Laid Bare!

I'm a little annoyed with my religion and am thinking of changing it.

Psioncy

I'm a little annoyed with my religion and am thinking of changing it.

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:58 am

As everyone know I am officially "Buddhist or whatever."

But it may be on the way out for me.

Yesterday, I went out for coffee. There was this monk standing in front of the coffee shop and these three dudes were bowing to his feet. I mean like superbowing.

I figured it wasn't my business because Buddhistorwhateverism is an entirely different sect than theirs, so I just walked into the coffee shop. The girl behind the counter was excitedly preparing coffee and cake. "One minute" she told me as I waited. Then I got to wait some as she ran outside to hand the order to the monk. "Fine," I thought, "just get F back here and make *my* coffee." Nope. She got on the ground too and started praying and praying as I am waiting and waiting. So I was like fuck this I'll get coffee somewhere else, and I walked out the shop. She noticed this and got back up and ran inside to take my order.

You don't tell someone "One minute," and go outside and start praying for five. She could have just told me "Not now," or "Come back later." I would have totally understood.

So now I'm thinking about dropping Buddhism, because I had to wait too long for my coffee and I want to penalize an entire religion for it by quitting it.

The question remains though, which religion will I take up to fill the void?

I've already done atheist, agnostic, and Christian. Played around with Gnosticism and Luciferianism... a bit. I really don't want to wrap a towel around my head because I like to travel and that can cause me problems at airport security. Hinduism.... I don't know. I don't think I could track of their pantheon. It's just too big and complicated. Judaism, well you know my feelings on that one.

Maybe I'll just make up an entirely new religion for myself. That'll give me something to do while I sit in this hotel room for a week.

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."
    Psioncy

Re: I'm a little annoyed with my religion and am thinking of changing it.

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:06 am

Or just no religion. Not atheism or agnosticism, I don't believe those either. Just nada. Nadaism?

Maybe I could try to believe like every single religion at the same time. That'd keep my mind busy!

I just don't like waiting for shit, especially coffee.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:20 pm

All racism aside, I wouldn't want to be Hebrew.  I just don't like their style; it's like somehow boring and gaudy at the same time.  

Now, I'll say some really racist stuff, because that's what our viewers want.  So many guests lately.  Rolling Eyes

When you think about it, Religion and Race are in many ways synonymous.  Religious wars are most often Race wars.

I know, I know there's crossover, but by and large race and religion are the same thing.

Again, speaking in generalities: Christians are white, Indians are Hindu, East Asians are Buddhist, Muslims are Arabs... and Jews are Jews.

Blacks are only ones who can't seem to make up their minds, with Africa quite divided between Christians and Muslims.

Religious wars (and don't think the ones right now aren't) are by and large stupid.  People rarely choose their religion; they are born into it, just as they are their race.

Yet still off they go killing each other over doctrine... but maybe it's more about race.  Religion and Race are so intertwined, there's no telling.

I've been having a turn of heart on the racism lately, because I'm staunchly anti-war.  In my view, there is nothing more racist than religious war.  Therefore, to make peace between Races, we would need to abolish Religion.

Yeah, I totally know that's never going to happen.  I'm just saying... one begets the other.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:44 am

Yes, religion needs to be abolished.

You're not the first person to come up with this concept.

The Venerable His Holiness John Lennon took it a step further....

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion, too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace... You...

And many Buddhist monks there have been caught doing some rather evil deeds. They use religion to hide themselves.

Just like Mother Teresa. Yeah maybe she did good work, but the Catholic Church uses her good name, attaches themselves to her to hide their evil deeds.

Also, as far as I know, Pastafarianism never hurt nobody. Pasta and aliens! think about it.
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:08 am

But you *can't* abolish it.  You can't just decree everyone gives up their faiths.  THAT would be inhuman also -in addition to being entirely impractical.

Yeah, those Tibetan monks are celibate, right?  Well there's a caveat.  They can put it in, they just can't come.  That's celibacy, really?

Whether they can finish off on their own later, I don't know.  I used to read a lot of Buddhist literature, and I think there is something about "clearing the pipes" every so often.

Like twice a month or something, they're supposed to do this.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:12 am

A lot of Buddhist monks were renowned for going to brothels too.

Well, I was born in a Catholic family and I extricated myself from it. If I ever have children, I would encourage them not to be part of any religion.

I think 70% of born again Christians are from childhood. I think they understand that if you brainwash kids when they're young, they're more likely to practice and pass it on to their own children.

Because kids can be brainwashed and it's hard to become unbrainwashed later in life.

Break the cycle.

