Laid Bare!

Productive day

Psioncy

Productive day

Post  Psioncy on Wed May 21, 2014 1:08 pm

I woke up bright and early.

At 10 something PM, yesterday.

Desperado, why don't you come to your senses.... blah blah blah.... barely know the nighttime from the day...

Not "barely".  I COMPLETELY don't know night from day.  I even light candles in the day for light, even when there are sunbeams coming through my window.

Anyway, my bike was in rough shape.  I needed new tires direly, neitai and waitai!

Also I could barely make it from city center to er huan and back without the battery dying.

Last night I didn't sleep and was still awake this morning.  So I took it into the shop today and got all the work done.

New battery, new neitai/waitai (inner tube/tires).  This bitch will get me to liangmaqiao and back now!

If I even *want* to go to IKEA.  I don't.  Rolling Eyes 

I bought one of their tables, it's a piece of shit.  I would have been better off buying a Chinese piece of shit.

Scandinavians are chinks!  Plain and simple.

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."
    Psioncy

Re: Productive day

Post  Psioncy on Wed May 21, 2014 1:20 pm

Yeah, don't threaten me now.

My new battery is fully charged.  I can literally be anywhere within Beijing city limits within 20-25 minutes.

That's the margin of a violence appointment in Beijing.

20 minutes to 25 minutes.... to you being in a FUCKING HOSPITAL@!

Please, try my service.  It's GUARENTEED!!!

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Wed May 21, 2014 1:47 pm

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Wed May 21, 2014 7:22 pm

haha, boston.
    gay over-rated 70s band.

woke up / got outta bed / dragged a comb across my head
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu May 22, 2014 12:44 am

I wasn't that productive actually. All I did was ride to a shop nearby my house and pay them to do a bunch of work for me.

And while I waiting there I bought liquor from a nearby shop and started getting wasted. Then I rode home drunk, and kept drinking til I passed out.

I just woke up.

It's nice to have my bike back up to working order though. That battery was so fried, my radius was limited to within a few miles of my home. Now I can go freaking anywhere.

They tried to sell me a li-ion battery, but it was 1400, whereas the lead-acid was only 450. And I'm unemployed so I went with the cheaper one. They are same voltage and amperage anyway. But man, I picked up the box for the li-ion battery, it was lighter than shit. What a difference.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu May 22, 2014 12:48 am

Also last  year that shop modded my bike. I don't know what they did exactly, but it was something with the wiring.

And my bike is fast as fuck now.

I whiz by other e-bikes like they're standing still.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu May 22, 2014 12:54 am

The Great Splendini wrote:haha, boston.
    gay over-rated 70s band.

woke up / got outta bed / dragged a comb across my head

My only question is how I managed to post a youku video during a blackout.  I can barely figure out how to do that shit sober.

I really am very productive today.

I paid other people to do work for me, got drunk, AND posted a youku video to a forum.  

And to top all that off, I just took a massive dump!   monkey  monkey  monkey  monkey  monkey  monkey 

I deserve some kind of reward.  Maybe I'll cruise on down to SLT, since my bike can get there now, get good and drunk and see if I make it home in one piece.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu May 22, 2014 1:18 am

On second thought, I should probably keep to my policy of staying far the fuck away from SLT.

Apparently I'm well-known there. Just that I wouldn't know cuz it's all been blackouts.

I've been kicked out of every bar of note.

Yeah, it's nothing but trouble. I'll just wake up god-knows-where. Injured and my bike will be gone.

A short radius is good. Well, I live near gulou and I've worn out my welcome at all these bars too.

I think. Again, I don't quite remember.

One night a few weeks ago I was drinking at outside a convenience store on gulou. And this white guy came by and started talking to me. I think he got me to go to Dada bar under Temple. But I couldn't remember, until I saw a pic of Dada bar on TBJ, which triggered a flash.

I'm not sure how bad I was that night, but I was blacked-out so probably I shouldn't go back there.

There're just not enough bars in this city for me.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Thu May 22, 2014 9:38 am

stop drinking, you fucking idiot.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Tue May 27, 2014 6:40 am

Yeah "Don't Drink".  Sounds so simple, don't it?

It's not.  It just lays in wait, knowing my moment of weakness will come.

That bottle is never more than few minutes away, 24/7.

Years and years this war rages on, and I lose every single battle without fail.

I've decided I'm at least gonna make myself do SOMETHING before I drink.

Maybe I'll hit a temple today, buy some wacky Buddhist stuff.

That's like the only shopping I ever do.  And my entire form of practice.

Consumer-Buddhism?

