The Redawnening

why is everything in china falling apart?

The Great Splendini

why is everything in china falling apart?

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:56 am

RobertBlack

Re: why is everything in china falling apart?

Post  RobertBlack on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:05 am

Oh God those wankers on the bikes.

Someone has to bitchslap them...

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:07 am

you've seen them before?

where is he from? UK?

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:09 am

I dunno, yeah, I saw them before.

There's a guy from South Africa, does the same thing, he thinks he is some kind of movie star...

He's just some dumb fuck who thinks it's like the most exciting thing ever to live in China.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:16 am

May have been cool twenty years ago.

I find all the younger/newer expats do is bitch and moan about China, either directly, or subtely, like in a "deep" way, lol.

When I was there, after 5 years at least, I didn't complain that much, as my life was too good, and there was always an abundance of pussy, cheap alcohol, good food, and easy work.

So why compain?

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:21 am

if you live there permanently, you get exposed to serious corruption.

like badly built houses that collapse.

govt officials ordering demolitions of your house, etc...

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:24 am

Yeah, I saw that first hand in the north of Beijing.

They built all these new apartment blocks, long, and two stories, we were going to move into one.

Then one day the police came and bull dozed the whole fucking lot.

Then they cut the power off to the whole area, so our building had to use a generator.

Was quite amazing.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:35 am

well there you go.

in this video, he mentions that they build these houses as cheaply and quickly as possible to maximize profit.

it's not "whining". it's a fair complaint.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:58 am

I will probably watch this later on.

Well .... it's true, isn't it? You have to renew paper work year after year.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:05 am

some of the comments on these youtube vids are funny:

Who the heck want to be Chinese? Dishonest, greedy, selfish... I mean you guys do know the Ferengi in Star Trek is based off the Chinese?

Go youtube Chinese people peeing and pooping in public elevators, subways, etc... Yeah,... who wants to be Chinese? lol!

here's one sciency might like:

I guess the Chinese didn't get the memo that diversity is a strength. Sweden should send a few million military age Arab men to culturally enrich them :^)

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:38 am

Anyway, sorry.

the video just popped up on my Youtube page when I logged on.

Not sure why.

If all they're doing is making video after video attacking everything about China, then yeah they need to be bitch-slapped.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:35 am

That is the South African guy.

He gained notoriety when he did one about dating Chinese girls and a Chinese media website picked up on it:

The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:39 pm

Yeah, I could take only about half a video of their delusional douchiness.  Rural China is depressing and not particularly interesting in anyway other than how much it completely sucks.

I don't get it.  Doesn't the government have Eminent Domain laws?  In the US they do.  If your house is standing in they way of a public works project like a road highway or a dam, you *will* be relocating.

Well, sometimes it causes problems too in the US too though.

Like in one of the area I'm from we have lots of tourists bicycling around in tourist season.  The only problem is that the roads are narrow and the cars drive wicked fast, leading to all kinds of accidents and fatalities.  There was talk of expanding the roads with bikes lanes, but because it would encroach into people's dumb-ass huge front lawns they couldn't do it, and bicyclists continue getting mowed down.

It's not like these houses are flush against the road either, they're set way far back.  I know for me, I would just give up a meter of stupid lawn space for free to accommodate something like this, but most people are f-ing dicks.

In my hometown I used to be able to get to different locations by trail.  Those former woods near the shore now are taken up summer homes, and you can't get anywhere without crossing over someone's private property.  There's also these rich assholes with homes next to beaches that put up no trespassing signs on them.  The only problem is that it's completely illegal, because one's private property cannot extend past the high tide mark(or even some distance from it.)  Thus there is no such thing a "private beach."  There's one rich asshole who is completely obsessed with this, yelling at people to get off "his" beach every day all summer long.  Having to yell at people every day in a futile effort to stop people from walking or sitting on on "your" beach sorta defeats the whole purpose of "owning" a beach in the first place.

He even spent a massive amount of money fencing off the beach with pilings that extended hundreds of meters into the water  on either side of it.  

Then he had to spend even more, when the town told him it wasn't his property to build on, it was the f-ing shore, and he had to take it down.

At least it makes the rich dickhead miserable.  With any luck it'll lead him into a heart attack.  lol!

The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:02 pm

It's mostly all rocky shoreline and beaches are pretty rare.  My hometown has one really great, large sandy beach, which is public.  When I was 15 I worked for the town in the summer, raking up the seaweeds that ebbs in with every tide and pitchforking into cart and tractoring it off to a dumping ground.   It's hard work because the seaweed gets deposited with every tide.  We'd also rake the beach with a tractor attachement, stir up the sand and keep it clean and white and beautiful for everyone to enjoy.

