Laid Bare!

Skid Row O'Clock

The Angel of God

Re: Skid Row O'Clock

Post  The Angel of God on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:27 am

My father's the nicest guy I know. Mom was strict, but also liberal feminist.

Already deprogrammed from that nonsense. Smile

Post  The Angel of God on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:38 am

I could be more than ok.  Can't get at my money, but I got more in the US bank account and more coming, cuz my bank SUCKS.  Bullshit with my bank has caused me no end of stress here.  So I do have more money, just not in hand.  But I'm also gonna need money when I get back, so there's that.

If I can more this week, I'll upgrade my hotel for certain and maybe do some nearby tourizing.  I don't want to travel far as I'm dreading this flight, which goes West not East.  I've never gotten back to the US from Asia going West... and it's definitely the loooooooong way.

Post  The Angel of God on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:24 am

BTW so-called "Pi" how is it even possible?  Shocked    I flew West out of NY with a connection in Taiwan to get to Bangkok, yet I will be flying back to NY with a connection in the Middle East?

Isn't that... shudder... West again?

Fuck, I hope the plane doesn't hit Antarctica or Venus or something.

Also will be going over the Indian Ocean where no airplanes ever fly according you.

Scawy.  affraid

Post  The Angel of God on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:05 pm

What a clusterfuck.  I've lived in this room for nearly six months.  I call it The Chaos Room.

3/4rd of the room is the bed, which gigantic.  The walls angle in toward the door, where the only electrical outlet is, thus the location of my workstation.  That's where the fan was originally.  The is another older outlet on the ceiling.  There two nightstands.  (On is for my desktop.) Therefore I have to set my fan on a nightstand at the foot of my bed, making it impossible to cross the room without crawling over the bed.  I could go on about how fkd up this room is.  

I've accrued little bits of electronics, documents, cables, whathaveyou.  Organizing it all has been a bitch.  I'm still at it, but reaching the end.  I'll leave everything packed in my new room and just survive off the laptop cuz it's a clusterfuck of coathangers, passport pics, combs, locks, markers,  keys, toys, cables... oh my God so many different little things.  I've tossed everything I can get away with.

My checked back is almost small enough to be a carry-on, and it's half used up by my monitor.  My carry-on is a small backpack.  I don't know how I do it.  I like to travel light.  Problem is that now I'm "complex" light.  Almost there. It's like solving a Rubics Cube. I've been at this all fucking day.  Rolling Eyes

Post  RobertBlack on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:50 pm

Hopefully you don't have to fly over Russia or North Korea.
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:58 pm

This dude online is trying to convince to cancel my ticket come Phnom Pehn. In theory, if I canceled and got that money and went there he says I'd find a job NP. He also has done everything I have, taught in Beijing, stayed a long time in the same areas on Bangkok... Said all the same stuff I do about it.

Wish I had chosen Phnom Pehn from the beginning.

I'm still going back. I have to recover from this, process. I'll stock groceries for a few months to regain startup costs if I have to, then head to Cambodia. I told him Poipet had turned me off to Cambodia and he agreed it sucks ass there, but the capital rocks.

One thing I noticed even in Poitpet was that the locals were a LOT nicer than the Thai locals. I drank whiskey and played cards with some guys, ran all around the town drinking and talking with people.

Thais aren't like that at all. There's a gazillion foreigners here, but there's also a strict separation.

As usual, I chose wrong.

I could, in theory, go with the money I have coming. But the last time I booked a ticket through Expedia and canceled, they said it would take three fkn months to get my money back (80%) of it.

If I knew for certain they would pay up in a week or two, I'd do it.

Post  RobertBlack on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:11 pm

The Killing Fields.

I watched that at uni when I was 20.

You could join the navy when fatty starts firing nukes.

The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:46 pm

That was a good film... and pretty accurate from my understanding.

I was looking into the visa process for Cambodia again just now in more detail. You can indeed stay there a year on a business visa. It described all this shit I'd have to do with a border crossing though, and it involves fees and bribes and such. I never had this issue because went through an agency. All in all, with the money I have "in hand" I wouldn't be comfortable with trying it.

Lots of Taiwan jobs on ESL cafe ATM. I should research their visa process. I have before but it's gotten lost in the jumble of visa regs for China/Japan/Nam/Thai.

eggraid

Post  eggraid on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:43 am

Cambodia doesnt have as many foreigners as thailand, thus
    you will be a rare "opportunity" for a local and people will want to know you more. They will still have the illusion that knowing a westerner might be the gateway to prosperous future - or, possibly, that there is some status in knowing a white westerner - great friends eh? Dont trust poor people, especially when they're being friendly.
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:39 am

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:52 am

The lyrics suit you Sciency! Don't forget to pack a wife!

So you been to school
    For a year or two
    And you know you've seen it all
    In daddy's car
    Thinkin' you'll go far
    Back east your type don't crawl

Play ethnicky jazz
    To parade your snazz
    On your five grand stereo
    Braggin' that you know
    How the niggers feel cold
    And the slums got so much soul

It's time to taste what you most fear
    Right guard will not help you here
    Brace yourself, my dear

It's a holiday in Cambodia
    It's tough, kid, but its life
    It's a holiday in Cambodia
    Don't forget to pack a wife

You're a star-belly sneech
    You suck like a leach
    You want everyone to act like you
    Kiss ass while you bitch
    So you can get rich
    But your boss gets richer off you

Well you'll work harder
    With a gun in your back
    For a bowl of rice a day
    Slave for soldiers
    'Till you starve
    Then your head is skewered on a stake

Now you can go where people are one
    Now you can go where they get things done
    What you need, my son.

