Laid Bare!

Soooo much fkn bullshit

The Angel of God

Soooo much fkn bullshit

Post  The Angel of God on Mon May 29, 2017 5:38 pm

Rolling Eyes

These online companies want you go through so much rigamorole. Download their software, interviews, forms, demo class, mock class.... it's like they just make it as fkn complicated as possible, plus I'm dealing with many so I have learn all their shit and keep track of it in the application process. None of them guarantee hours and leave all kinds of loopholes that could very well leave me fkd if *I* invest my time in *them.*

So dumb. Demand is sky-high but they make everything ridiculous and dysfunctional.

Now I'm thinking about going back to China. I had discounted the idea because I'm too bitch-ass broke to cover startup costs. But yesteray I posted an job wanted ad saying I would consider overseas jobs that provided private accommodation and paid airfare upfront. To my surprise, some decent offers are coming in already. Two just tonight along with Skype conversations.

Neither are in Beijing, but I'm thinking f-beijing anyway. It got progressively suckier and suckier as years rolled by. That's not just my perception either; it's objective fact.

Beijing was so f-ing fun when I first got cut loose there. Slowly it morphed into some disney-esque gentrified poser-fest. Now, according to The Beijinger all anybody cares about is craft beers and hamburgers. F-that. Give me a freak fest with Tsing-Taos and chaunr over that bs anyday.

Speaking of which another offer just popped into my mailbox for Qingdao. Pre-paid airfare, private apartment, and 12-15k RMB. Fuck it. Why not? I'd be soooo psyched to get out this place. This is just nothing bullshit here. Utter nothing. I was talking to this young guy from a meeting and he some p/t crap job, and I asked him about the supermarket in town. He was all like "I dream of working there!" A shitty supermarket job, stocking shelves and shit, is prized like gold just cuz it pays slightly above minimum wage. Jesus.

America is so fucked.

Sure there are areas with more jobs, but those areas have astronomical startup and living costs as well.

I like my life simple. A job with the apartment provided would be great. I could write a book on all the bullshit I had to deal with landlords in Beijing. Even 12k with that provided would suit me dandy. I may not be in Beijing but I'd still be in China and be able to get my cost of living down easily. Shit, in Beijing 2014 I was still living in a private place for 2500 and getting my food from the farmer's markets. Drinking was not a major expense either, cuz I'd drink that ultra-cheap hooch from the ma and pa store then go in a hutong bar and only order ONE beer. Or just bring the baijiu to a chaunr shop to drink cheap beers with. I was on here for almost nine months just living off about 22k in savings, not working and doing fuck all. Sure my pingfang was a tiny pit, but it was all going on outside. I had a washing machine, shower, toilet, bed, hotplate, aircon, and internet. All I fkn need. Hell in Thai I didn't have a kitchen, AC, hot water, or washing machine and I still got on fine, partying my ass off.

As much as I want to go back to Thai to help Crazy Chick out, I just don't know think it's viable. China is a place that actually makes sense to me and I can get shit done. Thailand notsomuch. It's like Pi said, westerners are just regarded as walking ATM machines. Also, landlords and certain scummy school managers aside, I can deal with Chinese a lot better than Thais. In Bangkok, getting around on a bicycle would be tempting death daily. And the food fucking sucks. China I know how to eat very well. Most importantly, I have a way better chance of finding a decent GF in China... or just doing the single thing some more there. Either way, farrrr better than Thailand.

I don't know yet, but I'm excited by this possibility. The idea I could be OUT of this limbo. I've been back a month and it suuuucks. Online work is low paying and stressful. The idea of spending six months or longer here doing that shit is depressing beyond words.

My two biggest regrets of recent times are coming back here in 2015 and now again in 2017, cuz there's just nothing in the way of work and the way people who do work live here is crazy overcomplicated, everything is. They don't see it either, how much f-ing energy is wasted on stupid shit and how corrupt and scammy it all is -and getting worse by the year. America is falling behind in the internet and physical infrastructure because of it. Even with Trump as prez most of the problems won't get fixed, like joblessness, underemployment, health coverage, unaffordable housing, homelessness, and the skyrocketing rates of drug addiction and overdose deaths. America is corrupt and insane and will continue to decline. Trump, at best, will stave off the collapse. In many ways it already has collapsed, just that anybody with money left doesn't realize it yet. Occupy Wall Street and all that jazz... did NOTHING. The corps and foreign lobbies still OWN both political parties and the people can look forward to nothing but getting squeezed even more. It's going to completely collapse the nation. It's just the illusion of prosperity they hold to now but really the nation is rotting from the inside out.

With any fortune I'll get a nestegg put together in China and come back here with enough money to buy a cabin and retire and die and all that stuff. I have the blessed fortune to be cured of materialism and will be able to adapt to the post-downfalled America better than all the spoiled fucks -whom I will be laughing at with delight. The people who have money here, you should hear the shit they bitch about. It's f-ing nothing. Seriously, they get worked up over the dumbest shit. Luxury problems, by and large. Except for illness and death, of course. Those hit everyone hard no matter their status in the re-emerging feudal caste system that is modern day America.

I know, I know... nobody believes me about rural America, but seirously... it's really that bad. Especially fkn Asians and their Hollywooded notions... my words on the subject won't even register.

You will see a brand of misery here like nowhere else, not one mind not enslaved by it, be they the haves or the nots. I can't get on anyone's wavelength here because my... operating system is just not the same as theirs. I can talk and even have friendly conversation, but the other party is always left somewhat disturbed by me, even though I'm not trying to persuade or burst their bubble in anyway. If anything I'm taking great care not to, but it doesn't matter. Me being me is enough. And I can't help that part.

