Laid Bare!

why do we have to wak up early for work?

The Great Splendini

why do we have to wak up early for work?

Post  The Great Splendini on Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:41 pm

this is according to wired magazine:

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/magazine/17-01/st_3st?npu=1&mbid=yhp

2 // Night owls are more creative.
    Artists, writers, and coders typically fire on all cylinders by crashing near dawn and awakening at the crack of noon. In one study, "evening people" almost universally slam-dunked a standardized creativity test. Their early-bird brethren struggled for passing scores.

3 // Rising early is stressful.
    The stress hormone cortisol peaks in your blood around 7 am. So if you get up then, you may experience tension. Grab some extra Zs! You'll wake up feeling less like Bert, more like Ernie.

The Great Splendini

Re: why do we have to wak up early for work?

Post  The Great Splendini on Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:44 pm

so basically, scientists have done studies that show that people are more creative when they stay up late and wake up late and that a specific chemical in the fucking brain leads to more stress when waking up early.

and therefore one can only conclude that we're forced to wake up early for work because there's a vast conspiracy to:
    1 - prevent people from being creative
    2 - keep people stressed

that's how i interpret it.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:25 am

Yeah, no fkn duhr.  That's why I'm so much more creativer than you.

Waking up in the morning is for the fkn birds. I eat egg mcmuffins for dinner... bitches!

It's like the opposite of what Ben Franklin said:

Early to bed, early to rise
    Makes a man stressy and messy til he dies.

Cuz at night most everyone's asleep, so the mindscape is quieter.  During the day it's hectic, but I'm dreaming then, so I've got that place mostly to myself too.

And bear in mind, I consider anything before 4 PM "early rising". I've done day jobs, but I hate them.  I feel like shit all the time, so I specifically seek out evening jobs.

You gotta find a dark quiet place to sleep though, that's essential. Sunlight will burn the shit out of you even more in your sleep.

People who sleep in the sun, you know, like who lay on the beach and stuff, they remind of lizards. That's all I see are a bunch of disgusting reptiles basking in the poison supercharged ionic radiation.  Rolling Eyes 

Give me a nighttime beach with warm fire anytime though. Get me in some starshine and a nice moontan.

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:01 am

yeah.

idiot that i am, i get trapped in jobs where i need to wake up early.

but the creative thoughts only start happening after fucking 11 pm.

daytime is like taking a shit. it's for all the mundane stuff.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:10 am