Laid Bare!

fuck halloween

The Great Splendini

fuck halloween

Post  The Great Splendini on Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:12 pm

the last girl who turned me down is born on halloween.

die and R.I.F.P the whole fucking lot of you.

Psioncy

Re: fuck halloween

Post  Psioncy on Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:18 am

Holidays are for kids.  I've never understood grown adults who feel the need to celebrate holidays on their own.

Halloween was my favorite during my formative years.  We go to neighboring villages and do drive-by eggings on the kids there.  TP houses, smashing jack-o-lanterns in the road, stinkbombs, TPing houses, bonfires, getting high, and of course the pinnacle of Halloween awesomeness:  egging the police cruiser!

Oh man, good times.

That was the only holiday I really enjoyed.  I mean, as a kid, Christmas is fun cuz you're getting cool crap that you wanted.  But in my adult years I came to dread it.  As a minimalist the last thing I want is people picking out stuff and expecting me to put it in my home. It's a violation of my person is what it is. And all that crap does is go straight to the dumpster.  All of it.  I fucking tell them beforehand, I'll take food or money, nothing fucking else.  But they can't control themselves and still go and buy me some stupid shit that I don't want.  Then I open it and they look at me like they're expecting a thank you.  And, you know, I tell them.  Why the fuck would I thank you for bringing stress and disorder into my life?

Last edited by Psioncy on Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:41 am; edited 2 times in total

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:27 am

Who I really despise the most are people who buy me clothes cuz they want to "expand my wardrobe." Rolling Eyes

I have a very particular style of dress and I never deviate on it. You can go back 20 years and I'm fkn dressed the same as I am now. But then come the holidays there's always gotta be some family member asshole who decides I'd look "nice" in a Hawaiian shirt or loafers or some such bullshit. Fuck you.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:30 am

Go ahead, ask LeoChick.  She had the fkn *audacity* to buy me a shirt once.  Evil or Very Mad

She paid dearly for it too. pale

It was checkered. One look at me and anyone should know I only wear solid neutral tones. Neutral

I was fucking furious! Mad

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:49 am

i broke up with a girl because she didn't like the way i dress.

the way i dress is i buy whatever happens to be available when i go shopping and wear it forever.

i don't care what i'm wearing. women are supposed to look good. men's clothes are all the same, unless you're gay.

halloween is when the veil between this world and the ghost world is thinnest. so i think i'll try to talk to some ghosts.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:54 am

we had a gift exchange for xmas.

and it was stupid because it was hit or miss.

most of the time, the people didn't like what they got.

xmas is ok for children.

buying gifts for other people shouldn't be a forced thing because it doesn't work too well. a lot of wasted money at xmas. and well, that's the west. people with too much money buying useless shit they don't need.

i've been so broke for so long, when i buy something, it's something i really need and when i get it, i really appreciate it. no frivolous shit.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:47 am

Yeah I'm one broke ass nigger too.  You remember how I quit my job last April?  Well I've maybe put in a month of work altogether since then.  And I'm on vacation now, just biding time until I go.  I had about 30k at that time.  In my two months of work, I earned 20k.  And you know, I had to move in September, which got pricey.

What that means is that I've survived in Beijing for 6 months on about less than 40k, and rent is included in that.  And it's looking like I'll make it back with a couple grande USD out of that too!  Thank God plane ticket prices have come down.

Actually I spent most of that money in the first 3 months of my vacation.  I was burning through about 200 a day just in spending money.  The last couple months though I really tightened up.  I've been on a 50 kuai a day budget, chabuduo. Drinking those little baijiu cups @ 1.5 yuan each.  Eating noodles from the local market along with mystery meat I buy from the chinese shops, and shit like that.  I even started buying 3 kuai packs of cigarrettes.  (Yeah, they're fucking awful!)

I couldn't take it anymore, and this morning at 8 AM I peddled my ass down to April Gourmet to buy some fucking real food.  I blew about 250 yuan on pasta and sauces and cheese and sausage and butter and cream and coffee.   I was fucking kicking myself walking out of there, but then I thought about it.  I mean I got a good 3 days worth of food.  I would've spent 150 just eating shitty chinese crap and 7-11 sushi during that time, so it's not really that bad.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:14 am

i hate budgeting.

but sometimes you wonder where all the fucking money is going.

i'm stupid though. i quit a high-paying job because it was located in the middle of nowhere. i should have kept it.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:23 am

Yeah, I should have kept mine too.  But really I didn't have a choice.  I couldn't take one more month of those lying motherfuckers, I just couldn't.

