Laid Bare!

SK Podcast: Whistlin' Dixie

The Angel of God

SK Podcast: Whistlin' Dixie

Post  The Angel of God on Wed May 10, 2017 11:22 am

Really spaced out.  Podcast is long and boring.  Went from drinking and living crazy somewhere wild to sober and next to nothing somewhere dull.  Gotta do this for a good while though; tis the price of burning bright again rather than burning flat-out dead.

Re: SK Podcast: Whistlin' Dixie

Post  RobertBlack on Wed May 10, 2017 3:21 pm

It's good to see you got your priorities right bro, tobacco before doctor, everytime, even if your leg needs to be cut off, or you die from septacamea.

Razz
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Wed May 10, 2017 4:11 pm

Dude they torture and kill atheists and devil worshippers in Egypt.

Probably the name of the forum.

Crying or Very sad

The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Wed May 10, 2017 11:21 pm

Dude, I lived in Cairo. It's way more laid back than a lot of Arab cultures, way more. I don't know, maybe not these days with all that's gone down, I dunno what it's like. They played old black and white 50s movies on the TV that were all like Hollywood beach movies of the era, girls on the beach in bikinis playing volleyball and stuff like that. The modern media had grown far more conservative.

To give an idea of how permissive they are, they are a muslim nation yet the city has it's own very popular brand of beer, "Stella." Hashish is not difficult to obtain. When I was there they loved the series Falcon Crest and Dallas, playing them every evening. They are quite interesting to watch after smoking hashish, as would be Teletubbies or anything else. I remember this old Egyptian shop owner warning me, "You are from America. You stay away from that J.R. He is a bad, BAD man!"

Dude was completely serious too. Razz

Post  The Angel of God on Wed May 10, 2017 11:30 pm

I've known lots of Arabs/Muslims.  Once they get a taste of freedom, particularly if they are independent and abroad, they will quickly expand their horizons even in full violation of Shariah.  If you get a gajillion of them imported at once, however, you end up with no-go zones, terror attacks, honor killings, "Rapefest Europe", and ISIS.

"Rapefest Europe -Third Millennium," is really the most popular party on Earth for these guys!  Everybody wants in on it, by boat, by train...  anything to get raping that sweet white poon, like what we kicked their ass for during the Crusades:  Defensive wars in which the Muslim world had invaded Europe on several fronts and taken millions of white sex slaves.  Now, Mama Merkel's swung the floodgates open for them with a (blood) red carpet, and they couldn't be more psysched to come and get rapin' and terrorin'.

Post  The Angel of God on Thu May 11, 2017 1:24 am

RobertBlack wrote:It's good to see you got your priorities right bro, tobacco before doctor, everytime, even if your leg needs to be cut off, or you die from septacamea.

Razz

Um, it's $16 for a POUND of pipe tobacco at this store near her. I've been smoking out of that for 15 days now and still got a ways to go. Papers cost money too, but I'm getting the cheapest.

15 minutes with the "doctor" Rolling Eyes cost me $80 + $40 for nine antibiotic pills. See, I already knew what I needed, antibiotics, but I gotta pay a so-called "doctor" $80 and feed the gluttonous pharmecutical industry machine by paying $40 for pills that costs next to nothing to produce and sell for a buck or two in most other countries.

That's $120 dollars, to get something that should be cheap and I already knew I needed. The doctor looked at my leg, told me it was infected and I needed antibiotics.... all shit I completely knew on my own before I went in.

120/16 = 7.5 pounds of tobacco... enough to last me months and months, but noooooo I have to go through it in 15 minutes to get antibiotics that I could get for cheap in a country that doesn't suck ass, like mine does. Fucking cunts.

Post  The Angel of God on Thu May 11, 2017 1:31 am

To save on papers I asked at the store to buy a pipe.  The indian/paki/whateverheis dude at the counter told me that's it's now illegal to sell pipes.  I reminded him it's for tobacco, but he insisted it didn't matter.  WTF?  He can sell "pipe tobacco" and rolling papers, but pipes are illegal suddenly.  Dumb fucking state government, dumb fucking federal government.  All cunts from top to bottom.

Don't think weed is legal in America.  In a few places sure.  Weed is wicked popular in Florida, yet if you get caught with a thimble-full it's off to jail.  Cunts.  I guess they prefer everyone stay strung out on meth and heroine and fentanyl, which is what is what's going on.

