Laid Bare!

Shitty Sneaky Asian BS

The Angel of God

Shitty Sneaky Asian BS

Post  The Angel of God on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:14 pm

I've got to watch my wallet like a hawk here.  Beijing I only had money stolen once, in 2003.  That's it.

I rarely got short-changed, in fact I got overchanged more often than not.

Here, something costs say, 46, and you hand them 100 and they give you back 46 and shit like that.  I remember the first time it happened twice in one day.

But I always figured 7-11 wasn't pulling that shit.  It's a huge megacorp and they scan everything.

Earlier I bought 240 baht worth of stuff and paid with a 1000 baht note. My change was 667.  I didn't realize the discrepancy til I got home, and I had no receipt because they didn't give me one like they are f-ing supposed to.  Then on the way out to the store again this evening, the hotel reception stops me and tells me I haven't paid my bill and it's due from the 13th.  I argue with them that I'm paid til the 23rd and they argue back, being dicks.  So I go back to room and get the receipt of payment that they f-ing signed and show it to them.  They are extremely annoyed but are forced to agreed that I'm not only not behind but paid ahead.  Then I go to the same 7-11 and they overcharge 45 baht, double scanning a small deodorant roller.  They try to tell me there's no error so I pull all the items out of the bag onto the counter.  They take the receipt and don't want to give it back to me.  One of the dudes go over the shelf and gets another deodorant bottle and puts it on the counter, then tries to tell me that everything is correct.  The only problem is that some of other farang are in the line and see him do it.  So I told him, "No.  You actually walked to the shelf, grabbed another one and put it here.  We all saw this."

The staff is annoyed with me.  Rolling Eyes  The other customers are asking if this happens frequently, and told them "yeah, earlier today they pulled the same shit."  Not coincidence or accident... as evidenced by the m'fkr bringing over another item and trying to surreptitiously plop it on the counter in plain sight of everyone observing the exchange.

They try cheat you and then act indignant when you call them on it, even politely (yet sternly) as I do.  Shameless little children out to cheat foreigners, even at 7-11.  Deplorable.

I have to walk two blocks to get a taxi cuz every single one in this area will scam you.  Ridiculous.  At least in Beijing I didn't get cheated by vendors and taxi drivers.  Well, I got passed fake bills a few times but that's it.  Here it seems to be the national pastime. Rolling Eyes

Re: Shitty Sneaky Asian BS

Post  RobertBlack on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:53 pm

try to get a couple of regulars and make friends with them.

Maybe then they will be cool
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:12 am

Yeah, sure, it has a lot to with being in a tourist area, I realize that.

I don't know how to meet a local, cuz here is not the place to do it. You're about 100% likely to meet a swindler, male or female.

My bud's wife wants to set me up with a girl, but I got this other GF now.... I think. Also they want me to travel across the city and go to bars and stuff, and I already know that will lead me getting too drunk to get anywhere with a decent girl plus I'll out a bunch of money I can't afford to lose. Or dead in a ditch, which hasn't happened yet, but I've certainly been half dead one, so my foots already in the door. At least I drink close to home I can usually get back, or passout somewhere I recognize and find my way back when I awake.

Post  The Angel of God on Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:16 am

The tourist areas also have some big advantages, in that you can get shit done in English and buy decent western food once in a while.  It's like China in that sense.  You can go to Chinese bars and cafes, and they may even be nicely decorated with decent food and drink but the vibe sucks.

Having other foreigners around is kinda nice.  If go for a walk right now I'll probably see at least as many foreigners as Thai, if not more.  It's an international scene, which I kinda prefer to the local one.  More stimulating.

There's actually a better neighborhood near here, like Khaoson but much nicer. I'm sorta between both. I'd move over that way but I don't want to change hotels cuz this room works well as a studio for my job.

Post  RobertBlack on Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:44 am

You should make sure you get receipts for evrything, including bars, and check them

Imagoine how much they riop you off when you gpo to the shops fucked off your head

You are probably a local legend as an easy 500 baht a night

Razz
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:45 am

That was one thing about China, I rarely got fucked over like that
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:13 am

Yeah, drinking you have to be extra careful.  I just carry hundreds, no thousands.  Cuz they could short change me and they'd just be like this guy's had six drinks so his word is unreliable.  In China they fuck you in bigger ways like leases, visas, and employment.

I've stayed in two tourist regions and two "regular" areas.  The other areas the vendors would try to short change me sometimes, but here it's f-ing 7-11?  The whole place is a giant mafia.  

Your right, I shouldn't paint the whole populace with a broad brush because the truth is I can walk two blocks from here and get a taxi who agrees to use the meter is totally honest about the job, same with other places.  The first hotel I stayed at was great.  The owner was very concerned about all the guests security and there was little chance of getting pick-pocketed or anything else in the neighborhood, even sloshed.  

