Laid Bare!

I'm gonna get fired soon (again)

The Great Splendini

I'm gonna get fired soon (again)

Post  The Great Splendini on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:08 pm

But getting fired isn't necessarily a bad thing.

When you stay a long time in the same company, you develop bad blood with some people.

Going to a new place wipes the slate clean.

silkywave3

Poor pi

Post  silkywave3 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:17 am

Somtimes you need to learn some popular philosophy of life to be accepted by the people rather than insist on your own philosophy.
    It does good for you.

Even as simple as me, I know this.

The Great Splendini

Re: I'm gonna get fired soon (again)

Post  The Great Splendini on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:38 pm

there's a lot of problems:

I'm hot-blooded. If there's a problem, I sometimes blow a fuse. You're supposed to keep your cool at all times, but I cannot.

I'm weird and strange and don't fit in easily.

I want to improve things, but the powers that be don't want to change anything so this sometimes creates friction.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:21 am

I'm thinking about quitting myself.  I just can't stand the lying cunts.

They go so far as to embrace their sophistry.  Following the one rule:  never drop your mask.

Cux it's ALL SHAME under there and they KNOW it.

Yes it starts with people lying and betraying them, and they think they must do the same to compete.  But pretty soon it becomes a means to its own end.  And they're doing it just as a passive aggressive outlet.  And turning society into shit.

It's a form of weakness is what it is.  And it's endemic to chinese culture.

Even when it's right in front of their nose, they puff up and get haughty.  Throw out irrational debate, play dumb, becloud, and generally behave like children.  Anything to avoid the truth.

I've fucking had it with these people.  Any leeway, any forgiveness, any benefit of the doubt you grant them, is just more  margin for them to practice their petty deceit in.  Despicable, underhanded fucking cockroaches.  I can't work for them anymore.  I'll go freelance again or whatever.  I don't even care at this point.  

I mean, I'm a low-down degenerate by MANY standards myself, but *that* kind of weakness?  I can't stomach it.

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:41 pm

wow, i didn't know you had such strong opinions.

yeah, fortunately in my job now i have very little to no contact with management.

but there's other problems.

just a few months ago, i had some contact with my boss.

she clearly was responsible for a fuck-up because she didn't tell me about something in advance. then i was late with something, but i PHYSICALLY could not give her what she wanted on time. the delay was caused by HER. and yet she still practically THREATENED me to submit XYZ .... OR ELSE. I kept trying to explain it was physically impossible.

she would have none of it. 1) NEVER EVER EVER TAKE BLAME FOR ANYTHING and 2) Just demand something without even fucking listening to the reasons the other person gives.

It's beyond stupid.

but there's one girl in the office who's youngish and a little more wordly in her thinking. some of them are changing their mindset with more exposure to the western media.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:43 pm

Psioncy wrote:

Yes it starts with people lying and betraying them, and they think they must do the same to compete.  But pretty soon it becomes a means to its own end.  And they're doing it just as a passive aggressive outlet.  And turning society into shit.

.... and harming themselves in the process.

people don't have an ounce of spiritual wisdom.

i mentioned in a thread a while back that betrayal is a really big no-no in the eyes of God.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:48 pm

yeah, i'm going to kill myself if i have to work for the chinese for the rest of my life.

fortunately now i have a girl in the office i'm friends with, so the bullshit is at a minimum.

but my salary and other things suck.

there's always at least 2 or 3 things that totally suck and are unbearable in working for the chinese.

either you're underpaid, they ask you to do a bunch of extra shit without pay, corrupt politics, a shitload of bad managerial decisions that make it almost unbearable to work there, or whatever. there's no place that has everything going well.

so i need an escape plan.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:59 pm

Sciency, do I gotta teach you everything?

What was Superman's achilles heel? And what did Lex Luthor use against him?

Kryptonite, motherfucker.

These cocksuckers go into all kinds of contortions to save face. Often, it means making YOUR life miserable or even firing you.

So losing face is their achilles heel.

So..... after you get fired or quit because you can't handle the bullshit anymore, what you can do is.... (drum roll) make them lose face.

I got the gift of the gab and I can rip people apart with my tongue. And I've sent some really nasty emails to some former employers (and CC a shitload of people in the emails) to make them look bad in front of their peers/colleagues/bosses.

