Laid Bare!

Just quit the job I spent over two weeks trying to get... on day one.

The Great Splendini

Re: Just quit the job I spent over two weeks trying to get... on day one.

Post  The Great Splendini on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:06 pm

I had a couple of interviews for Thailand.

They all seem to hire at the last minute. Red flag right there.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:17 am

this from an article...

Thailand has a hierarchical society in which teachers are afforded huge respect.

...powerful figures routinely avoiding prosecution. Earlier this month video footage went viral of a student forced to grovel at her teacher’s feet following a disagreement over whether she was allergic to egg-tofu soup.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:19 am

and some teachers are caning 9 year old students.

it's a backward education system.

and probably no one is learning shit either.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:52 am

The Great Splendini wrote:

Fucking Thais are arrogant assholes expecting people to fly across the world for low-paying jobs to do a demo and then half the schools are run by baboons.

LOL!

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:56 am

The Great Splendini wrote:and some teachers are caning 9 year old students.

it's a backward education system.

and probably no one is learning shit either.

That's just too fucked up for words.

If I saw teacher caning a student, I think I would rip the cane out his hands and cane him -in front of the student.

Depending on how big he was. Razz

If he's some huge dude, the boy can just take his caning.

When I was kid I attended school in Florida for two years.  Each teacher had a paddle, and they used them.

But it was sort of a joke.  We're 8 year old boys.  We spend our free time fighting and doing sports and crashing our bicycles.  A smack on the ass with the paddle is like nothing to us.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:08 am

The Great Splendini wrote:I read that Thailand came up with a new visa that allows you to stay 6 months without exiting, but the catch is that it can only be applied to from your home country. And I don't think it allows you to work but maybe it can be changed to a work visa.

The whole concept of having to fly home to get a work visa is fucking goddamn annoying and stupid.

And in Japan, doesn't the work visa belong to the teacher? Like if you fuck off from a school, you can just change jobs without having to change the visa? I think I read that a long time ago. That would be a dream situation. I've spent 1/3 of my waking life applying for fucking visas. It's maddening.

In Thailand they do that with the visas.  I didn't see anything about this 6 month visa on the consulate website when I applied for mine.

I don't WTF I'm doing.  I'm going to Japan on a tourist visa, then coming back here.  Or who knows?  Refer to my sig line.  Razz

I do know that in Japan you need a company to sponsor your work visa.  Maybe after that you can change employers without reapplying.

In both Japan and Thailand, you can live and work in the country if you are married to a local.  I met one guy like this at my school.  He was learning to teach English because all he'd been doing for work for the past three years is washing dishes at his wife's family's restaurant.

In Japan it is limited 25 hours a week.  But for teaching, that's fine, just don't count the prep.  Who wants to teach more than 25 anyway?  I know people who do, and I've done it myself, but it sucks.  I work to live not the other way around.

Maybe you're right, I should just go back to China.  I'm also applying for online gigs.  Some of them pay all right.  I mean if I'm making $22 an hour online and living here that's a lot more money than I'd be making working my tail off at a baboon school.  And there's no commute.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:29 am

Yeah that is the dilemma. They want you to apply in person, in many countries. In Beijing some schools are like that too. It's like they don't understand visas and airplanes and being from another country.

And with Skype now, there's really no reason they can't evaluate you remotely.

It's like the bitch at that job I started. I told her I would need a day off next week to extend my visa. And she was like "Well, we'll see. Maybe if there's time later in the afternoon." Remember too that I'm in a jungle suburb way outside city center, jungleburb if you will. Razz I mean, WTF? I can't work here without the fucking visa, bitch! This is some government office in crazy ass downtown Bangkok I have to go to.

My employer in Beijing pulled the same shit with me, telling me I had to teach classes on the day I needed to go to the PSB to renew my visa. (I had told them this in writing a week earlier as well.) I was at the school but they didn't want to give me the afternoon off, they wanted me to work til 3:30. The PSB closes at 4:30 and I have to travel. I just fucking walked out at 2.

Such fucking assholes it's unbelievable.

Like that dude on the beijinger last year. He was fully qualified and got a job in Beijing. The company got him his visa and residence permit, except that really they had used a visa agency to do this, without telling him of course.

They also had a bunch of illegal teachers at his school. So his manager got tipped off somehow and told everyone, don't come in tomorrow because the PSB is going to raid the school.