Treatment center for these poor unfortunate addicts?  Think again.  If you've got thousands of dollars to spend on it, sure.  Homeless?  Fuck you!  Keep injecting junk into your arm in an abandoned car until you die.  Oh, you want to straighten up and get a job?  Well, guess what m'fkr, no jobs.  (The marked rise in poverty correlates with the rise in hard drug use, but the city, state, and federal government asshole fucks are doing better than ever.)

So yeah, I get that if I'm living here I have to live with it, but I'll keep fucking calling it what is: inhumane, corrupt, despicable.  That's what my country has become.

Post  The Angel of God on Wed May 17, 2017 6:36 am

Post  RobertBlack on Wed May 17, 2017 6:38 pm

I just got through the final shit and can now start to accept students and give them my available schedule.

No moochie moochie for me!

There are like 20 videos I will watch first in preparation.

I don't know why you constantly have IT issues, and you constantly prattle on about shit.

Dude I have a HP laptop, and a wifi connection, and it works for me. Seemples.

Razz

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Wed May 17, 2017 6:41 pm

I have to thank you though. You were the one who convinced me that I could do it. It was like decades ago when I started my travels and my mate said to me don't forget to do the apple picking in Kent. One short sentence and it was fucking awesome. Now it is shit of course, but back then that advice was worth its weight in gold.

Quite excited. Now I can basically live in any country as long as I have wifi and a computer.

cheers  sunny
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Thu May 18, 2017 1:41 am

I'm surprised your company allows wifi. Most won't.

If you think you're gonna be ok on hotel wifis traveling around, I got bad news for you.

You won't. 1. A shared connection is susceptible to speed drops, particularly upload 2. A wifi signal cannot only transmit or receive at any given moment, not both at the same time.

Post  The Angel of God on Thu May 18, 2017 1:47 am

All I can say is that if you travel, make sure your environment and IT get tested before you try to teach. Companies often demand the teachers schedule availability 2-3 weeks in advance, and are quite unforgiving about any changes to that, even if it's well in advance. If you can get info on your connection before you travel to another location, that would be smart. I'm talking a speed test TO CHINA (not locally). Minimum upload is 500 megabits for some companies, though most require 1-2 full MB minimum.

You think I'm "prattling" about IT issues, but you will soon to learn why.

Post  RobertBlack on Thu May 18, 2017 2:20 am

Yeah, I guess quite of bit of research is required before you choose where to live.

I would love to live by the ocean, and do this internet teaching.

The are some remote coastal areas in NZ, but I suppose the internet may be a bit slow there too.

The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Thu May 18, 2017 3:09 am

http://www.speedtest.net/

Locally on my new connection, I'm getting 20 MBPS down and 5 up, with 39 ms ping. That's f-ing excellent. To Beijing, it slows considerable but still well above minimums: 9 down, 3.5 up, 239 ping.
    My DSL is .5 to .6 up but slows to .33 up to China, below school requirements. So be sure to check your connection to Beijing as well as locally, and don't forget that uploads drop on a shared connection.
    If you have, say 0.5 up to Beijing, it may be *barely* enough (worse on a wifi) but if other users get on that shared network suddenly get on and suck up your upload bandwidth, your class is botched, it's your fault, and you may be subject to penalties, such as fines, by the company. This new one I've got now works speed and ping-wise, but I've been going through a week of BS with the provider lying about the data cap and throttling policy. Changed the plan four times, and still getting BSed by the m'fkrs. Cunts.

If your school is anything like mine, they will never admit when it's a platform IT problem (cuz they'd have to pay you as opposed to simply not) and 90% of the headaches are from student IT issues. After some time I found I could identify the issues faster than our own techs. Usually a minute in I knew exactly:

recording volume, microphone distance, student's connection is laggy, platform overload lag, wrong microphone, shared connections drop outs, student and family are basically retarded, etc.

Post  RobertBlack on Thu May 18, 2017 3:16 am

I got 41 ms, 0.9 Mbps, Download 12.62 Mbps at my last test.

Is that good?

The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Thu May 18, 2017 3:41 am

.9 up?  Should pass muster.

The minimum requirements range between .5 and 2 up.   On the speedtest.net click on the map and test yourself to some locations in China and see what you get.  My DSL here gets .6+ locally but drops to .33 up to China, which fails all IT tests.  You'll also see a noticeably longer ping to China.  West Coast US to China is good cuz they have a cable across the Pacific linking them.  Weirdly, people in California were getting better pings to China than I was from Thailand.  Here from the East Coast of the US (about as far from China as one can get) I get 239 ms ping, which ain't bad.  Lag is frequently on the platform or student end anyway.... or sometimes the Great Firewall.  We'd have days when all the teachers outside of China were complaining of 5-15 second time delays (unworkable for teaching) while everyone within China was getting on fine.