And they end up losing face. And they fight amongst each other because then they start pointing fingers and putting the blame on each other.

And a few times I'm proud to say their jobs too.

But not often enough. There's a few past employers I still have on my radar and I'm thinking of ways of getting back at them.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:05 pm

I got fired once.

And the guy knew he was half a crook and half a fiend for firing me because when I walked out of the office he was looking at me almost surprised that I just walked away quietly.

I'm not going to beat a civil servant up and get myself kicked out of the country.

I'm going to send a calculated, well thought out email or letter to his boss to make the place and the guy lose face.

Even if he doesn't lose his job, I'll be at least happy that they turn blue in the face after being humiliated after reading my email/letter.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:51 am

Yeah, that's how the face thing works.

They lie and lie, but then the presupposition is that you can't call them on their original lie of "being honorable" to make them lose face.

As soon as you agree to that lie, you're fucked. Cuz all their other lies that fuck resort back to that, and you arleady agreed to it, like a jackass.

Yeah, rip their stupid face off. Call things what they are.

You're doing chinese society a big favor. Not to mention your own self-respect.

Foriegners who succumb to and embrace this shit... oh there's nothing more pathetic. I mean chinese ok, it's in their DNA. But western white people selling out over this kind of pettiness?

*fucking puke*

My sell-out price is WAY higher than that. TYVM.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:30 am

yeah, i know.

some stupid white men "adapt to the local culture" here a little too much.

i make a sport of calling out their bullshit, when i can and when it won't get me in too much trouble.

i think i'm smart enough to have a decent life without going into all kinds of contortions to sacrifice my integrity in the process.

so that's how i roll, motherfuckers.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:28 am

I did it, I put in notice at my job that I'm quitting.  I've just fucking had with their non-stop lying and attempts to manipulate me.  The only thing I liked about that job was it's proximity to my home.

I mean I was gonna stay on for another contract just for convenience, but they couldn't even pause their lying bullshit long enough to woo me on for another year.  

The pay was shitty, there was no material support, and I couldn't get time off, so fuck them.  There's like over 2.5k adverts for english teachers on TBJ, so I'm pretty sure I can manage to find something.

I better start looking actually, cuz there's a lot of bullshit to wade through out there.  Demand is really high, but I need to find something near my home cuz I absolutely hate using the subway system.  Or find a job with housing and move.  Whatever, I might take a month off between contracts anyway, I frkn need it.  This was the main issue was these fuckers wouldn't give me any time off.  People need vacations.  I'm gonna spend mine right at home.  Shop, sleep, internet, walk.  And no hours upon hours of deciphering mind-numbing chinglish day after day without a break.  The problem is actually that I'm a really good teacher and my methods really get the students writing and talking.  But it's hellish, cuz i have to write all original material and then I have to listen to them, ugh.  I envy those teachers that just lecture at their students, soooo much easier.  The difference is though that what I do actually works, not just filling class time with bullshit.  My reward for being so good at my job however was to get no time off, cuz all they ever saw was the money they'd lose by having to cancel my classes for that period.  Now they've lost me instead, so whatever.  That place is sinking ship anyway, cuz it's not just the teachers they mistreat and lie, they lie like crazy to the students and their parents too.  They'd gotten away with for many years, but now it's catching up with them and they are losing students in droves.  I won't say I don't take some pleasure in seeing that happen either.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:30 am

i used to always quit jobs before finding a new one.

i was totally fearless.

now i'm getting more chicken-shit. i need to have something lined up before leaving.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:51 am

Well, my contract came up.  I was gonna renew, but once they started in with their same old bullshit things went south.

Here's the thing, they lie and the cheat and they always break their word.  Heck, I'm USED to all that.  What I can't stomach is when they need my cooperation to help them justify it.  It's too much, I can't even do it.  I can do my job and leave things be, but these fuckers just INSIST on making me go along with their filthy lies.  I just don't.  I don't kiss ass with the bosses, I don't respond to manipulative compliments, or them getting angry at me, or go along with bullshit, or lie.  These managers just make job more difficult trying to assert their incompetent buffoonery on me.  So I get into this kind of situation, where I'm very in demand with students, but the leaders are obsessed with bringing me into some kind of submission to them.  In fact i respect people who are honest and do things right, but these people are fucking idiots and liars.  I can give them basic respect and leave them be, but I can't start in with all the bowing and scraping.  I just do my job and do it well and ignore their whole world of S&M bullshit.  It's fkn revolting.