Re: Soooo much fkn bullshit

Post  The Angel of God on Mon May 29, 2017 5:57 pm

I'm also getting such job offers for Korea coming in.  F-that.  I don't know how to rub two words of Korean together.

I watched a Korean TV program at this restaurant in Bangkok and it was the gayest thing I ever saw in my life.  All these young guys with the demeanor of girls dressed like fruits and talking and giggling about stuff on this live show.  I just don't think I could live somewhere that incredibly gay.  Not that I hate gays or any of that, I just don't want it THAT gay as what I saw on that show.  I mean, like unbelievably gay this shit.  Pathetically so.  Even the biggest homo you ever met would proably look at that show and scoff and declare it "way too gay."

Maybe what they really need is for the North to invade so, you know, those little S. Korean poofters get conscripted and are forced to fight and grow some ballhair instead of primping their eyelashes and flicking their emo locks and doing fkn makeovers on one another.  Rolling Eyes

Post  The Angel of God on Tue May 30, 2017 10:46 am

Holy fuck. I just got off Skype with this recruiter. They are offering me 16k RMB + Pre-paid Flight + free private apartment + good location + one month salary bonus at the end of contract. That's for 25 45 minute lessons per week.

Sheeet. Not only that, they are very eager to hire me... enough to offer me the pre-paid airfare.

I could live like a king. In Beijing I only ever made around 12K + or - and had to pay rent. 16k RMB without rent? I'll be stylin'. afro

This offer just made it to number one on my list. Now I'm thinking fuck these online companies. Low pay and no guaranteed hours. It's a major risk accepting one of those jobs because there's a good chance of making next to nothing the first month or two. My last one netted me $800, $1200,$1000,$1500, $800, $1000 over six months. Averages out to about $1000 USD a month. BUT I had to invest at least a month in tech and even more than that in visa runs, plus pay for lodging, food, and lifestyle. That and I was teaching seven days a week. Some weekdays were light schedule, but weekends were always booked solid 9-10 hours. Bullshit.

Not to mention all the frustration with the management and IT issues all around, particularly the students.

This job, the aparment is free and near the school and all of it in a cool area. It's a no-brainer. I got two other job offers with the airfare, but they pay 12k and involve traveling to different schools. I like living near where I work, and this job pays 4k more a month plus a full month pay bonus at the end of contract. No brainer. I'm fkn going for it.

I know to a lot of people that doesn't sound impressive, but you don't know the poverty and squalor and chaos I've been living in for so very long. 16k a month w/ apartment to me would be like being f-ing rich. Definitely would invest in an awesome e-bike after the first month, like high-end awesomeness. Beyond that, I can't even imagine what I'd blow it on. Baijiu, TsingTao, and jingjiu still sell for sofa change, so what's left?

Post  The Angel of God on Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:07 am

Sheesh, it's like going in circles with these job offers.

I'm considering one that covers everything, in bumfuck nowhere China for shitty salary, 11k.  Why?  Well,

1.  It pays my airfare and gives me a free apartment
    2.  It's 20 classes with no office hours or extra duties.

The dirt cheap cost of living will somewhat offset the lower the salary.  The private apartment includes all utilities plus internet paid by the employer.  

It'd probably be boring as hell, but better than being broke here.  And with such a light workload I could maintain hobbies and fucking off being lazy like I like.

These schools are a headache and half to talk to.  One dude was pumped to get me on board and now he's just disappeared.  Rolling Eyes I sent hundreds of applications off into the aether last year looking for work too.  The whole industry is a clusterfuck.

Beijing or someplace cool just isn't an option cuz I'm piss-ass broke from my last misadventure.  Nothing in those places wants to handle startup costs for the teacher, but some of these bumfuck nongtowns are willing to.  So be it.  I'd rather be there with a salary than here without one.  

Fuck, even with a salary here it would suck.  It's like an hour or more drive to the nearest movie theater or bowling alley.  All I could spend my money on here is groceries and mexican restaurants.

Besides, I may be a Beijinger, but I'm sure my experience there amply prepares me to deal with Nongville.  I'll still have internet, biking, and baijiu to amuse me... and plenty of free time to indulge.  no cool clubs or western amenities, but that shit is expensive anyway.  I might do something like this for a year, work more on my Chinese, then head to Beijing or somewhere cool after the contract is up.

Beijing is a bunch of suck now anyway.  Plenty of other cities in China I could get into, like Chengdu, Qingdao, Shenzhen, Kunming, Xi'an... so fkn many.  Beijing is played out I feel.  It had it's heyday but that's long over.  Too much gentrification.  If one based its development on the Beijinger, you'd think the whole purpose of the city now is getting served cheeseburgers and bagels and shit.  They tore down SLT Houjie, I read.  Sure that place was a pit, but it's been a steady reign of rubble over anyplace popular with expats... that or like the dongcheng hutongs, laowai getting run out by mobs of chinese posers shittying up the place.

Some backwater Chinese living would be good for me.  Less salary, but less to spend it on too.  At the end of the day I just need my food and drink, and I'm an efficient competent cook.  There's a good chance some female coworker or another will want access to the D, so I imagine that will be covered.  Not a rain of poon, but f-it, I don't feel like dating anyway.  It's expensive, draining, and time consuming.  Rather get some writing in.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:25 pm