This guy said, "Well, I'm legal so I should still come in and teach my classes, right?"

The manager agreed. The next day the PSB raided the school. The dude got busted, jailed/fined/deported. He was on the beijinger bitching about it. I don't blame him, I'd bitch too.

The schools just pay their fine and keep doing illegal shit as a cost of doing business for them. For the FT it's far more severe and fucks up their life.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:41 am

Thai students are as badly behaved as any Chinese classroom I've ever dealt with -if not worse.

They stand and greet the teacher with the Thai hand signal and chant something in Thai.  It's deceives you into thinking you will have an orderly classroom; you will not.

Well one of the classes was better than the other.  It's like that in Chinese public schools too, since they separate them according to their marks, so in one grade you'll get one really great high level class of serious minded students and then in the next period you're suddenly in the monkey house at the zoo.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:12 pm

Taiwan and Hong Kong, have a no visa period. I think for me it is 180 days in Taiwan. But then you need to get a work visa of course, though I am sure many don't, just like the mainland.
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:24 pm

Can you convert to a tourist visa/free entry to a work visa in those places, or do you they make you exit and reenter like the rest of these asshole countries?

eggraid

Post  eggraid on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:06 pm

It's line when you install a program and you have restart your computer. F----ing assholes.

You guys need to live countries where you're not an unofficial semi-person with strange skin-color.
    Having to be treated like an across-the-border-ragdoll by a 3rd world country is not worth any of the benefits. Asian women are also rather boring. Might aswell go out with a Dead fish in hope for a deathrattle. Or one of those human-sized cardboard dolls.
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:30 pm

Oh believe me, I get treated even worse in my own country. I'm basically a refugee.

Asian girls are not boring in bed, where it counts most. The rest of the time you can just read a book while they clean the house or whatever.

Also I have known some extremely interesting Asian girls, granted more not than moreso.

Gotta say, I liked the tone of your post though. Gave me a good laugh.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:32 pm

Asian women are not boring, unless they are dumb. Nearly all of my Chinese gf's had a degree, and some of them were fucking brilliant. Like Li Ting, who was a CCTV 9 journalist.

You just been dating the wrong Asian girls Eggraid.

It seems for Taiwan the work visa can be converted in Taiwan. Hong Kong would predictably be the same.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:01 am

I met a few interesting Chinese girls. A couple were rich. One was an artist. They were more interesting than me, I gotta say. And that's the catch. They all dumped me because they were better than me.

Eggraid, I agree 100%. We're being totally degraded in these countries. Boss doesn't like the way you comb your hair? Fuck you. And next thing you know you have to fly back home and beg for another visa. My whole life in China has been completely degrading.

I might go back for one more stint as I have not been able to find work back home. But after that I will take a year off to get another degree in something and find something back home.

Not to mention nearly getting beaten up a few times in the streets due to racist envious assholes.

I'm sick of being an immigrant in shit asian countries that are not ready to accept people from foreign countries.

Immigrants here have the red carpet rolled out. They become citizens after 5 years or whatever and don't need to deal with racism.

And guess what? You can meet Asian girls anywhere in the world because there's so many of them that have moved to Western countries. And it's easier to meet them here because you don't have to worry about them dating you only to get a visa.

And when I extricate myself completely, I'm going to get REVENGE on all my former employers who fucked me there and ruined my life.

Fuck ALL OF ASIA UP THE ASS.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:33 am

The Great Splendini wrote:

Fuck ALL OF ASIA UP THE ASS.

Sounds like a plan Twisted Evil

I'm still more of poon man, but do yours your way.  All of Asia is getting *fucked.*  That's the plan.  Finally, we have a plan around here.  cheers

Like you said, the economy back home.  Home is more degrading than here, IMHO.

Not that this isn't degrading; it is, extremely.  I have adapted by adopting extremely low standards.

I'm thinking about doing the online thing and just traveling between here and Japan on tourist visas every three months, or some other countries too.

Here I like because the hotels are so cheap.  The last one I stayed at was $11 a night.  That's with AC and internet and everything.  You can rent a private apartment with A/C kitchen and internet in the nicest parts of Bangkok for 8k baht. ($230 USD)  A basic one mind you, but still with all that.  If want to go higher you get sweet amenities, like gym and pool.

A Thai tourist, applied for not at entry, is two months.  You can extend another 30 days at the gov office.  So that's three months per entry.