Then I moved to whoreland and then to here and it's all a huge rip-off.  They sell nitrous balloons on Khao san that are nothing but air.  When I complain they tell me I have to keep blowing in and out to get the effect.  So I do that, and feel the effects of hyperventilation because the fucking thing is just filled with air.  I know what a nitrous hit feels like.  Yet, people keep buying balloons from these assholes night after night huffing on air like it's going out of style, so it never ends. The whole "experience" of being here is pre-packaged for most tourists.  Get your hair braided, henna tattoo, stupid Thai hat and wristband, drink overpriced water in buckets, and huff balloons full of air.  So fkn dumb.  Like I said, the neighboring neighborhood is much nicer.  I'm only gonna drink there from now on. I'm sick of whores, ladyboys, rastafarian wannabes, and drunk trust fund babies huffing air.

Post  The Angel of God on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:15 am

Not only that there's a gorgeous riverfront not far from here.  How the F did this become the go-to area for partying?  Why not the riverfront?  Khaosan is just a wide shitty street full of garbage and rip-off bars.  If you go into the Khaosan McDonalds you can't find a seat or table that isn't covered in grease and garbage.  Then you've got all these whore and sleazeballs eyeing you, and, yeah, they know I come out too drunk and are just waiting to pounce on my money.  If five girls come and start grabbing at you and offering you sex, shove your hands into your pockets immediately rahter that try to push them off, because you don't at least one of their will be in yours.  The turtle defense is the only strategy that works in that situation.

Last edited by The Angel of God on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Post  RobertBlack on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:16 am

It's Thailand

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:20 am

Believe me, it is far better than a frozen cuntland, full of cunts, I am working on a poem called Cunts

This is what I have so far:

Weirdly bland?
    Or blandly weird?
    Car sick fields
    Mountains and lakes filled
    With headaches
    Ice inside
    That will never melt

It's a work in progress

But hey free everything plus regular prezzies, no writer can toss that aside, I am making money and creating, the only thing missing is the surfing, but they have that here too, I just have been too shy to give it a go, but watch this space...

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:24 am

But actually I have seen a few hot chick surfers there, so maybe...

Cunts, of course, but no one's perfect

silent
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:24 am

From some of the people I talked to, it's gotten worse in recent years.  Like there used to be real nitrous in the balloons and that kind of thing.  Local connections could be made, etc.

It's a fkn retard festival now.  And all the street food sucks ass.  Everything's been price hiked and corner cut to maximize profits.  People are still drinking at the bars, but the vendors ain't do much business at all.  Nobody wants their stupid overpriced bullshit, even dumb tourists with money to burn.

Alcohol still remains a big seller of course, even watered down and inflated.  Drinks are f-ing expensive.  Like the bar in my hotel will sell me a three shot drink of Thai whiskey for 150, and I'm like WTF dude, I can go walk around the corner and buy the small bottle of it for less than that.  Which is exactly what I do.

Post  RobertBlack on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:29 am

I never done it but my mate did it at university.

It sounded good, like he was flying, and then it wears off quickly.

When it comes to drugs, I am like the, yeah, why not guy.

P was the only drug that let me down, as it just hits you like a truck, and keeps you awake, but that's pretty much it.

But then again, I suppose on a drinking binge that would be pretty cool

The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:29 am

SLT in its heyday you could get gin and tonics for 5 kuai.  Qingdao for 5-10... in an actual bar with cool shit going on.  Here the parties in the bars are pretty cliqued off without a lot of interaction.  No single ladies sitting alone waiting for a ONS (who aren't whores) or girls getting wild on the dancefloor or anything fun like that.  

Probably fake booze in those 10 kuai Beijing cocktails, but hey fuck it, if it doesn't make you blind what dif does it make?  Ethanol is ethanol.

Post  The Angel of God on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:32 am

What is P?

I went a couple Grateful Dead shows and camped outside.  You could nitrous balloons.  It's quite the rush.

Also my moms was always made when she bought the whip cream, cuz it wouldn't last a day without me sucking the nitrous out the top.  Twisted Evil  You really get a good kick from that.

Post  RobertBlack on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:32 am

China night life rocked

I arrived in Beijing in 2001/2002 the heyday

Now the fuckers are way too nationalistic

It happened after 2008 and the Olympics
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:34 am

The Angel of God wrote:What is P?

I went a couple Grateful Dead shows and camped outside.  You could nitrous balloons.  It's quite the rush.

Also my moms was always made when she bought the whip cream, cuz it wouldn't last a day without me sucking the nitrous out the top.  Twisted Evil  You really get a good kick from that.

strong methamphetamine NZ style
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:35 am

I cannot believe the one drug I should have done and always wanted to do was acid and have never done

But I had some trippy shit on mushrooms, and legal high marijuana like 100 times stronger than the actual stuff, holy shit, was that a trip!