It would take many generations, but the planet isn't going anywhere.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:25 am

Neither is religion.  Christianity and Judaism have both been weakened (or strengthened according to one's perspective) considerably by atheism and agnosticism and new age and everything else.  But go tell the Muslims and the Hindus they need to phase out their practices.  Never gonna happen.  Buddhists either.  They are kookoo for buddhapuffs over here.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:27 am

No, it might not happen. Too complicated.

My family fucking hates me for many reasons. One of them is I avoid going to Church for functions.

I'm the outcast and the evil one, of course.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:38 am

I'd go to church if my mother wanted me to. I have no issue with it.

I haven't been to church since I got married in a Catholic church in Jilin in 2003.

I don't know why my wife insisted on getting married in a church, she's not even Christian. She read "The DaVinci Code" and kept talking about it because that was she knew about Christianity. Also I'm not Catholic, but I know enough about it because half my family is.

It was pretty funny. My elderly Chinese mother-in-law looking at the Stations of the Cross and getting completely repulsed and freaked out by them. Can you imagine knowing nothing about it, then, for example, watch "The Passion of The Christ?" It would be horrifying! Worse than Jason, Chuckie, and Freddy Krueger all put together.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:49 am

yeah well whatever.

getting married maybe is not big deal.

but i got sick of all the born-again missionaries in china. another reason i hate china.

i never met so many of these people back home, where they can easily be avoided.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:14 pm

So you're a Catholic apostate, huh?

You went and shit in the woods with just the bear and not the Pope?

He's gonna get constipated, and you're gonna get bear-mauled.

It's all part of God's Plan.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:20 pm

The Great Splendini wrote:yeah well whatever.

getting married maybe is not big deal.

but i got sick of all the born-again missionaries in china. another reason i hate china.

i never met so many of these people back home, where they can easily be avoided.

Some of the Chinese proselytizers are worse than the foreign ones.  I have no problem with a student stating their religious beliefs or talking about what nice time they had at church over the weekend.  But I have to tell them to shut the fuck up at some point, because they're trying to turn the entire class into a sermon.  Like we're talking about checking into hotels, and she's sitting there going on and on about how she once felt the Holy Spirit come over her in a hotel.  And I'm like SHUT THE FUCK UP, BITCH.  These other students didn't come here to listen to you proselytize throughout the entire class.  I've got other students in here who are Muslim, Buddhist, atheist, whathaveyou and they don't want to sit here listening to this shit endlessly either.  They want to discuss and role-play hotel check-ins.  Honestly, Christians are the hands-down absolute worst in this regard.  Muslims a little bit, but nothing compared to Christians.  Ever have a Buddhist or a Hindu try to convert you?   No.  Of course not, because they have some F-ing respect for other faiths.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:30 pm

The Blessed Race

Give them their food
    So they can eat
    Give them their water
    So they can drink
    Give them their weed
    To soothe their pain
    Give them their booze
    To release their anger
    Give them their hate
    Give them their violence
    Give them their weapons
    So they can kill
    Give them their war
    Give them their medicine
    So they can feel healthy
    Give them their language
    So they can communicate
    Give them their fun
    So they can laugh
    Give them their sport
    Give them their love
    Give them their sex
    Give them their children
    Give them their plants
    So they can breathe
    Give them their money
    So they can feel worthy
    Give them their weekends
    So they don’t feel too cheated
    But whatever you do
    Don’t give them religion
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:31 pm

The Hated Atheist

The Muslims hate
    The Jews hate
    The Christians are hating
    And killing less
    These days
    Even the Buddhists
    And the Hindus hate
    That's a lot of hate
    For a simple atheist
    A non-believer
    To bear
    As they walk
    Innocently down the street
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:44 pm

It can be argued that atheism through communism, social darwinism, and the like has killed more people than any religion.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:47 pm

I get that there are different breeds of atheist, but I'm talking about where it leads to in general.

And it is a belief system. Look how they cling to Big Boing dogma, Stephen Hawking coming out and declaring twice now "There is no God!" and basing it entirely on Big Boing nonsense.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:03 pm

I am not an atheist, by the way.

I am a spiritualist.

I meditate, but I would never succumb to the rules of Buddhism, or Hinduism.

I do my own thing, have my own relationship with the Universe, or God, whichever way you wish to describe it.

I am an antidisestablishmentarianist

Would never join an organized religion, cause if you have ever been to say a Pentacostal church meeting, you would know why.

Not all cunts who are connected to churches are creepy cunts, but most of them are.

I have met some cool priests, but for many of those, they had tried every profession under the sun, and then had a "vision".

I knew it was my calling to represent God, I mean I get a free house and a salary, and people respect me again.

If only they had given teaching in China a go.

clown
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:17 pm

As long as you live your life according to the rules of karma, then you will be fine.

The way I see it, karma, is somehow linked to us, our conscience, and the Universe.

In that respect the Christians have it wrong, as they believe repentance to an external person, will solve it.

