Laid Bare!

Frightened mouse & frightened girl

The Great Splendini

Frightened mouse & frightened girl

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:04 pm

went out for a walk. saw a mouse. it saw me, got scared, scurried around in a building entrance. finally hid in the corner that was least visible to me. very smart mouse. that thing has better survival instincts than i do. i wouldn't have a goddamn clue where to fucking hide.

then i saw a girl. i was gawking at her coz she was hot. but then she starts gawking at me. so i thought maybe it was someone i knew. so i stopped walking and started gawking some more. she got scared. what an idiot. why did she stop walking and stare at me? i wasn't walking towards her. and i do not look like a deranged maniac.

or maybe i do.

Psioncy

Re: Frightened mouse & frightened girl

Post  Psioncy on Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Yeah I've seen a few mice here and there.  At least there're no rats in Beijing.  There's nothing worse than rats.

In the hutongs we've got these weasels, some of them are really huge and fat too.  They're pretty clever about darting through storm drains and into hiding spots.  Sometimes I'll cross paths with one at night, but it pops off pretty quickly.  If it's one of the gigantic ones, they do give me a start.  We're talking weasels the size of cats, and fat to boot.  Apparently they're good though, cuz they munch on all the centipedes, scorpions and other pests.  I've never heard of one attacking anyone.

Some of these hutongs have bugs, like landbeatles.  And the tradition is that people allow them into the house to winter.  Having a weasel in your pingfang is considered "lucky".  

No thanks.  That whole wacky hutong ecosystem needs to stay outside AFAIC.  I drive out or murder anything that gets in.  Which is extremely rare cuz this place is sealed up pretty well.

The really nice thing is that there are no cockroaches or mosquitoes in these places.

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."

The Great Splendini

Re: Frightened mouse & frightened girl

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:36 pm

a guy had a rat in his apartment. it came up through the drain, i think. he was on the 2nd floor.

scared the shit out of him.

but they move around fairly strategically. it walked along the edge of the wall to avoid him. and then it walked back the same exact path to get out. path of least resistance.

they're not stupid. in fact, aren't rats and cockroaches able to survive nuclear holocaust?

cockroaches -- maybe in guangzhou you might have a lot.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:56 am