tongue
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:37 am

LEGAL HIGH

It was a nice warm
    Sunny afternoon
    In Worthing
    I was drunk
    Looking for weed
    I soon ran into Andy
    We were pleased to meet
    We met some of his friends
    A tough guy and a pretty girl
    There was some talk
    About the strength
    Of legal high weed
    We sat at the usual place
    A bench just around the corner
    We smoked a spliff
    I was drunk on beer
    With more cans
    In my small backpack
    Which I shared
    Talking to Andy
    Telling him how the children in the park
    Drove me almost insane
    Always screaming
    The pretty girl kept bursting into laughter
    For some reason
    I thought she was laughing
    At me and my stories
    She kept bursting into giggles
    But she explained
    That she had not been so stoned
    For quite a while
    So I felt relieved
    And went on with my stories
    Eventually they left
    I felt so great
    There was no way
    I was going home
    So I bought a litre of scotch
    Took a few slugs
    On the walk home
    In the darkness
    Something happened to me
    All the people were dead
    Had died
    Of Ebola
    And I laughed
    That I could take any car I wanted
    I kicked a few of them
    Telling them they weren’t good enough
    For me to steal
    And then I saw a light
    It was the ancient meeting place
    Where the surviving pagans would meet
    And dance
    Like Stonehenge
    I felt so warm inside
    To know there were other survivors
    Of the deadly plague
    I had to go there
    But when I arrived
    It was just the statue of Mary
    Holding Jesus
    In the park
    Next to the public toilets
    I knew that statue well
    I stared at the statue
    And Mary became
    A large well defined vagina
    Then I knew I had the answer
    Of it all
    I sat down on a nearby park bench
    And considered the Universe
    I was disturbed by some stranger
    Telling me that I had wasted
    All my scotch
    And yes there it was
    An empty sad tipped over
    Bottle of scotch
    And I thought
    It’s time to go home
    It took me weeks to realise
    What had happened
    When I Googled
    Legal high weed
    But to be honest
    I loved the hallucinations
    Made a change
    From the booze

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:39 am

That was 100 % true

I think it was cool because I had little warning

but man I recall everything, until I knocked over my scotch

I actually loved it
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:40 am

Yeah, I was there for the Pure Girls busts in 2008... and also a bar I frequented.  Prior to that people just smoked hash openly.  There was still fun to be had for a while after 2008, but it got more and more disneyfied.  There used a down-to-earth feel, but they kept changing shit around, more undercover cops, and more general disunity.  More posers filling up the places rather than interesting people you could really interact with.  Yeah I'd say 2002-2008 was the heyday.  I started up around 2006, going regularly and then moving there later that year.  It was really something else, man.  OMG the women, and their attitudes.  And it seemed like western, african, chinese.... they all interacted more.  Then it all seperated and got weird.  The Den closed last year.  I have a lot of fond memories of getting drunk with rowdy Mongolian prostitutes there at 3 AM.  Those bitches can fight!

I'd say it was still pretty fun until 2012.  Adventures to be had at least.  It just slowly got more posery and weird.  People dressing up and doing poser fashion.  I like down and dirty partying in some shithole dive with bare walls and cheap drinks, not all this gentrified bullshit.  Totally ruins the vibe.

Post  The Angel of God on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:46 am

You'll get a better trip off potent mushrooms than you will off acid.  LSD makes you trip for a hella long time and hard, but it's got this weird feeling too it, like your brain is frying.  And lasts a day or two after you come down too.  I much prefer tripping on shrooms, probably is getting them strong enough.  You can trip on superpotent weed too.  

I've talked to a spider for an hour on LSD.  I've seen demons rise up of a lake at night and UFOs and every other kind of crazy shit you could hallucinate. 

Four day liquor benders also make me trip after I come off them, sometimes for days.  Serious tripping too.  Non-stop auditory hallucination, but it sucks because you feel on the verge of death while it's occurring and everything you're seeing is profane.  LSD also energizes you.  One night my friend and drank two cases of beer on LSD and we were not the least bit drunk from it.  Weed the same way.  All I can feel is the LSD trip, no other substances have any effect.

Post  RobertBlack on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:49 am

Yeah, when i met you, that was pretty much still in the good energy, maybe I came late also, I guess the 90's would have been even better?

I recall the first time I went to Beijing, with the rich French guy, and yeah we ended up at the Den.

It was fucking exciting!

And the Shenyang nightlife was pretty spookily great before that.

My brother came just after I met you.

We took pills, and I knew the Den waitress really well, you would know her.

My vision cleared too quickly, and I said to him, hey bro, don't panic, I am just gonna pass out for a few seconds

He was a panicker, and he was like whatt!!?

So I passed out, my last image was that waitress smiling at me

And when he told her, she was like, but what about his beer!!?

She was cool, probably in love with me, I did flirt with her a lot

It's a pity you were like a Mormon when I met you

I labelled you as a loyal good tough cunt though

And in hindsight, maybe it was better that we did not hang out

Everything happens for a reason

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:52 am

Yeah mushrooms are nice and come on slowly, nice warm natural feeling
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:00 am

You me and eggraid would get on well, i think.

Pi and I would get on well

Scorpio snake is the most open, loyal, and non-judgmental of all

I was on this drunken booze bus in Ireland once, and everyone was mean to this Japanese chick, as she did not drink

They were like, you talk to her, you like her

I just could not be mean to her, like they were

I mean she did pick the wrong trip and she ran away, probably the most horrific experience of her life, just cause she had the balls to say I don't drink

but unless anyone is rude to me, or tries to fuck with me, they are all good as far as I am concerned

That is why I am not a homo hater

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:04 am