Laid Bare!

Let me list my enemies.

The Great Splendini

Re: Let me list my enemies.

Post  The Great Splendini on Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:14 am

It's unethical for bosses to play favorites.

One place, the boss was being replaced and one guy new he was going to get fired because his replacement didn't like that he was gay. Actually the gay guy was one of the nicest laowai I met in China and was doing his job. That's total discrimination. Back home, you could probably sue for that shit.

And most bosses fucking hate me. Not because I'm total shit.

The last job I thought I had it made because I was the only laowai there. No office hours, no competition, no playing favorites with the boss. But then it turned into another shithole for other reasons.

I honestly don't know how you guys survive drinking. I have trouble surviving without drinking. I guess it doesn't make much difference, right. If the boss wants to fuck you, might as well hang out at the bar?

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:41 am

You should drink.  It does have its benefits.

They are extremely short-term and you pay like hell for them later, but benefits nonetheless.

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:31 pm

Dude WTF are you talking about?  We totally knew each other.

We used to talk at work all the time.

Yeah, the old limey was sort of a cunt.  He was naval, and... I shit you not... wait....

His submarine that he worked on.... LOL... it's too funny.

They torpedoed a whale!  lol!

And they got into all kinds of trouble for it too.  OMG too funny!

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:06 pm

After I left, I scored a pretty good job at a school out in the far east. Weird place, a college, with huge grounds. The only hassle was getting a taxi to San Li Tun.

Had my own house and shit.

Was teaching marketing. Had no fucking idea.

Bluffed my way through though, as you do.

I bumped into the gay American at wo dao kou (can't recall spelling, he was still taking Chinese lessons!) and the young blonde American, with his ABC gf at Poachers. They were more fucked than me, lol.
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:21 pm

I remember the gay dude but not the other one.  I bumped into the Chinese female boss of the place, what-the-f-was-her-name, at a farmer's market one day.  She wanted me to go back to work for them, but the new school was way out in fuck-all.  For me there's no point in living in Beijing if not in city center NE, Dongzhimen, SLT, or the like.  I'll live Dongcheng but not in Xicheng.  I did that for about six months, total suck... like Haidian was... and surely still is.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:38 pm

Yeah, I lived in a few shithole districts far out. Fengtai and so on. Was a nightmare trying to get home when fucked off your head. Had some interesting taxi experiences.

One time in Harbin, it was fucking winter, all snow, and I lost my wallet somewhere, and I knew the campus grounds real well. So i decided to leg it from outside campus. To his credit the taxi driver left his taxi on the road and hunted me down. Found me hiding behind a tree in like a foot off snow. Fortunately I had money back at the hotel where I stayed on campus. He saw the funny side, eventually.

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:15 am