Laid Bare!

Sciency, I challenge you to a motherfuckin' DUEL

Psioncy

Re: Sciency, I challenge you to a motherfuckin' DUEL

Post  Psioncy on Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:36 pm

LOL, you remember when I went to Linux a year and half ago. I posted a bunch of shit about it.

What a F-ing joke.

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:27 pm

The hotel here is very funny.

They have a sign that says: "NO LADYBOYS ALLOWED!"

I guess that means I won't meet your m/f friend, Dongsuck.  lol!

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:39 pm

All my girls are female. At least I don' t have that problem.

I'm gonna go exploring now. Cya later.

M'fkrs!

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:03 am

So the NUC is like a miniature desktop that you attach a keyboard and monitor and that's portable?

You fucking GENIUS man.

Problem is I think laptops are more fucking convenient coz the laptop is an irreplaceable work of art.

So fuck you and your fucking NUC.

Coz I'm sure there are a shitload of situations that my laptop kicks your NUC's ass.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:06 am

Hey sexy man! You want a handjob?
    What? huh? Uhhhhh..... I dunno.... I don't think my mother would .....
    YESSSS!!! my precioussssss handjob!!!! neeeds it! wants it!!
    NO MASTER!!!!!!
    Shut up!!! you have no friends!!!
    I'm not listening!!!
    Ok sure. how much for the handjob? Are you a ladyboy by any chance? My hotel doesn't accept...

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:12 am

don't fuck with my laptop.

tablets tried to replace laptops and failed.

NUC doesn't replace a laptop either

fuck you

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:40 am

Hey motherfucker

Do you know how to overclock your NUC's CPU without setting it on fire?

I'll give you the step by step instructions.

Trust me.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:57 am

The Great Splendini wrote:Hey motherfucker

Do you know how to overclock your NUC's CPU without setting it on fire?

I'll give you the step by step instructions.

Trust me.

Oh it's plenty fast enough. Nothing ever hangs in Windows, and everything loads instantly.

I bet that not only can my NUC kick your laptop's ass, I bet my laptop can also kick your laptop's ass.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:07 am

The Great Splendini wrote:Hey sexy man! You want a handjob?
    What? huh? Uhhhhh..... I dunno.... I don't think my mother would .....
    YESSSS!!! my precioussssss handjob!!!! neeeds it! wants it!!
    NO MASTER!!!!!!
    Shut up!!! you have no friends!!!
    I'm not listening!!!
    Ok sure. how much for the handjob? Are you a ladyboy by any chance? My hotel doesn't accept...

Oh dude, it is a fucking freak show outside. I've never seen anything like it.

Prostitutes just lining the street, some displaying partial nudity. Some are quite beautiful. Every color of the rainbow too. Well I have yet to see a white one, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if I did.

And, yeah, lots of ladyboys walking around too.

The Thailand I've experienced thus far was quite strict. For example, you can't smoke anywhere except for the few designated areas that you have to seek out. Here, they told me to go ahead and smoke in the room! People smoke anywhere outside. They also drink. I saw a bunch of dudes stumbling around during my stroll. It's like anything goes out there!

I shall not be partaking. First of all, money. I don't exactly have a job. Secondly, you can't always be sure which gender you're getting into bed with. Third, I don't need my wallet or passport stolen or some bullshit like that.

Well, more importantly I am being faithful to my GF.

Some of the women though, wow. Very attractive! Shocked

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:08 am

This is the Thailand I keep hearing about.

It's like the polar opposite of the other one I've been in.

I am quitting drinking as of today. God only knows what kind of trouble I'd get into out there.

I'm just going for walks, a couple time a day, like a dog. I'm treating myself like a dog.

I'm gonna sit in this room and write or sleep 22 hours a day. I am NOT going to delve into that bullshit outside.

Besides the food. There is a lot of excellent food out there, the best I've eaten since I've come this country.

I've lost four belt notches here. That's how little I was eating. Regular Thai food is nasty for the most part.

I just sort of quit eating. I mean, I still would eat once a day or something. Now I'm eating well.

I'm hungry now. But I don't want to go out there at this hour. It's 3 AM. Supposedly, under Thai law everything should be shut down by now. But from what I've seen, they're not all that concerned about following the law here.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:11 am

The Great Splendini wrote:So the NUC is like a miniature desktop that you attach a keyboard and monitor and that's portable?

You fucking GENIUS man.

