Laid Bare!

TBJ Admin unfairly criticized on Beijingcream.com

Psioncy

TBJ Admin unfairly criticized on Beijingcream.com

Post  Psioncy on Sat May 31, 2014 10:00 pm

Recently there was a new round of SLT drug busts.  I say GOOD!  And so does TBJ's admin.

http://www.thebeijinger.com/blog/2014/05/28/30-arrested-drug-bust-10-foreigners

But he's "taken to task" by Anthony Tao of Beijingcream.com

http://beijingcream.com/2014/05/why-is-the-beijinger-so-callous-toward-sanlitun-drug-dealers/

Who compares dealing drugs to other commonplace illegal activities like using a VPN and buying pirated DVDs.

Which is a pretty lame argument, being as it is an extreme case of false equivalency.  

Drug dealing have victims, the users who become addicted.  That's why they're so illegal in the first place!

Also those drug dealers are extremely numerous and aggressive, harassing people all over SLT.  There was even the case I linked to on the other thread of the Africans who targeted a young expat woman and gangraped her in South Sanlitun.

This is dangerous crime syndicate and I'm pleased that they're cleaning it up.  We'll have less drug addicts and less raped expat girls as a result.  Kudos!  I say job well done.  They're smart to clean this mess up finally, cuz it's been a cesspit for years.  I still remember witnessing the 2007(?) pure girls busts, which in fact didn't barely put a dent in it.  This time they wised up and used undercover agents, so maybe they'll get a lid on it finally.

The controversy in the article is that law in China carries the death penalty for carrying over 50 grams in methamphetamine.

I do agree that death is too severe a penalty.  However it's probably a mute point since the article doesn't go on to say if any of the dealers were carrying that amount.  I kinda doubt they'd be that dumb, but who knows.

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."

The Great Splendini

Re: TBJ Admin unfairly criticized on Beijingcream.com

Post  The Great Splendini on Sat May 31, 2014 10:06 pm

sounds like propaganda for the powers that be.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat May 31, 2014 10:11 pm

We also get this exchange in the comments section:

squid wrote: With all of the trash talk and race baiting here, this site easily does as much for making the foreign community look bad as any drug dealers do.

Admin wrote: I beg to differ. But yeah there are some assholes in the forum that could use some deporting.

I LOL'd. I wonder who he's referring to? There's only like three or four guys posting over there last I checked.

It's all really fucking boring too. I can barely get through a thread. I read maybe one or two threads a week on that snoozefest now.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat May 31, 2014 10:16 pm

The Great Splendini wrote:sounds like propaganda for the powers that be.

I don't think so.  This was a pretty sizeable operation.  I think if they keep up the pressure they can curtail the majority of the drug peddling in SLT.

Really, go to that houjie late sometime.  It's a cesspit of drugs, violence, and prostitution.

And you know that's really not good, cuz it's also the "cool" area that attracts a lot of young expats, some even below drinking age in their home country's.  And those naïve little fuckers can get in over their heads real quick.  If it were just weed I wouldn't care, but we're talking meth and other really dangerous drugs.  And gangs dealing in them.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat May 31, 2014 10:40 pm

This makes me want to stay in China.  Because drugs are so dangerous and illegal here, I can easily avoid them. Well the downside of that is the insane prevalence and affordability of liquor, but better one demon than a multitude.  The problem is younger people are dumb and are gonna dabble in them anyway.

They'd do well to bear in mind this bust however.  Those undercover agents were users who'd been caught with the drugs, participating in the bust to get out the charges.  Not a smart position to get yourself into either, cuz then you're on the target list for the drug syndicate.  All those associates of the guy you helped bust are gonna have it in for you.  Especially if he winds up executed.

Well, I guess they'd be leaving china soonthereafter anyway, but in this age of Facebook and open online information, I'd say they're still gonna be looking over their shoulder for years to come.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat May 31, 2014 11:36 pm

I just spotted another interesting detail reading the Beijingcream writeup:

.http://beijingcream.com/2014/05/how-beijing-authorities-conducted-their-sanlitun-drug-bust/

On the evening of May 22 at 10:22, drug addict N is persuaded by the police to voluntarily redeem himself by agreeing to go to a foreign drug traffickers apartment on East Second Ring Road in front of the transactions.

At night 10:48, two black-skin expatriate men appeared in front of the apartment, and defecated in the grass. N exchanged information with the drug traffickers, and the dealers said they reached the trading location. Then Liangmingshenfen investigators attempted to arrest the two. After the two men appeared to see someone, they dropped their possessions and attempted to escape. They were quickly caught

WTF?!

*Both* these guys were pooping in the grass in front of their client's apartment? The way this is written up it sounds like *all* this went down while they were pooping!  lol! 

I've never pooped outside in this city, not once! I've pissed all it twice over, but POOP? Really? Who fucking poops outside in Beijing, besides toddlers and dogs? Oh right, negros Rolling Eyes 

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:38 pm