The Redawnening

Minicast Two: Nearly Unfucked???

The Angel of God

Minicast Two: Nearly Unfucked???

Post  The Angel of God on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:58 pm

RobertBlack

Re: Minicast Two: Nearly Unfucked???

Post  RobertBlack on Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:28 pm

Congratulations! You fell on your feet. I told you you would.

How the fuck do you teach online?

I have never done it.
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:19 pm

Dude, it is the easiest thing ever and there are fuckloads of online schools begging for teachers on eslcafe.com.

I thought they would reject me because of my sucky internet.  I have a data SIM in my smartphone tethered to my workstation.  500kbps download, 380 upload.  It's the only way to get unlimited SIM service here.  Otherwise they give you high speeds for a certain number of gigs and then throttle you down to 256k.  I was paying 300 baht a day for high speed service and still getting throttled.

This is unlimitted and consistent and only costs $5 a week.  So I thought the company would reject me for my slow speeds, but nope, they need teachers so badly.  Like I didn't schedule classes until 6 pm today, and I had to shut down the messenger cuz the manager was QQing me every five minutes asking me to take more slots.  I'm teaching like 8 fkn hours tomorrow!  I could have today to but I needed a break FFS.

What you need:

1.  An internet connection that doesn't completely suck.  (mine is pretty sucky but still good enough)
    2.  A decent webcamera
    3.  A headset.  Though I am not using a headset.  I just have my microphone hanging (from coathangers and shit) and they are happy with it.  I do use earbuds, but I only keep one in cuz sometimes there is lag.  (Also why you can't use speakers)\
    Noise canceling is important too for the headset.  My mike is already noise cancelling.  Notice how you don't hear environmental stuff during my podcasts?  Then there's also settings and such you need to play around with an learn, like the Audacity shit, which I still only barely know myself.
    4.  They like it if you have a small whiteboard and props like toys.  I bought a stuffed giraffe and wolf and called it good.

The lessons are all preplanned slides you follow.  Just smile and act happy and follow the steps.

Cha-ching $8 in 25 minutes.  Then another class.... then another....

In fact the company I am going to work for full time teaches entirely remotely too.   I am being given a professional studio of my own.  (Can't do my private work there though, so SK podcasts will still sound like amateuer hour... though I'm getting better at this stuff already and am set to learn a lot, lot more in the coming weeks.)

Teaching kids in rural and wartorn regions.  All without ever having to have their snot covered little hands touch me.

This shit I do from hotel room pays even better (though fraught with cancelations and last minute requests to teach.)  It doesn't matter anyway, cuz my full time is with real public schools while all the demand for the part-time is on evenings and weekends.  Thus, between the two, there is no limit to the number of classes I available for me to teach.

There is no end to this gravy-train.... and it's just getting started.

The teaching itself is dumb, real dumb, like I have all these qualifications and they are being put to no use whatsoever.  You just follow a slideshow and ask the student questions.  It's so fkn easy a monkey could do it.
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:45 pm

BTW:  With both of my jobs -NO FKN GRADING.

That jungleburb school wanted me to teach 25 classes a week and grade monkey English for another 15, with no breaks at all.

These jobs are all DOWNTIME between classes, to F around on the net or do whatever you want.  And with the online one, you can set the time frames.  My full time I'm stuck there in the studio all day, but I can SK, watch cartoons, write, whatevs in all that downtime.
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:58 pm

How about the bank account and payment? Is it easy from any country, and also how often you get paid?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:48 am