Anyway, a few years back some local environmentalists got a rule passed that the seaweed could not be removed from the beach because it "disrupted the ecology" of the beach, which is BS.  Maine has more coastline than the rest of the east of the US combined, every state from New Hampshire to the tip of Florida, on account of craggily our shoreline is.  I's 99% rocky shore and all of it completely covered in f-ing seaweed.  There is absolutely nothing harmful about keeping one beach cleaned up that hundreds of people enjoy daily.

But nope, they did it anyway.  When you leave the seaweed to build up the beach it dries out and become infested with tiny "sandflees" that bite the hell out of everyone, and it makes the whole beach stink to shit as it rots.  Really great way to drive away tourists, assholes, and denying little kids their place to frolic in the summer.

Common sense finally prevailed and they started cleaning it again.  Soooo fkn stupid.

The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:42 pm

In China they charge management fees in the apartment and office buildings, funds which supposedly go into security and maintenance. 

But of course they don't use it to maintain squat.  It's just going into people's pockets.  That's why 20 year old buildings look dilapidated.  

There's also some housing communities where the security guards extort you for extra money for "security" (from them.)

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:21 pm

Yeah, in New Zealand, it is called the Queen's mile or some shit, totally public.

I had an argument with a Maori activist once about that. He grabbed my surfboard and shit. He was nuts, and well known, so in the end I just jumped into the sea and paddled to the point.

In England there is a thing called walker's rights, basically you can walk everywhere, into people's gardens and they can't do shit, paper roads and so on.

We were looking for magic mushrooms once with this traveller guy, and the farmer came roaring up in his car, and the traveller guy told him to fuck off, and he did. In New Zealand could possibly be shot like that, or get dogs on you.

That Saffa guy, looks exactly like a Saffa guy I used to hang out with. Must be fucking inbred over there.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:23 pm

On the piss today!

cheers sunny

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:40 pm

Yeah, it hits quickly.

She swore she would NEVER go into a home, I told her she probably would need to, then one day she said, I'm going into a home, she seems ok, rang her the other day.

With her it was mostly pain in walking, and not feeling well, but her short term memory is really going to.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:47 pm

In my current free hotel, there is one rule, can stay as long as I don't drink.

In fact that is the rule in all of them, LOL.

But she is away for 6 days...

The only bummer is she Skypes me, regularly, and checks my eyes and face.

And I don't want to blow six weeks of free shit, cause it's a pretty nice pad.

It's a complicated world.

Mad

The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:58 pm

In Maine you can generally pass over people's wooded lands unless they've got signs to the contrary posted.  Some've got signs like "fishing only, no hunting."  But for the most part, it's fine even to hunt on a large tract.  Can't cut across people's yards though, and what they did in this particular area is build side-by-side cabins with yards along the shore, intentionally with no access points.  Adding 1/4 mile to my trek on what used to be a shortcut to the beach.  Pisses me off.  

And these rich fuckers from New York and Boston building their McMansions on the coast, raises property taxes for the locals, so high some of them get taxed right out of their houses.  And, again, they think they own the shoreline, which they don't.  They'll start yelling at me as I'm walking the shore, threatening to call the cops.  I'll tell 'em to go right the fuck ahead.  The police will do nothing whatsoever, because I am not on your property, asshole. You'd think they'd know this by now, but they still pretend like they own the shoreline.  Rich, arrogant pricks.   Mad

The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:10 pm

Cow pastures are good for finding shrooms, which love to grow in cow manure.  Gotta go at dawn (or night) cuz they retract in the Sun.  Those shrooms are not particularly strong though.  Need to eat like 10 to 20 to get the effect.

The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Gardens should be off-limits, I feel, cuz people will stroll through stealing your produce.  Some perimeter around the house should be maintained as "private" and anything into the treeline "passable."  (Not allowed to camp right at the treeline of someone's yard and party or anything like that.)

For big tracts, it should be anything goes.  Unless you've got shitheel teenagers out there partying and leaving a mess behind.  No littering, or face legal consequences. No hunting signs are reasonable too, if you feel that way.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:29 pm

That year they just didn't show.

He was very disappointed and so were we.

He used to have them in cordial.

But we went to Bali shortly after, and my then gf bought me some from this rasta guy on the beach for my birthday. They were pretty cool. A lot of laughing.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:07 pm

I got my weasel's piss!!

Jesus Christ, it's winter here and the ice cost 1/3 of the scotch.

I mean you could chip it off the frozen puddles...

The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:25 pm

Make your own or forgo it.  I'm living with no air conditioning or refrigeration, room temp (hot) everything.  There's a bar in the lobby and store nearby, but I gotta consume the cold drink within half an hour of buying, or it ain't cold no more.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:41 pm