Laid Bare!

I might stick a forklift up somebody's ass

The Great Splendini

I might stick a forklift up somebody's ass

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:22 am

I applied for a warehouse job.

Man, those fucking forklifts are hard to drive.

I can picture myself sticking a forklift up somebody's ass.

But way better than teaching Chingrrrrrish in Chinarrrrrr

RobertBlack

Re: I might stick a forklift up somebody's ass

Post  RobertBlack on Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:40 am

You will need a forklift loicence to do that.

It's one of the things I want to do.

The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:32 am

I've driven them, frequently on the docks and also operated Bobcats, all kinds of equipment.  Never needed a license.

Not that the docks I worked at were so concerned about legality.  Some people have the knack for running machinery.  It's not bad work... til there's an accident.  I've dumped a heavy palette on a bumpy incline and once drove it through a wall  (again there was a steep incline and I'd been working over 30 hours straight.)  Shit happens sometimes.

If all your surfaces are level and the palettes are properly stacked and balanced you'll rarely have an accident.  I was operating up and down hills and over bumpy docks and into tiny buildings and crazy terrain like that.  I used to see my boss falling asleep as he was operating the thing.  Guy was a stoner.  Plus we were all seriously overworked there.  Seafood processing.  That's some hard and dangerous work.  They'd even having driving the big semis up and down the coast with no license for that either.

Unloading the boats from the dock winch was probably the most dangerous part of that job.  You standing on the edge of a dock with a fishing vessel parked at a lower floating dock.  At low tide that can be quite a drop.  The eddge of the dock is all oily and wet and so are you, and you're winching up 200 lb totes of fish stacked in three.... and half the totes are broken and shit, so like it would be really easy to take a fall.  Then there was constant dock repair, ice house machine maintence, fueling vessels and trucks, dealing with flash freezers, and setting up all the chemical and packaging for the processing, managing the processing... fkn crazy hard job.  Accidents were not uncommon, and everyone was baked.  We smoked weed constantly at that place.  Then I got into fishing....  which involves even more weed.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:32 am

i thought you said you didn't like smoking weed.

i don't think i could do this kind of work.

The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:12 pm

I don't smoke weed.... anymore.

Fishing you *have* to smoke weed.  The job would be impossible without it.  Razz

Sometimes I'd just lay on the bow for eight hours straight to get to the fishing grounds or back.

How is someone supposed do to that without weed?

Sometimes catch a great white shark and have to kill it on deck.  Weed is extremely necessary for that, because with a rational mind you wouldn't go near that thing.  Razz

Everyone I know who fishes smokes weed.  All of them.  I've been on a vessel with four guys in the wheelhouse and had to remind them that they were heading into an island reef... because they were so stoned.  You wouldn't believe the shit that happens fishing.

Like Puerto Rican vessels coming through and driving through the locals' longnets, ripping them to shit and stealing their fish.  We surrounded their trawler, and they came out with AK47s.   Coast Guard?  They did not give a shit.
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:17 pm

We'd frequently get whales approaching our vessel.  They are extremely curious creatures.

The protocol is shut down all operations and just let the whale do his thing.

He just keeps surfacing beside the vessel, looking at us with his gigantic eye, sometimes for over an hour.  Trippy as hell.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:41 am

yep, whales must be cool.

never did fishing, but i hope to.

for fun, not for work.

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:28 am