This is all true. I don't like working on a laptop, too constricting. I need a full sized keyboard, and prefer the mouse. And with a desktop system, if something breaks, like the keyboard or the monitor or the mouse, you can just replace it. Laptops not so simple. Also they overheat constantly and slowly die from it.

The problem with bringing the NUC is that I also had to bring the monitor, which obviously takes up a lot of luggage space and adds significant weight. What I should have done is bought a portable monitor instead of lugging this monstrosity around with me.

What I realized though at my first hotel is that if there is a modern TV in the room, you can just hook the HDMI cable from the NUC into it and off you go.

That room had such a tv on a desk of sorts, so it worked for me while my monitor was broken.

I still can't believe I managed to fix the monitor with a pen and a bottle opener. That *is* genius.

Well, the problem wasn't actually as bad as it appeared. It was just a matter of moving parts back into order and aligning stuff.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:57 pm

The cool thing about the Windows 10 laptop is that even though W10 takes forever to load, you don't need to restart for days.  Just close the cover and it goes into full sleep mode with all your windows up.

That makes it pretty handy, cuz I can just pull it out anytime and show someone something... or use it, without having to go through all kinds of rigamarole.

It also has a tablet function.  The screen hinges allow you to turn it backward completely flush again the computer (like it's closed but the opposite) creating a tablet.  It then goes into tablet mode.

Problem is, you have a tablet that is all keys at the bottom so you can't set it down anywhere or lap it.  And the touchscreen is clunky compared to say, an iPad.  I'm quite taken with touchscreen now, mostly just for Google Map/Earth.  I spend hours playing with that sometimes.

So, "Pi" I suppose this super-duper laptop of yours can do all that?  Cuz it's supposedly gonna kick the crap out of mine, right?

I am as comped up as I have ever been.  I usually keep at least computers.  I've had three at once before.  I'm fucking computer-crazed, and have been since I was a kid.

Yet I don't know how to use a smartphone.  I need to get one.  Having Google map on a 4G smartphone would have saved me from getting lost here the many times that I have.

What I do is study Google map on the PC and SS the map and put into my laptop, if I'm taking it with me.  But I still get all lost even then, cuz Bangkok is a mindfuck.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:41 pm

I'm so stupid.  I should've booked a room in a more pictureque or historic area, like the riverside or Chinatown, and just come here to view the freakshow for one evening.

But nope, I booked straight through at heart of this crazy sex carnival.   Now I'm scared to go outside, scared of blowing a bunch of money and scared of banging these absolutely gorgeous prostitutes.

(I really don't feel like canceling my booking and find a new hotel though either, cuz I'm also lazy.)

I don't understand why girls this beautiful would be prostitutes.  Many of them are absolutely fucking gorgeous!  I'd take one up for marriage... except for the fact she is a prostitute.  That and I already have someone.... sorta... I think.  I'm really not sure to be honest.  But I'm there at least even if she isn't.  I mean, it's the most fucking complicated relationship I've ever been in, just like recursive complications.

Yet I can't just sit here posting on SK endlessly, I *must* go outside for food and whatnot.  I just don't want to end up all drunk and robbed by a hooker, for I *know* I have a serious self-control problem, particularly when it comes to booze and women.  And here I am in the world's ultimate red-light district with nothing else to do!

Well I guess I could do more in the way of job hunting online and such.  Work on the novel.  Post here.  Anything.  I really do not want to go out and get all drunk and blow a shit-ton of money, because being jobless my finances are rather limited.

I mean I have enough.  I have more than enough to do this whole thing up completely.  I could go bang like 20 women right now if I so chose, but I am choosing not to.  That money would better serve me in the future than it would doing this stupid shit that, honestly, a part of me really wants to go do.

But is not going to his way.  Evil or Very Mad

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:52 pm

It doesn't matter what's outside; I'm in a room.  A room that could be anywhere else.  There could be a pastuerland outside or a deep blue seaside.  There could be anything out there, assuming I don't look out the window or go outside, I could literally be anywhere my mind wants to be.

Saturn.

I'm in the Saturn System.  This room is in a hotel on Titan.  No, not Titan it's got a freezing cold methane atmosphere.  Enceladas.   Enceladas is nice and clean and white with excellent views of The Rings.  That's where I am right now, the Saturnian moon of Enceladus.  It's so calm and peaceful here.  In fact, I'm the only guest at the moment.