And I was burnt out from so many years of teaching.

To tell the truth, I love not working.  I could do this forever.  The only reason I'm going back is that the numbers aren't adding up anymore.  If I paid another 3 months rent I'd be down to approximately squat.  It's time to go anyway, this place sucks now.

Looking online I'm actually finding a lot of jobs in the US.  Not great jobs, but jobs nonetheless.  I'm probably gonna end up heading to Japan or Philippines eventually anyway, so maybe jsut something to get me by for 9 months or so while I save the money.  I'd really like to try working at one of those home stores, like Lowe's or Home Depot.  I'm just obsessed with this notion of building cabins and outfitting them with everything, so working at one of those places would give me a lot of practical knowledge and ideas to apply toward that end.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:46 am

it's ok. it's not a bad idea.

hey man, there's a guy in the states somewhere who helps people build their own homes for like an insanely cheap price - 20K or 30K or something. you have to build it, but apparently he teaches you how. a lot of the materials are recycled.

the 2 biggest cost factors are obviously materials and labor. so if the materials are recycled stuff and you do most of the labor, that cuts the cost significantly.

and these aren't log cabins. they're fairly nice full-sizes homes.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:48 am

yeah, me too.

got burnt out a few times.

had to take long breaks.

stopped working for 6 months once.

i just can't do it. i can't work all the time.

we're being enslaved. it's not natural to have to work perpetually.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:52 am

The way I see it, I don't need a log cabin, just a stick built one.

You can get a huge cabin shell with siding and roofing, prefab, and delivered to your site in Maine for like 4k.

I think I'm gonna go that route.  

Of course, that's just to get started.  There's still the matters of foundation, septic, well, insulation, walls, flooring, trim, electric, plumbing, fixtures, heat...

That's that stuff I want to get figured out, the systems.  Not the construction.  The prefab is way better than anything I could come up with on my first try, I'm sure.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:03 pm

That's what I want to do is get a bunch of cabins built, all fully furnished and outfitted and rent them as low cost housing for couples or singles.

As I make money, keep adding cabins, until I'm rolling in it and don't need to do any other work.

Also maybe run a store to milk my residents even more with, and sell my greenhouse produce.

That'd be a sweet and easy life right there.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:15 pm

Log Cabins look great and all, but they're a really pricey initial investment. And a 2x4/2x6 constructed cabin properly maintained will last just as long.

You can use the cheap wood-panel siding, whatever, just keep it water-sealed and painted. One area I would splurge on is insulation, cuz that really saves a lot of money just over the course of one winter.

I'm thinking just put them on concrete grounded posts and spread gravel under there. Line the cabins up in a big cirlcle like a camp, with two parking spaces in front of each. A windmill aerated lined pond in the middle. People can swim there in the summer and skate there in the winter.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:21 pm

I also want to use that earthbag technique to wall off a firepit area and make it soundproof.  Then if anyone gets a wild hair up their ass (like me), they can hang out in there at night under the stars with a fire and music going, drinking or toking up or whatever, without disturbing the community. Or use it the day jsut for cookouts or whatever.

Last edited by Psioncy on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:22 pm

Curly: How about a job where you can make millions for doing absolutely nothing and meet beautiful babes?

Moe: What's the job?

Curly: That is the job.

Moe: And who's gonna pay you?

Curly: The boss.

Larry: You know that might be crazy enough to work.
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:27 pm

Hey, this is a very feasible idea.  Low cost housing options are quite popular these days!

Besides it's not "doing nothing" cuz you have to be responsible for maintaining everything.

I'd be selling stuff to the residents, collecting trash, fixing things, collecting rent, cutting grass, and doing all kinds of work.

Sure it would be far from grueling, but it would still be work. With plenty of time left over for hobbies and fucking off.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:31 pm

ok, fine.

sounds good.

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:51 am