Is a holiday in Cambodia
    Where people dress in black
    A holiday in Cambodia
    Where you'll kiss ass or crack

Pol pot, pol pot, pol pot, pol pot, etc.

And it's a holiday in Cambodia
    Where you'll do what you're told
    A holiday in Cambodia
    Where the slums got so much soul
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:00 pm

I haven't tried seriously yet, as I will be in Europe until July, but the problems with Taiwan that I have seen so far, are firstly, no uni jobs without a masters, that is a cunt, as uni jobs are by far the best, secondly, very few adult teaching jobs, thirdly, mostly they say must be in Taiwan for interview.

When it comes to July, I will probably just go fuck it, and take any job I can there. Europe is growing more boring and negative by the day. So is the UK.

I will have to bite the bullet eventually. Just like you did.

I will try and extend my non-drinking period by a week this time, means 3 weeks.

Then to 4.

The hangovers that I had, just don't make the drinking worth it, but I have had a good run.

My priority now is getting fit, and finishing the stories I am writing.

The running and meditation has taken over my drinking in the past.

I recall the period after Hainan, I did six weeks. Got laid a lot. Actually you will be surprised to hear it was when I first arived at that school. But sadly, once I started back on it, slowly but surely things went to shit.

During that period, I recall standing in packed Poachers, watching all the drunk people thinking, this is dumb. The girl I was with got smashed though and so I fucked her brains out that night, at her request.

Funny to be on the other side of drinking, but I have done on it on many occasions.

I will try again now.

It has to be more of a life/philosophy/karmic change more than just kicking a bad addiction. That's how I have done it in the past, anyway.

I am not saying I can quit drinking totally, that is ridiculous (and I might add what you say) but I will continue to try and control it, lesson it, and it's effects on holding my life back.

I will be running again in a day or so.
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:14 pm

4-5 days recovered.  I think I can say I'm sober now and functional.

I agree that the west is boring.  I'll be back there and wishing I were here, despite it all.

Regret.  My number one regret here is not myself and what's happened to me.  It's Crazy Girl.

She is the only decent girl I've met.   She doesn't drink or drug.  She just walks around looking at everything.  And her and I had a great time hanging out in the courtyard while she babbled and talked to herself and walked around, but she truly liked me.  She saw me one night talking with the African girls and moved on.  I got a glimpse of her.

What I mean to say though is that if I had been sober and recovered and thinking like a man should, I could have helped her.  I'd have work still cuz no bitch would have been able to steal my router and I'd have money to buy her another set of clothes, footwear, whathaveyou.  I could've easily afforded to find her a dorm or something -if I hadn't been drinking like a maniac.

I feel bad for myself, but she's a homeless woman who absolutely doesn't deserve her fate.

Today I humped my gear out the hotel I'd been in for six months and headed off to find another, in a different neighborhood.  "Water Festival" has started and it's a zoo out there.   Everyone is running around with super-soakers blasting each other.  Not fun when you're humping all your gear looking for a place to stay.

I settled on the first one that met my standards.  It's cheaper than my old one a bit, and much cleaner.  I'm looking at this room and thinking "fuck, this would have been great for a studio for my work."  The restaurant downstairs is half the price as the old one and outside, although no less active, is far nicer and civilized.  

I'm thinking about going looking for her tomorrow, but I don't know to what end.  I can't do anything for her now, except a coke and meal.  I'm leaving and I'm on a tight budget to get there.  

If I'd been sober, that woman would be clean and clothed and nourished and housed. Like she deserves to be.

I'm such a fucking asshole.

Post  RobertBlack on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Three types of people I have found impossible to help, homeless people, prostitutes, and addicts.

People choose how they like to live.

That's just your Bible bashing superior arrogance coming through though, we know not to take it seriously now, like most of what you say.

Razz

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:26 pm

Don't worry, there'll be many more homeless retards available for you.

Mad
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:28 pm

In any event, I would work on yourself, and your own problems for a year or so, that's what I plan to do.

Me I mean, not yours.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:30 pm

I feel bad for myself, but she's a homeless woman who absolutely doesn't deserve her fate.

Rolling Eyes

Every adult deserves their fate, mostly.
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:32 pm

People sometimes choose and sometimes they do not.

If a dude is hit by a car and crippled, did he choose to live in a wheelchair?

Do refugees (the real kind) *choose* to live as refugees?

I don't think so.

Post  RobertBlack on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:34 pm

They choose to live as rapeugees.

Shocked
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:34 pm

Obviously we will never agree on this. Rolling Eyes

I need to go buy smokes and smoke. I get super-soaked again I'm kicking someone's ass. Mad

Post  RobertBlack on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:34 pm

That's one thing I got from ten years of criminal law.

Everyone has an excuse for their fuck ups.

Just look at you.
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:35 pm

RobertBlack wrote:They choose to live as rapeugees.

Shocked

Look at the post. I specified *real* refugees. There is such a thing.

Post  RobertBlack on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:35 pm

Have a good one.

I am off to watch the surfing.
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:37 pm

RobertBlack wrote:That's one thing I got from ten years of criminal law.

Everyone has an excuse for their fuck ups.

Just look at you.

And there's one thing I've gotten from every lawyer I've ever dealt with.

They're a bunch of haughty parasitic douches.

Post  The Angel of God on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:40 pm

RobertBlack wrote:Have a good one.

I am off to watch the surfing.

Oops. Flamed you after that. Embarassed

I'm off too. Have a freebie if you want before you go.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:20 pm