That is shit, we know when we have fucked up, we should deal with it internally, and then live our lives in a more positive karmic way, after our fall.

The Buddhists, the Hindus, Australian aboriginals have it the closest.

Maybe the shamans, that Jim Morrison was always crapping on about.
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:48 pm

In-born karma is almost no different than original sin.  They both have you being born *guilty*

I don't know how much I believe it any more.  I mean, I believe it exists perhaps, I just have no fatih in any aspect of it other than that the system of karma of itself is severely corrupted.

I remember a long time ago I had this coworker who's daughter had a degenerative disease... and would die before she reached 18.

He was working two jobs to pay the medical bills and support his other kid too.  On top that, knowing she would die within the next few years, they did everything they could to make every day as special and wonderful for her as possible.

And I was at work talking about karma with him.  He got sort of pissed off at me, and I don't blame him for it.

She didn't *anything* to deserve her fate.  She was a sweetheart.  Thus, it would have to be chalked to past-life karma, which can also go fuck itself AFAIC.

I only hold ONE belief, and it is very Buddhist.  I believe in Samsara, The World of Lies... or as Pi calls it, The Matrix.  This I believe in fully, because I am constantly drowning in it.  I just can't overcome it, no matter what I do.

I think my GF and I are splitting.  Not because she doesn't love me or because I don't love her, but because her situation is as impossible to solve as mine.

I don't deserve my fate either, everything constantly falling apart on me, my life crumbling around me every day,  decade after decade.  I may be incredibly mouthy, but I'm a nice person who doesn't seek to harm others.  The mouthiness is just comedy, that's all it is.

Yeah, I'm sorry.  Not to disrespect your beliefs, but in mine: Karma can go straight to Hell, and so can whoever came up with it in the first place.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:51 pm

The day before I won that 17.5 k I donated a surfboard to charity.
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:02 pm

Psioncy wrote:In-born karma is almost no different than original sin.  They both have you being born *guilty*

I don't know how much I believe it any more.  I mean, I believe it exists perhaps, I just have no fatih in any aspect of it other than that the system of karma of itself is severely corrupted.

I remember a long time ago I had this coworker who's daughter had a degenerative disease... and would die before she reached 18.

He was working two jobs to pay the medical bills and support his other kid too.  On top that, knowing she would die within the next few years, they did everything they could to make every day as special and wonderful for her as possible.

And I was at work talking about karma with him.  He got sort of pissed off at me, and I don't blame him for it.

She didn't *anything* to deserve her fate.  She was a sweetheart.  Thus, it would have to be chalked to past-life karma, which can also go fuck itself AFAIC.

I only hold ONE belief, and it is very Buddhist.  I believe in Samsara, The World of Lies... or as Pi calls it, The Matrix.  This I believe in fully, because I am constantly drowning in it.  I just can't overcome it, no matter what I do.

I think my GF and I are splitting.  Not because she doesn't love me or because I don't love her, but because her situation is as impossible to solve as mine.

I don't deserve my fate either, everything constantly falling apart on me, my life crumbling around me every day,  decade after decade.  I may be incredibly mouthy, but I'm a nice person who doesn't seek to harm others.  The mouthiness is just comedy, that's all it is.

Yeah, I'm sorry.  Not to disrespect your beliefs, but in mine: Karma can go straight to Hell, and so can whoever came up with it in the first place.

That's reality.

If a hedgehog crosses the road chances are he's gonna get squashed.

Karma is a little more subtle, and will eventually stop the hedgehog crossing the road, making that decision, or perhaps even stop it getting squashed.
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:03 pm

I don't deserve my fate ...

Anyone reading this forum for the last few years would probably disagree.

Razz
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:12 pm

Yeah, but that's just my mouth running. I really feel like there's a difference.

Sure, I boned a lot of chicks after Little Miss Greencard flew the coup. All those chicks wanted to do it, so how is that bad?

I didn't even lie to any of them.

So I just kinda have to wonder which misdeeds I'm constantly paying for with this karmic baloney. Rolling Eyes

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:18 pm

About the racism.... well that came later. But in real life I'm constantly awash in diversity. Last night I was hanging out with Africans all evening, joking around.

Same thing when I was in Florida, I hang around black people all the time, and they usually find me extremely entertaining as well. And yeah, I'll say all the same shit even. They generally don't care when it comes out of *my* mouth, they think it's funny. The only people who seem to have a problem with me being "racist" are other whites. Rolling Eyes

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:48 am

this is genius .... because I didn't write it..

There are those who think that
    life has nothing left to chance
    A host of holy horrors to direct
    our aimless dance

A planet of playthings
    We dance on the strings
    Of powers we cannot perceive
    The stars aren't aligned...
    Or the Gods are malign
    Blame is better to give than receive

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:40 pm