The Redawnening

Dearest Valium

The Angel of God

Re: Dearest Valium

Post  The Angel of God on Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:34 am

Oh for sure he drinks. He openly posts about it frequently, or posts when he is doing so.

Everyone says "don't post on the net when you're drunk," but I think that's dumb advice. Posting on the net drunk is great, because you're just floating all your drunken bullshit out in the e-ther, not the real world. You know, the real world, waking up beside canals like Eggraid. You can't imagine some of the places I've woken up, just no f-ing clue where I am or what I got up to. It sucks.

Much better to sit a the PC and post trash talk on an obscure forum, then pass out safely in your own bed.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:48 am

You need outlets to get some of the aggression out.

Trash talk online with people you're fairly confident won't try to hunt you down in real life is not bad.

I think there's still a few guys on other forums I've trash-talked that are trying to hunt me down. The system is not perfect. But if you trash-talk a guy in a bar, you get belted on the spot.

Eggraid needs a shrink. And possibly an aggressive alter-ego on here. Like he should call himself The Undertaker.

Rob Black is good to go. He shares the same name as a serial killer, so he's got that crazed i-could-kill-your-whole-fucking-family aura about him.

The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:06 am

RB seems to have mellowed out with the online stuff a lot to me.  He hasn't violated the mod policy with any severity since he's been back.  People who take online stuff into RL have some mental illness, I'm convinced.  It's an exchange of ideas, flames, insults, whatever.  It's just entertainment.  Without the forum you probably wouldn't even be communicating with each other at all.

I don't tend to get obsessed with other people.  I mean, maybe drunk in the short-term I'll go on about your Canadianness or whatever, but I'm not obsessed with anyone one the boards.  Once on usenet I had a stalker who started to really get to me.  

UFC is a different matter.  If what's being reported is true, that he beat up ATD in real life, that's some alarming stuff right there.  I know he was supposed to meet Wawa at the Goose and Duck at one time too, but it never panned out.  Well, the board is open so he is welcome to come on here and clarify himself.  I got into a similar situation with Johny Laowai on TBJ, and I showed... but he didn't it.

It retrospect though, it's all really dumb, letting online stuff get to you that much.  That's all energy that could be put to much better use.  I've been addicted to forum flaming and trolling since the internet first went mainstream... and I was even messing around with it on direct dial boards and Uni ARPANETs before 1994.  From 95 to 98 it just exploded.  Trolling isn't as much fun now.

There are different kinds of trolls.  Many are just nasty shit stirrers.  I was what's known as a "Loki Troll," meaning I was just in it for the humor. It's hard to effectively troll anywhere now though, everyone's too savvy and it's difficult to get strong reactions out of people, no matter what's been said.
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:15 am

Yeah, I remember you talking about getting stalked on some conspiracy boards last year or before.

Stop posting is always an option, but that's also like surrendering, and then you have to live with that.

Can I ask what conspiracy boards these are? I've probably checked them out before.

I mostly read science boards when I'm not on this one. They can get surprisingly nasty, but it's this nitpicky nasitness with a LOT of point repetition, which drives me bananas. Debates are fine, but when people are just repeating the same shit over and over again ad nauseum I stop reading.
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:21 am

Then they throw these math formulas at me which I can't make heads or tails of and declare themselves victorious.  I have to remind that I'm not a mathematician, and that the math is merely the tool of physics, not the other way around.

I know senior engineers who have the same problem.  The modern crop of engineers want to rely on complex math formulas for everything, but the senior engineers (who developed those formulas) are constantly having to remind them that reality does accord itself to math and they can't rely on it.  Math is just a tool in the toolbox of physics.

Tesla even sagely said this:  

Which sums BB up to a T.  Rolling Eyes

And you know this is the guy who invented the electric motor, among other things like radar, lasers, transistors, the radio, particle beams.... and on and on and on.  He's the one who gave us the modern world.  And it's not like Tesla wasn't fully fluent in highly advanced mathematics.
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:59 pm

Sciency is OK.

He knows me.

Well, third day on the whiskey, I think.

I won about 1000 then lost it all.

Annoying.

Still up though.

Gotta try and work the system better.

The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:40 pm

If you can make consistent profit, how about just gamble when your are sober.

Drinking, obviously, you are going to take stupid risks.

Daddy Longstroke

Post  Daddy Longstroke on Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:06 pm

Some people make a living out of professional gambling. You should give it a go. Work when the fuck it suits you, sounds awesome to me if you can consistently stay up and turn profits.
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:31 pm

ok
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:58 pm

Cracked.com had an article some time ago about a dude who played blackjack for a living. The way he described his method was a lot different than RBs. His was quite laborious, hours and hours at the tables making small gains, but still his system worked. To him, though, it was labor, like having a regular job.

Me? I know I'd lose. The only gambling game I'm any good at is poker, usually will win at that. Not on poker machines, but in groups I often come out on top. That's five card draw. This texas hold em or whatever it's called I suck at.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:40 pm

but cracked is not a serious site, is it?

getting back to drugs. i just read that in silicon valley there's a trend of people doing micro-doses of LSD. not enough to have a full-blown high (hallucinations, etc...), but enough that it boosts their productivity and/or creative imaginations or something.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:45 am