Laid Bare!

The Training Has Begun

RobertBlack

Re: The Training Has Begun

Post  RobertBlack on Wed May 03, 2017 10:05 pm

I've been taking ginseng every day. It's either psychosomatic or it works. I got to 10 kms so fast, I am sensing it works.

It's like being on steroids.

Gave my legs a rest today.

6 km walk in sun.

sunny
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Wed May 03, 2017 10:44 pm

The Angel of God wrote:I'm watching Prison Break right now.  It's back on, same dudes too!

Yep, they're still breaking out of prison, which, admittedly, is what I like about it.  I think it would be sooooo fkn cool to break out of a prison.   pirat

I have no problem admitting I'm a low-life.  I'll be lucky to wind up in a trailer with a big fat wife named Bertha, snacking on deep-fried hog jowls and watching professional wrestling with a Budweiser in my hand.

You do realize the lead actor is gay?

What kind of homophobe are you?

Razz
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Fri May 05, 2017 5:49 pm

24 days.

I have achieved my goal of 3 weeks.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Fri May 05, 2017 6:15 pm

I have a slight sore throat, but hopefully I will able to have a long forest run tomorrow.

After that I may have a couple of beers.

tongue
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Fri May 05, 2017 11:18 pm

What's the point of a couple of beers if there's no liquor to waterslide down into oblivion with?

I can't do "a couple beers." So much so if I know that's all I'll be able to get my hands I won't even bother. I'm a hardcore alky, but I know that will just leave me wanting.

Ten days sober here, about the record for the past year, but hey come on I was in Thailand.

Yeah, better get yourself a liter of cheap vodka or something to wash those beers down with.

And don't forget that the moment you pick up I get to go high and mighty on you for being sober longer. Razz

Post  RobertBlack on Fri May 05, 2017 11:22 pm

No you don't, I am 14 days ahead of you.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Fri May 05, 2017 11:24 pm

I can tell you that with a combined effort of running, meditation and sobriety things look far better environment wise.

My sister's garden looks like paradise in the spring sun.

Feel better too. Much calmer.

Sun on my skin feels great.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Fri May 05, 2017 11:28 pm

I probably will get a kicker too, but I will mainly drink beer.

That's another thing about drinking after a long period of sobriety and fitness, the feeling of getting drunk is heightened, enjoyment wise.

Sadly though, so is the hangover.
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Fri May 05, 2017 11:55 pm

When you get to 26 days, then you can claim victory.

My money is still on me.

Razz
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Sat May 06, 2017 12:08 am

Um, I did six months last year, but I guess you get to set the rules for everything in your own mind.  In mine, I'm victorious the moment you pick up.

The environment here is so much nicer, so clean and civilized... and the area I'm in is poverty-stricken.  Compared to Chinky Town Asia though, it's like a paradise.  Only problem with paradise is that it's boring as F.  A good place to sober up and eat well, but beyond that I find it severely lacking in stimulation.

I've been doing AA.  I noted that the meetings were very small, 4-7 attendees, all of whom I remember from before, but some notable people missing.  I brought this up and opened a whole can of worms.

Turns out that NA groups formed in the town and a rift formed.  You see there are some people in AA who insist ONLY alcohol be discussed, but about half our members were drug addicts.  To me I don't see the difference.  I use alcohol just like an addict uses their drug, but it's a whole thingy within AA.  
    So we had a lot of members that would use vague terms like "using" and "addiction" without mentioning specifics.  Apparently they finally got fed up and formed their own groups where they could openly use words like meth and coke and heroine.  I mentioned I might go to one today in liu of the AA meeting to catch up with some of the folks and the group got all on me about cuz their upset about their membership getting cut in half.  So at least recovery groups have some politics and drama to go with them, which admittedly makes things more interesting.  Like when someone suddenly disappears from the meetings, wow don't the rumors fly.  Fuck it.  It's something to do that gets me out of the house and socializing a bit.  No hotties though.  Sad  I remember there was one hottie but she was a druggie... so maybe I'll check out the narcotics recovery meeting and see what kind of poon is available this evening.  The remaining AAers don't want me to go, and only begrudgingly told me the times and locations of the NA meetings, but F 'em.  I'm listening to the same people prattle on and on at each meeting and frankly the druggies are more interesting in a lot of ways.

Post  RobertBlack on Sat May 06, 2017 12:21 am

Yeah, fiucking full of weirdoes.

No wonder you fit in.

Razz

The one in Worthing I nearly went to, until this guy said people drank booze there. I was like, WTF? Like a fucking bar. Hey, I should have gone to see if I got barred. Now that would be worth it, getting banned from AA.

Give it time, I am sure you can mange it.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sat May 06, 2017 12:23 am

Yeah, fucking boring here too.

But at least I got TV, internet, a pet dog, and great runs.

And gambling if I want it.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sat May 06, 2017 11:18 pm

Hard out 10 kms forest run in the heat with hills.

Was dragging my ass on the way back.

cheers
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun May 07, 2017 2:48 am

Um, I did six months last year

This year is 2017, like what counts is now.

OK I am having a nice cool Fosters, with scotch to come.

You have 25 days to beat.
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun May 07, 2017 4:09 am

I think I am back to the good drinking feeling, when I have taken back some control.

Mostly, I was like this in China, and Paris.

I like the feeling when you go, yes, this was definitely a good decision to drink today. Cause it gives you clarity, and a break from your mind.

