

She's incompetent, stupid, and arrogant.

And will never ever take responsibility for any wrongdoing.

Fine. Let her have her way.

But it's gonna bite her in the ass eventually.

Ok, today's sermon has been about INCOMPETENCE, kids.

I-N-C-O-M-P-E-T-E-N-C-E

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:10 am

Do you admit to your own mistakes, Sciency?

Or do you cover it up?

Or even worse, blame others?

Fucking egomaniac you.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:33 pm

So what's the negative karma incurred from being an incompetent bumbling idiot in your job your whole life?

Only God knows.

But I'll pull a possibility out of my ass.

You're pregnant. You go to a doctor. Your doctor is a bumbling idiot. Baby dies. Fuck you.
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:30 am

Yeah, it's a non-stop moronathon where I work.  Ming-boggling incompetence, and just sheer blatant shameless lying to cover for it.

Forget about any semblence of "support", the asshole chinese management is the single biggest obstacle I have to overcome in doing my job.  Everyone above me is scared poopless to engage me and for good reason.  I call them out on all their bullshit while they thow it at me, it's like nothing, I can cut through their sophistry in my sleep now I've been doing this so long.  All repeating patterns.  I'd rather they feel threatened by me anyway, cuz "cooperating" would mean going along with all of it, and what little self-respect I have is still too much for that.  I see my colleagues bow down, one after the other, like little cowards.  And they KNOW better too, but they are just fucking cowards.  The funny part is that my job security is excellent, cuz my work is that good.  I'm in constant demand and they make a ton of $$$ off me, so I can enjoy the freedom to speak my mind and handle things however I see fit.  What it boils down to is a job where I really have no boss at all whatsoever, which is just the way I like it Smile

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:36 am

teaching is relatively independent work.

I feel sorry for people who work in cubicles. man the bullshit that goes on there would be overwhelming.

they're afraid because if we open our big fat traps, they can lose their jobs. and it's not easy for them to find other jobs sometimes.

but they also have the power to fire us pretty easily, which is why we just keep our mouths shut most of the time.

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:53 pm