Hope your connection is unshared.  If possible stop using wifi and get a direct line to the modem or wifi router to your machine.  Instead of bars like wifi, it should be a local connection with a square box in the icon tray.  I explained before why this is important.

Post  RobertBlack on Thu May 18, 2017 3:36 pm

Just finishing your podcast.

Already planning your next binge.

Rellies out of town?

And there I was thinking you were a six mionths man.

Tssssk tsssk.

Razz
    RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Thu May 18, 2017 9:12 pm

Putin has made Trump look like a fucking idiot. And at the same time he (Putin) has disrupted USA politics, as he has with Europe.

USA main news for the last two weeks is Russia, and impeachment.

Not a very stable situation for the country.

Trump was a dumb cunt with Putin and I have to wonder why?

You can't make any agreement with Russia.

You commie loving cunts never learn.

We need John Wayne back.
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Fri May 19, 2017 12:34 am

Oh please, it's a witch hunt, one that's been coming at Trump from the looney left throughout the entire campaign and his presidency. He should have fired Comey for letting Bubba tried to schmooze him into laying on off the Hillary e-mail investigation -a *real* scandal that actually happened.

They just through anything out there. The house dems are now accusing Trump of being paid off by Putin. LOL. The dude's a billionaire and he has no investments or ties with Russia. All he did was take the correct position that we should tone down our outdated Cold War rhetoric about Russia and look at demilitarizing against them (under mutual terms) and generally trying to get along.

Putin is not wrong. The rebels in Syria are mostly CIA funded mercenaries and the US, under Obummer and Killary, were arming ISIS. What the fuck? Haven't we learned our lesson about Middle Eastern dictators by now? The death and misery and chaos from the void left in usurping them isn't worth the perceived benefit. And another will just come along, cuz the whole culture is based on strong-man-on-top.

So, yes, Putin appreciated Trump's overture in the campaign and supported him, why wouldn't he? Why aren't there investigations into Chinese and Israeli influence peddling on US Presidents and other government officials? And you mean to tell me Obama and Killary weren't using the FBI and CIA like their personal hand-puppets every chance they got? This whole "scandal" is nothing but overblown malarky. Trump in the meanwhile is making real progress in securing jobs and straightening the US out internationally, rectify all our lopsided give-away-the-farm foreign policy and trade. I don't know what's worse this country, our allies or our enemies.

If it's flaring up in the news it's only cuz they're choosing to focus on it. In the end they have less than nothing cuz the whole thing is nothing but a new chapter in the throw-anything-out-there witchhunt against Trump. Fuck them. My only advice is to stop relying on the fake-news looney-left MSM and the irrational narratives they spin and propagate altogether, as us Trump supporters figured out ages ago.

Post  The Angel of God on Fri May 19, 2017 12:48 am

RobertBlack wrote:Just finishing your podcast.

Already planning your next binge.

Rellies out of town?

And there I was thinking you were a six mionths man.

Tssssk tsssk.

Razz

I'm toying with the idea. Why not? It might just do me some good to get out of my head for a while. The boredom of this place is wearing on me. Say whatever you want about the evils of alcohol, it does give you that mental vacation you need, however brief a window. If it doesn't run into going out and getting into trouble or rolling day-after-day benders, it's not the worst thing in the world.

In AA they say there's no geographical cure, but that's BS. Being surrounded by bars with 24-hour convenient access to liquor like I was in Thai exacerbated the problem greatly.

Here in nowherewhereville it's considerably easier. First off, there's nowhere TO drink, except home. Secondly, I need to drive 20 miles to obtain liquor. Beer and wine are sold here, but those don't tempt me. I know they'll just leave me wanting for liquor, so I can resist. The only time I'd dabble in beer or wine is when I *know* liquor is also forthcoming. Otherwise, what's the point? I've got to drink a huge volume to feel anything, then I'm just bloated and pissing every ten minutes from consuming 14 fkn bees or whatever. It's stupid. Liquor is far more efficient. Beer is not worth bothering with, unless it's like that high-proof dutch lager. Even then it's too much liquid for my tastes, as is anything under 35% abv. I'll temper my liquor with slugs of water as needed, don't want it mixed in with to a high ratio. I also don't want all the sugars and other crap that comes with low abv drinks.