Back to beer and scotch.

Wine and vodka was turning me into too much of a psycho.

The pendulum needs to swing back and forth, with any habit.

My aim is to wake up with no negative red bars, on the bar graph.

Of course there will be the hangover, but that is something we drinkers have to bear, and accept.

I am just trying to recall when I last did 25 days.

Think it was 2012.
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun May 07, 2017 5:09 am

A blow-out is required, every 2-3 weeks.

3 weeks max.

Even with the meditation and running.

The world, your mind, people, will drive you crazy, unless you have a blow-out.

The key is, when you slip, you can take back control.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun May 07, 2017 6:04 am

I am beginning to understand your mind.

I am total manipulation, but I have the insides to back it up. And I could easily drink myself to death. The night the two Russians tried to kill me, even after survival, apparently I was too hot to approach. No one could come near me.

You are, a projection of a harder, tougher exterior, but a weaker inside (in reality).

No one would know.

Unless I observe.

Yes, you do manipulate, in many ways similar to me.

But you don't have the back-up.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun May 07, 2017 6:07 am

I was fortunate to have two awesome parents.

OK I was the youngest of 7.

But I got through OK.

You should be the same.

No excuses.

So why are you so fucked up?

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun May 07, 2017 6:09 am

Our 17 guests would like an answer.

Razz
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun May 07, 2017 6:21 am

And then there is the homophobia.

My most respected mates, who can fuck pretty much supermodels, well, they don't turn their attention to gays.

If they turn their attention to gays, it is usually as a joke, or using them for connection.

But you Sciency, and more sickenly against the Jews.

Your karma is resting at minus 1354.

I used to respect you, it is true, even though you were a slave to an ugly Chinese bitch (who, by your own admission screwed you of every Yuan you made) well, at that time, I did think you were tough, but of course, every egg will spew when cracked.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun May 07, 2017 6:27 am

You are a survivor, it is true.

But, somewhere along the line, you picked up a lot of issues.

I would feel extremely bored to know exactly which family "member" did it to you.

Alll we need to know is, you got fucked up by your relatives.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun May 07, 2017 6:38 am

You always have the perfect story when describing yourself.

So, when did the bad stuff start happening?

I mean your parents are so perfect.

But hang on, we need to hang that negative shit on some nail.

Or are you perfect Sciency?

If you are perfect, family wise, then who can you blame your self-destructive drunken shit on?

Our readers want to know.

They want to know how some bright eyed boy can be hanging around with a homeless urchin in Bangcock.

The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Sun May 07, 2017 3:44 pm

RobertBlack wrote:Um, I did six months last year

This year is 2017, like what counts is now.

OK I am having a nice cool Fosters, with scotch to come.

You have 25 days to beat.

I'm on 12, already my record for the year. The nearest liquor store I can buy from is twenty miles from here.

I had an opportunity two nights ago, cuz I got to borrow a car to go an AA meeting, but I didn't do it.

When I was here a year or two ago I would do that sometimes. Borrow a car on Friday cuz there's no meeting in town. I'd drive to the liquor store and pick up a 1.5 liter bottle of vodka, hit the the meeting, then go get shitfaced.

Now it's more interesting. The split with the NA is a huge issue. When I hit the AA meeting on Friday, that's all they were talking about. And there were only about five people there, a meeting which used to have dozens. I left early to check out the NA meeting. I saw a lot of familiar faces, which was nice. Also it's nice to get some different perspective, which ex-druggies definitely have over the AAers. A lot of the AAers have been sober 10-20+ years and full of advice, and while that's great, they are still long removed from the cycle of addiction. I'll keep going to the NA. God knows I've done enough drugs in my lifetime, it's just that alcohol is the most convenient. In fact I like cocaine better. I'd gotten pretty addicted to valium in Thailand too. I'd buy a pack of 10 and say "ok, one of these each night to sleep" and in two days they were gone, mixed of course with liter after liter of liquor.

From what I can see there are only three of us that are willing to attend both AA and NA. Otherwise a line has definitely been drawn, it's getting wicked politicky cuz the AA meeting are down to less than half the members they used to be and the NA meeting was packed. Also the AAers really push Jesus and the Bible and God, which they really aren't supposed to, by AA's own doctrine. It doesn't offend me cuz I identify as Christian but I've seen it drive a lot of people away.

NA is a lot grittier. You hear a lot more profanity and the like, which I enjoy. Even though it is in a church and you shouldn't cuss in church but the God I believe doesn't sweat the small stuff.

What I like is that it's a better class of people, in either group. They're people who've really been through it, but they stopped and developed a spiritual relationship with God. Good people, mostly. There are couple cunts that irritate me but I'm not sweating the small stuff either.

If nothing else I've come back with a better understanding of the importance of the steps the program suggests. What I used to think was a bunch of religious hokum, makes sense to me now.

People criticize 12 step programs for being religious and a not "scientific," but since when has science been able to do fuck all about addiction? Never is when.

There are more opiod overdoses in the US from prescription opiates than illegal ones. And when they jacked the price up and put more controls on the prescription opiates, people went back to using heroine.

Thank God I've never gotten addicted to that. Never even tried it.

Post  RobertBlack on Sun May 07, 2017 5:06 pm

I can tell that you need a drink by the amount of boring crap you wrote.

Razz

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Sun May 07, 2017 5:18 pm

And yes, it was worth it.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:27 pm