Laid Bare!

Raglan, New Zealand

RobertBlack

Raglan, New Zealand

Post  RobertBlack on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:33 am

Raglan. I used to live there, and have surfed better days than that.

I think we lived at the place with the red roof, far left. Not bad for 140 dollars a week, That was in 1995 though.

RobertBlack

Re: Raglan, New Zealand

Post  RobertBlack on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:35 am

Yeah, New Zealand is certainly stunning. I mean that coast is considered the ugly coast.

Shame about the people, haha.
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:36 am

I want to rewrite a story I sold to a surf magazine in 1998 and expand it. Trying to get hold of the old issue, so I can use the original material.
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:37 am

The massive place was owned by a doctor. He turned up at court one day when I was duty solicitor, charged with fraud, and from memory seeking legal aid LOL.
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:06 am

And my hometown, where I lived from 8 to 17, a bit better. Probably one of the top ten beaches in the world.

eggraid

Post  eggraid on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:50 am

Looks like a place you could live at and completely avoid people... i'd do it. Though i'm into domesticated birds, bjj and growing stuff. So the beach is an overkill, except for snorkling, which i like.
    Buying a house there looks rather expensive
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:15 am

Totally, prices have gone ballistic in NZ.

Especially near the coast.
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:22 am

Another attack in Paris, right where I used to work. Some nice shots of Champs-elysee.

The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:01 pm

Sandy beaches and atolls, human being food from western civilization, surf and sun.  What's not to like?

I'm with Eggroll.  I'll stick to snorkeling.  Some of my friends are professional divers, so I've suited up and spearfished and stuff before.  Just don't like the feeling of my life being reliant on technology 15 meters down, makes me angsty.  Whole different world down there though.

Underwater spearfishing is FKN AWESOME btw.  Nothing like like aiming that speargun and watching it drive through your target all underwater, in my case large seabass.  Soooo fkn cool.

I can't even stand up on a surfboard for more than a few seconds so I won't comment on that.  I tried it a couple times, but it was just wipe out after wipe out.  I'm good at wiping out at least.

Post  RobertBlack on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:22 pm

It's a pity that the place is so opressive energy and atmosphere wise.

It is wayy!! too small, as are the people's minds.

You cannot escape there. Like if you are in a car there are just so few roads you are caught in seconds. Nowhere to go.

Sad really, as it is fucking beautiful. And I do miss it. But to live there? Only in a nuclear war.

It's a bit like my Dad said, after the war he was so bored and the people seemed all stupid, as he had been on such an adrenalin high the whole time, live or die each day so random.

Traveling is the same in many ways. You live in a vibrant society like Asia, then go back to people who talk about the same mundane fucking things all their lives, and only those things.
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:06 pm

Oh, it's real provincial here.  Some of these folks don't like me just cuz I "talk like a damn Yankee."

Civil War never ended for a lot of them.  Some of these guys drive around town with big Confederate flags waiving off the back of their pickup trucks, right along with the gun rack and Yosemite Sam mudflaps.

They love to talk about what dicks the cops are, favorite topic bar none.  They have a rule here that if a cop has someone pulled over in front of you, you have to slow down to 5 MPH.  The reason is cuz people were taking the opportunity to plow cops down and then claim "Oopsie Poopsie, it was an accident and he was standing in the road after all."

Maine is even worse.  All those m'fkrs do is gossip about each other, even the men.  When the paper comes out nobody reads the headlines, instead they open straight up to the police report to see who got busted for what that week.  Lots of folks have police scanners and just listen to them all evening.

All anybody does is smoke pot.  It's ridiculous how many people do it.

And they nicknames for everything, like Wal Mart is "wallyworld" and shit like that.  Takes hours to even get to one.  In fact DownEast language is so colloquial a lot of native speakers can't understand what the F they're talking about.  I can cuz I grew up there, but I don't cuz I don't care to sound like a f-ing retard.

Also they cuss a lot and quite creativeily.  I do have that issue.   Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:54 pm