And hey, don't criticize me when the best you do is 25 days, that same number you've been holding out at me as the standard.

I'll hit it tomorrow. Then surpass it.

Post  RobertBlack on Fri May 19, 2017 5:28 pm

Well, it seems you have already talked yourself into it.

That's the whole problem of serious addiction, the twinges.

The main thing is take my advice and CONTROL your actions.

Yeah, have your two day binge, but try no to get arrested, or get kickedout your moochieville. Razz

I mean the whole reason for the drinking is because you know you enjoy it. So enjoy yourself.

RobertBlack

Post  RobertBlack on Fri May 19, 2017 5:32 pm

The reason Trump did seem to have contact with the Russians, and tried to hide it is pretty clear.

Yes, I agree it is harmless, so what?

But it gives fuel to his opposition.

He must have known this would occur later, so at some point he must have weighed up the advantages and disadvantages.

The advantages of course, included Russia helping him in the election, just as they helped Brexit and Le Pen.

Probably nothing will be proved, so at the end of the day maybe he made the right choice.

Then again Putin could blackmail him, which is what everyone claimed from the start.

That, would not be a good position for the American people, and would no doubt result in his ultimate downfall.
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Sat May 20, 2017 12:48 am

Foreign governments are welcome to support a US candidate through websites and social media.  They also do it through dubious contributions, which presidential candidates receive from foreign lobbies.  Saudis, Israelis, Russians, Chinese... you name it.  Anyone who's got money.  You'd be hard pressed to find a US politician who isn't beholden to several in some ways.  The fact is Trump has no investments investments in Russia and the accusation from irresponsible (and bought-out-themselves) leftie cunt politicians that Trump took money from Putin are as far-fetched as they are baseless in any sort of fact.  All presidential frontfronners and president-elects are beginning establish their foreign policy relations with other nations before they ever set foot in the Oval Office.  Why no mention of Israel and Saudi influence?  The American public is long past Cold War mentality ever since it, well, ended.

Unlike Hillary and Obama who committed Federal Felony crimes and treason, Trump did nothing wrong.  He openly declared his desire to improve relations with Russia.  Russia, of course, favored this and supported him.  So fkn what?  That's their prerogative.

Post  The Angel of God on Sat May 20, 2017 1:06 am

RobertBlack wrote:Well, it seems you have already talked yourself into it.

That's the whole problem of serious addiction, the twinges.

The main thing is take my advice and CONTROL your actions.

Yeah, have your two day binge, but try no to get arrested, or get kickedout your moochieville. Razz

I mean the whole reason for the drinking is because you know you enjoy it. So enjoy yourself.

More circular reasoning.  You're in a phase of limited control, as am I, but we both know it will resurface, and all the most earnest efforts and best laid plans will become subverted by the substance.  "Planning" my drinking doesn't make much difference.  It's like rolling dice, cuz plans can change on a moment's notice when that ethanol's running through the bloodstream.  Environment and circumstance have a lot to do with things.  I'm finding it much easier here to abstain, whereas in Bangkok I found in impossible to hold out for more than a handful of days between binges. There was no amount of resolve that couldn't be subverted in a sudden instant with that alcohol demon laying in wait as it does. Go to the store to buy water, walk out with booze, and wonder how it happened. Here, at least, they only sell hard stuff at state licensed liquor stores... as opposed to five minute availability 24 hours. Beer and wine don't tempt me. I'll gaze transfixed at a bottle of liquor however. My precious.

I'm sure if your life thrust you into an environment where it was ubiquitous, or one when you didn't have the pussywhip cracking down on you with hourly sobriety checks on Skype, you'd soon be drowning in it.  Self-control my ass.  Rolling Eyes

Post  RobertBlack on Sat May 20, 2017 3:12 am

The last time I got in any shit drinking was in London with that black guy.

I will count that but it wasn't my fault at all. He was just a psycho who accused me wrongly of stealing money from him. Later he apologised.

That was about 3-4 months ago.

I can't recall the time before that.

Possibly in 2014 in Worthing.

Would you like me to list your behaviour over the recent months?

Denial is a big part of addiction.

Control is your only hope, but you even deny that, and get all sensitive about it and then have to take a pot shot at me.

I drank here 3 days. No trouble.

Let's see how you go when your rellies are out. Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:24 pm