A round trip bus ride to Laos or Cambodia is less than $50, and those hotels are cheap too.  There are even agencies that arrange your visa runs for you, so you deal with no headaches at all figuring it out yourself.  It only takes two days.  Or  you can stay in Laos or Cambodia a while and then go back to Thailand.  (It's a lot cheaper than flying round trip to Japan and back.  Holy shit is Japan expensive!)

In fact many people work on exactly this scheme, but it's illegal and if you caught....  you're busted!  The schools actually rely on recruiter/agents for the teachers and don't deal with the visas themsevles for the most part.

But if you are working online, for say a Chinese company, teaching over Skype for much better money than you'd be making locally, there's nothing illegal about that.  And your students come with you.  So if you want to pack up for another country or even go home, you can keep right on working the same job.  Pretty smart, huh?  This is what I'm plotting on right now.  We'll see if it actually works.  But imagine that, making a Chinese salary and living here in Thailand with the low cost of living.  Cha-ching!  Be living pretty high on the hog.   pig

Last edited by Psioncy on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:40 am

Yeah well, the smart people just fucking stayed home and developed their careers here.

Idiots and losers like me and you got fucked in China for years and now fucked ourselves out of decent job opportunities back home.

I know someone who is retiring at 55 here. Now, she's probably going to not do much. But man would I kill to be able to retire at 55 and if I could do my life over, I would have tried to develop my career here and retire that young and still have many years to be able to travel to Asia and other countries.

They're great places to travel, not to live and work.

Well fuck me since I don't have a time machine to go back in time and I've fucked up my whole life.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:41 am

I looked up teaching online.

The salaries are low. And here they would tax you high on the income and cost of living is high.

It might be doable working out of Thailand I guess. Maybe it's not a bad idea.
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:46 am

Yeah, but we have something they don't.  Remember that.

Also, not everyone back home, at least not in the US, has come out so well staying there.  There're a lot of folks in miserable poverty, even working ones.  

Well, I can barely bring myself to say this... but statistically, the US is a lot worse than Canada.  People don't talk about the homeless problem anymore, but it's at an all time high.

Really a lot of people scraping by, and not.  

So buck up and get your ass back over here.... and fight in SK Operation Fuck Asia Up The ASS (or poon, soldier's choice.)   SKOFAUTA/P   <- That's the acronym we will refer to it as from here on out.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:55 am

Yep, that's true.

It might be getting worse here too.

Because I saw a pamphlet about "revolution". Never used to see that before.

And I was at McDonald's and a bunch of people ask me to buy them coffee and stuff. They're not homeless, but they're on the cusp of poverty.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:01 am

Yeah, at least half the population is hanging by a thread.

Vote TRUMP!  

Oh right, you're Canadian Rolling Eyes

Well just drive down here to a swing state with a big fake moustache and sombero and talk to a democratic politician, they'll probably let you vote.

You have to do the accent too!  "Me wants to vote, senior, cuz I are Americano." <- just remember to put that squiggly thing over all the n's.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:02 am

I would vote Hillary.

She's the evil cunt you motherfuckers need to bitchslap you back into shape.
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:05 am

I'm being a piss-poor poon soldier at the moment. I could literally walk out the door of my hotel, go 100 meters down the alley and find dozens of prostitutes to choose from.

Bring one back, bang her, go out and get another.

I could be scoring by the dozen a day here. Well, I might wear out at that rate, but there are street vendors all around selling viagra and sex lube and some other stuff, like devices I don't even want to look at too closely because I don't want to know what they're for.
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:10 am

The Great Splendini wrote:I would vote Hillary.

She's the evil cunt you motherfuckers need to bitchslap you back into shape.

What?

You know I was just about to take you off my enemy list at long last, and then you have to go and say something that F-ed up to me.

You were just bitching about immigrants and free handouts and shit.  That's all Hillary and Obama do, they're entire agenda: keep whitey down.

What have they done to improve ANYTHING?

It's all gone to shit under Obama, and Crooked Hillary is just more of the same.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:12 am

That's what they're there for. Knock yourself out.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:12 am

EVERYONE HERE IS VOTING TRUMP. I DON'T CARE WHAT COUNTRY YOU ARE FROM DO IT ANYWAY.

THAT IS NOT A REQUEST, IT IS A M'FKN COMMAND!

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:38 pm