No surprises

eggraid

Re: No surprises

Post  eggraid on Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:02 pm

The contract worked that is
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:22 am

Sleep and water are the best medicine. I can cure myself of just about any ailment with just those two things.

I only went to the hospital once in China, for a nasty eye infection, needed IV treatment to reduce the swelling and antibiotics.

Chaoyang hospital. Cost like 200 RMB or something.

I've got a hell of a constitution. For all I've put my body through with the drinking, I've got great appetite, strength, etc. My blood pressure is perfect, bloodwork all came back stellar, good skin tone and *fantastic* hair. Besides I've only drank once in the last month and I plan to keep it up. Putting that doggie on a leash I am.

Binge drinking really fucks up everything, top to bottom. BP, digestive track, nerves... you name it.

I was buying into insurance for about five years in China, but then I decided fuck it, cuz I so rarely go in and the medical care is cheap.

Now I suppose I qualify for ObongoCare here. Rolling Eyes

The US is a fucking mess with medical care. HMO's and insurance companies continue to suck up most the most of the money, making it unaffordable to quite a large segment of the populace. And even then they get massive co-pays... or penalties for not buying in.

Next time around overseas I'll at least get some high-deductible catastrophic insurance or whatever. Cuz you never know. One day your'e fine and the next you've got cancer or are in a car accident or some shit.

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:31 am

Honestly, I truly believe that for most things you don't need medical care.  Eat lots of veggies.  Drink water.  And get enough sleep.  It'll cure what ails ya!

Obviously for nerve damage, heart conditions, cancer, aneurysm, organ failure, broken bones, and deep wounds you better get some care.  But most other stuff, they're just feeding you overpriced pharmaceuticals for no real benefit.

I never take drugs or medication myself.  Except sleeping pills sometimes, cuz they're awesome.  Nothing like getting a solid 10 hours of shut eye. Sleep

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:22 pm

Psioncy wrote:Honestly, I truly believe that for most things you don't need medical care.  Eat lots of veggies.  Drink water.  And get enough sleep.  It'll cure what ails ya!

Obviously for nerve damage, heart conditions, cancer, aneurysm, organ failure, broken bones, and deep wounds you better get some care.  But most other stuff, they're just feeding you overpriced pharmaceuticals for no real benefit.

I never take drugs or medication myself.  Except sleeping pills sometimes, cuz they're awesome.  Nothing like getting a solid 10 hours of shut eye. Sleep

Watch the ebikes. You can get into accidents with those things. It's better to spend more money on taxis to be safer.

Also, with Beijing there's a risk of lung cancer if you live there 20 years. At least try to get out during your holidays to give your lungs a break.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:22 pm