That's where I am.  Nobody but NOBODY better come onto this thread and try to remind me otherwise! Mad

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:34 pm

I just went out for a walk and I did mostly pretty well. I didn't have a drink or fuck any whores. So big pat on the back for me! cheers

I went for a pretty good hike. I did walk around Nana plaza, "The World's Largest Sex Mall," but it's still early so they were mostly just setting up, no girls dancing yet or anything.

This one big drunk white dude was stumbling around toward me. I moved out his way to let him pass, and he started following me for some reason, still stumbling and shit. Anyway, it's pretty easy to outmaneuver someone that loaded. It's nice to people in that condition out in public who aren't me.

Now I say things hadn't started yet, but I did still get propositioned by at least 30 whores on my little walk, and two ladyboys, there and on the streets. Needless to say, my pace picks up rapidly.

I wouldn't want to be drunk and whoring, because if you were drunk you really might not know the difference with some of them until it was too late. Shocked

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:44 pm

I just can't get over how in a country this strict, *this* goes on.  The other two areas I've stayed are strict as Hell, but this place is more like *actual* Hell.

I guess they just make too much money letting foreigners come here and go bananas.  Still not as cool as the SLT of 2003-2009.  I mean these are all hookers.  SLT had hookers too, but also all the regular women you could want on tap.

Hookers don't count as a "score" in my book.  I mean you can do it, but you don't get any points for it.  And as we all know, whoever gets the most points wins! cheers

I don't know what the Grand Prize is.... probably Hell, like it is for everything else that's any fun.  Rolling Eyes

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:20 am

Yeah, a lot of those Thai girls are stunning.

But from reading some blogs, a lot of guys fall in love with these bar girls, marry them and take them to their country. But most of these marriages fail. I think once a girl sells herself, she's too "tainted" to become a housewife. Not really sure how it works as I've never married one. But the batting average for guys who try to 'save' these girls from the bars seems to be not that great.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:29 am

Yeah, ok. Now I know the NUC. I had read about it.

Look dude, it does not replace a laptop for precisely the reason you mentioned. You have to lug around the monitor. Such is the beauty of the laptop, a masterpiece invention which may never be replaced. Yeah, if ALL hotels and whatever had monitors with HDMI, but that's never going to happen. You can't rely on external monitors. And it's a pain in the ass to lug a monitor around.

the NUC has advantages for sure. but it's more of a desktop, somewhat portable, but not quite as portable as a laptop.

The tablet was supposed to replace the laptop. Then, you had to start buying external keyboards to be able to operate it as a laptop.

The laptop is a masterpiece genius invention that should not and cannot be replaced.

The ideal situation is to have multiple devices - a desktop (maybe NUC), a laptop, and a tablet. If I actually had my own home, I'd get a fucking desktop, but that might never happen.

My laptop an Intel Core i5 with 12 gig of ram. The only thing is the graphics card is not great, so I won't use it for any gaming. But it seems pretty fast.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:57 pm

Oh, it's incredible. But you're right about the monitor. It takes up 1/3 of my bag. And I only use one bag. That leaves me with 2/3 of a suitcase and my satchel to carry all my clothes in.

Needless to say, I don't own much.

And it has no battery.

I'm still glad I did it because I'm sitting here right now tapping away at a full sized wireless keyboard and using a mouse, rather having my fingers all constricted and fucking around with a touchpad. Though you can use a wireless mouse with your laptop, or even a keyboard, but then again I'm also looking at 22 inch display right now.

I've got a pretty sweet system set up computer-wise with the NUC and the laptop. And it's handy having both going at the same time sometimes. I can put reference data up on the laptop to my left to glance it so I don't have to deal with flipping back and forth through so many windows on this machine. Also if a chick ever came into my room and saw this she would be totally impres.... NM. pale No she wouldn't. But I'm impressed with *myself* and that's all that really matters. I love you

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:01 pm

Well.... *maybe* one would  Question  The cleaning lady should be around shortly.  We'll see if she tries to jump my bones when she sees me on two computers at the same time, like a rockstar. Like a Star @ heaven

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:00 pm

A laptop does me. With wifi I can watch any movie i choose from that free website.

Just watched Tag Hunter, quite good.

I can write, it is portable.

With no wifi I can still write and watch dvd's.

What is your second one?

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:35 pm

I have mini-pc, very powerful, to set up a workstation. Then I also have the laptop I described on the other thread about laptops.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:32 pm

I see, like how big?

Let me Google it
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    RobertBlack