Laid Bare!

Making enemies online

The Great Splendini

Making enemies online

Post  The Great Splendini on Thu May 12, 2016 11:52 am

Wow,
    was on other forums and fighting with everyone.

i think they managed to find out who i am

wouldn't be surprised if i get a knock on the door from the psb soon

or just a bunch of lawai jumping me on the street

yeah, forums are dangerous man. you tell people shit you would never say to their face

and then they want you dead

half the time it's truth they need to hear anyway

half the fucking expats in china are a bunch of miserable fucks

The Great Splendini

Re: Making enemies online

Post  The Great Splendini on Thu May 12, 2016 12:27 pm

i'm getting off the internet.

it's not worth it fighting with all these people.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Fri May 13, 2016 6:23 am

Yeah, it's fun but not worth the stalking.  Free expression is great, but the internet is getting increasingly less anonymous.  Here in the US people often get fired for making off color facebook posts.   Rolling Eyes

I got online in 94-95, where I started flaming and trolling on Usenet.  Those groups still exist.  I checked in recently and saw that many of the same posters were still on there.... but all they were doing was flesh searching and threatening to sue one another.

Flaming is more about theatrics.  It's free expression, and it's entertaining.  Nobody needs RL bullshit from stuff they post on forums, and the people who focus on that are seriously sick in the head.  Particularly over matters of opinion.  If someone's ideas are such a threat to your belief system that you feel the need to silence/downfall/whatever them, then you either have 1.) serious real life mental health issues of your own or 2.) a belief system built on sand.

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Fri May 13, 2016 6:29 am

This shit happened to you on China expat boards other than TBJ???

I recently got banned from my gaming forum for... get this... calling the moderation there "orwellian."  Laughing

Which just serves to prove my point that it is.

They're pretty good in a lot of ways, but there are certain game balance issues which are embedded in the player base and they can't cope with them being discussed.  These are SERIOUS game balance issues too.  Rather than address them meaningfully, they silence anyone who peeps word one about them.  Rolling Eyes

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri May 13, 2016 8:56 am

I got banned from a camera forum once.

But truth be told, I'm a bit nuts online. I argue pretty aggressively and sometimes go way off-topic. I was bringing up crazy shit that had nothing to do with cameras. But.... the moderator was a little Nazi.

Let's face it. A lot of guys who run forums like to control people.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri May 13, 2016 8:59 am

I don't want to say what other forum I was on.

But I started insulting a bunch of people.

And some guys hang out together. And they know who I am. So they might beat the shit out of me. But technically all I did was act like an ahole. I didn't threaten or anything. But I know a couple of them are total aholes. They're miserable fucks whose lives suck ass in China.

One of them is fighting with a lot of people online. He enjoys fighting and is looking to make enemies. And I'm never afraid to back down from a fight, so I told him off. Not realizing that they could track me down. Oh well. Fuck it. Bring it on.

I ran into a laowai on the street. He was scary looking tall ass mofo, maybe 6'5" and he was staring me down. Scary shit. Some of these dudes are probably running away from crimes back home. Shady characters.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri May 13, 2016 9:05 am

Fuck Facebook.

It's for normal people and I'm too fucking nuts. How much fucking crazy shit did I post online?

And those posts stay attached to your name forever. So people can see everything you ever posted in one neat place?

Facebook was created by govt to gather more info about people.

Fuck it.

Yeah, and anonymity exists to a certain point. If you post on a forum just a few times and use a VPN no one will track you. But if you stay on a forum a long time, you end up revealing shit about yourself and people put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Anyway, I just made a bunch of enemies.

But I never hang out with expats in China much anyway. Gossip, can't trust them, too many shady characters.

I'm trolling on Youtube now. It's different because you can bounce around from one channel to another there and Youtube hasn't bothered me. If you piss people off, they just block you from their channels usually. And it's not the same as a local forum where you run into people at the local bar.

Oh well, fuck it.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri May 13, 2016 9:09 am

And this forum is a bit dangerous.

Because I've gotten used to saying just about anything.

But other forums people don't take it too well.

Anyway, our conversations were useful because the ego get shattered. Other people, talking to them is like walking on egg shells. You can't fucking challenge a goddamn thing about them before they turn purple and want you dead. I almost deliberately play devil's advocate and challenge them for no reason just to mess with their egos.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri May 13, 2016 9:19 am

that laowai motherfucker scared the shit out of me.
    he was staring me down.

it has nothing to do with the online thing though.
    but it reminded me that i shouldn't walk around like a tourist here.
    crazy people out there.

and i have met 2 laowai in china who have talked about hiring hit men to whack people.
    no joke
    a lot a of expats here have criminal minds
    or they're gangster wannabes

eggraid

Post  eggraid on Thu May 19, 2016 3:02 am

why would anyone stop and stare you down for no apperent reason. He eyed you because you're a foreigner?

the internet doesn't scare me at all unless i'm doing something illegal, or something i can't stand for.

I don't work in the education system here anymore either, so i don't even have a PC-reputation that i have to tactically maintain, so i'm free to do/say whatever i want, which is really f----ing nice. Don't think i've ever threatened anyone on the internet, if i did, i'd be greatly embarassed about it.

If someone says they're going to beat you up on the internet, they probably won't. What did you say to them anyway?

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Thu May 19, 2016 7:14 am

the guy who stared me down? have no idea why. he just did.

the internet. well, there was a guy who was a bully. he was bullying a few other guys on the forum, pushing his weight around. so i decided to jump in and bully him back. and he's trying to find out who i am. and at least one other guy on the forum knows who i am. i didn't threaten him. i just insulted him and bothered him and made him lose face. he has a big ego. i don't think he's going to hunt me down and kill me. might be overkill for just a few insults.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu May 19, 2016 1:30 pm

Herojuana's back???? cheers

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu May 19, 2016 1:33 pm

He used to challenge me to fights, but I'd just tell him:  "No dice, buckaroo.  Don't think for a second you're gonna trick me into going on a gay-ass man date with you."

Cuz I'm pretty certain that was what he was really looking for.  Rolling Eyes

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Thu May 19, 2016 4:50 pm

Yeah, he was a bit of an online bully juana, right?

They ALL were. That's how the whole RB thing exploded.

Man those were the days!

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:43 am