It's like a disease of the mind.  I was planning to renew but they fkn had to cross the line.  Whatever.  I wash my hands of those people, they're hopeless.

So  yeah, it's not smart to quit a job without another one lined up, but this was a reaction I had no control over, like a gag reflex.  I've come this far with in life without resorting to asskissing and sophistry, so why start now?  And seeing how many jobs are available out there, I'm really not too worried.  

Sides I'm really looking forward getting a vacation between the contracts, cuz working for them I never got any leave.  I even had to fight with them cuz they'd try to fuck me out of the national holidays, in blatant violation of labor laws.   Fuck, whatever.  Long vacation coming.  Gonna try to kickstart my writing back up again.  Maybe find a GF finally, who knows.  All I know is I won't be working.  That's all I can think about.  I'm fkn burnt out from going years without a vacation.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:17 am

years without a vacation?

wow, i would have dropped dead.

a lot of places hire at the last minute, so it's not that bad.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:21 am

you can't keep working for these schools the rest of your life because they're all the same.

you're going to keep having the same problems everywhere you go.

unless you find one that's owned by a westerner.

but private schools all have shitty holidays. teaching is not like an office job. you can't teach 50 weeks a year.

otherwise, go home and teach in the public school system.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:39 am

and if someone disrupts your life, try to take some time to cause problems for them.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:56 am

if you quit your job, have some fun with it at least.

ask them if their mothers are prostitutes.

they like being asked that.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:22 am

go to the middle east for a year or two.

if you can tolerate the hot weather.

and no drinking except dubai.

might actually be good for you. might force you to sober up.

and the food is good.

and you can make 40K US with like real holidays. and some places have 2 flights a year.

you can buy a house after working a couple of years.

if the weather wasn't an issue, i'd be there.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:11 pm

I did a  year in Egypt when I was younger.  Yeah, it was pretty fkn hot.

The TV weather forecast was really funny, almost the same everyday.  There were three levels: Hot, Very Hot, Extremely Hot.

Clothes were dry and ready to don, an hour or so out of the washing machine.

Like fresh raisins?  Just hang up a bunch of grapes and wait a while.

You get used to it actually.

For me, I can't even think about such a move.  It's hard to get the jobs online and I'm in no positions to travel there and take interviews.  

I just need some time off to get my shit together.  This fkn company wouldn't give me any time off.  They kept promising they would but kept balking.

Spring Festival is the only time off I have every year, and this year I actually managed to get through the entire thing without drinking.  

I just need time off to reset and get my shit together, but my work has been relentless.  Plus you know they totally suck, I end up buying my own supplies and writing my own materials, which really adds a lot to the workload.

It's gotten to the point now where I can't even write materials, cuz I'm so burnt out on the fkn job.

So whatever, I'm just gonna find something else and take a nice long stay home vacation between contracts.  Anything grander or more long-term I can't even afford to think about.  

Besides my salary was stagnating there as the cost of living rose.  I see a lot of ads for higher salaries on TBJ now, so I'm probably gonna come out of this considerably better off.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:12 pm

some places are advertising for august. if you secure a job now for august, then you can take time off with peace of mind having something lined up.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:08 pm

fuck, some people are blessed with incredible talent.

the rest of us have to suck dirt for a living.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Tue May 06, 2014 1:26 am

Hey m'fkr.

I quit my job without a job.

Do I sound *scared*>?

Actually I am a little bit.  With no income, I gotz to waste myself.

BUT....

I have value.

It's not like I'm some kind of nigger chink or something, right?

Oh God, if it is... kill me quick!

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Tue May 06, 2014 1:28 am

LAWD M"FKR!

You can't waste me this way,  biotch!!!!!!

I already KNOWZ the value of the white man.

And the false value of ur joooooooz.

Do I look scared, biotch?

Or do *you*?

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Tue May 06, 2014 1:29 am

I wonder if He is scared yet... (  Question  )

One thing I know is that He wants to be...

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:38 pm