I don't think I could fit any more incense holders or candle trays in my apartment.  Maybe I'll go for a lamp or lantern or something...

Are there any temples inside second ring besides Yonghegong?  I'm totally bored with that place.

I like the giant incense burner.  It's more like an incense bonfire. That's all I do if I go in there, I just stand next to that thing and help people light their huge stacks of incense.  I like putting my fire-handling skills to use.

I don't bow or pray for money like most of the temple-goers.  I also don't put money in the offering boxes cuz I figure that temple already got fucking 40 kuai off me with the admission ticket, so fuck them.  Plus those monks make a shitload of money from fortune-telling.  So why should I give them squat?  They're fucking rolling in it.

I'm not Tibetan Buddhist anyway.  As I've mentioned before I practice Psionic Buddhism.  Sole-member and Cult Leader:  ME!  And I get 0 in the way of donations.  So keep your grubby hands far away from my wallet you lazy filthy shyster monks!

Last edited by Psioncy on Tue May 27, 2014 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Tue May 27, 2014 6:56 am

I really just am not that into Tibetan Buddhism.

The Chinese propaganda against Tibetans has some truth to it.

I'm not saying that Chinese aren't marginalizing Tibetans and exploiting their land, they are.

But I've also got a serious problem with a religion that forces men into the priesthood.

That's some truly feudalistic bullshit right there. Nobody should be *required* to be celibate.

As a personal choice, I have no problem with it. But forcing it on someone is flat out wrong.

As is religious governance. Religion should only ever be a matter of choice. That's a basic human right AFIAC.

It's funny, most of the Buddhist stuff I read before coming here was Chinese Buddhism. Then I come here and all I find is Tibetan Buddhism. Apparently ol' Ghengis was quite taken with Tibetan Buddhism and imposed it all over the place, especially his Capital, Beijing.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Wed May 28, 2014 3:28 pm

I went to the Temple today.  Burned some incense.  I didn't bow or pray or any of that crap though.  Besides as a white person doing that I'd probably get about 100 gawkers.

Some of those people bow to EVERYTHING.  I saw these two ladies in one the rooms, they ran around really quickly bowing to everything.  First the Buddha, ok fine.  But then they proceeded to bow to every single object in the room, lamps, sculptures, paintings, you name it.

I'll tell you what, there are a LOT of hot women there.  OMG.  I usually don't check out girls that much, but I couldn't help but notice.  I think I'm gonna hang out there more often.  I like it there and eventually I might score some temple poon.  So there's that.  And there's also that I've literally got NOTHING ELSE TO DO...  Laughing 

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Wed May 28, 2014 5:09 pm

The incense burning isn't as fun as last time I went.  It used to be you could buy whatever incense on the street outside, then go in and light it up.

But now, as I found out by having it happen to me, they confiscate your incense at the entrance, and only allow you to use in-temple incense which only comes in one variety, and is doled out one small bundle per temple-goer.

The old way was so much cooler.  Also now they have oil lamp incense lighters.  Before people would hover the burners and try to light their incense off the raging fires or with lighters.  Now there's no fire in the burner, cuz everyone's just burning 1 tiny bundle apiece.  

Really, not nearly as fun.  And there's way less smoke too.  It used to billow thickly, now it's just a consistent light haze.

I mean I realize Beijing doesn't really need more smoke, but come on, it's a temple!

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu May 29, 2014 4:35 pm

Took the pedal bike out today. I finally realized that if I started using the pedal bike instead of the e-bike, I'd get a lot more exercise. It's just really tempting to use the e-bike, cuz you don't have to pedal it...

According to TBJ there is a French grocery store by Yonghegong, but I went to their location and all the glass was covered up with newspapers. Maybe went out of business. I was bummed. I need to buy shit like cheese and coffee from time to time. And I don't feel like biking all the fucking way to SLT for that. Well there are actually a couple other small hutong shops with a dabbling of western groceries, so I'm still able to avoid it for the most part.

I want to move to that area, Yonghegong or beixingqiao. I like it better for some reason. Would be kinda dumb to move though cuz my current place is cheap and I'm unemployed. I live in Gulou which is just, I don't know, I don't like it so much. Well it's good cuz I have produce vendors very near my place, and my place is ultra-secluded, which I like. These hutongs are crazy. I just walked back into my own hutong area the other day and found that it went extensively far back, with many more dwellings than I'd realized. I'd thought there only 4-5 pingfangs here, but turns out there're like at least a dozen.

Many a time I've gotten drunk and lost in these crazy rat mazes. It's fucking insane stuff, like a dream but real.

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:30 pm