Post  The Angel of God on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:20 am

The Great Splendini wrote:Drift all you like
    From ocean to ocean
    Search the whole world
    But drunken confessions
    And hijacked affairs
    Will just make you more alone

And the worms will come for you

I can't afford the luxury of searching for anything.

And I'm addicted to being alone at this point.  Last thing I need is some bitch draining my energies.

My second manuscript is going to be finished today, the last word of the last chapter written.

Then begins the grueling process of revision and correction before it can be published.

But this time around I know far better what I am doing, so the the revision should be easier all around.  It's mostly going to be a matter of adding detail and recombining clunky sentences, as these 100k words are more like a skeletal framework.  

And I already have the cover and diagrams prepped for publication.  

Couldn't've done all that if I weren't going it alone.

I don't have the link, but listen to elderly Tesla's last interview, long after he was impoverished and riding out the remainder of his life.  He was far from the miserable, broken old coot the mainstream historical narrative portrays.  Tesla's language and the thoughts behind them in the interview are immensely profound.  He lived out his days in ectasy in the company of his own mind, a source of endless wonder and fascination.

I'm NOT comparing myself to Tesla here.  I write science fiction, but he worked out theoretical science fact and manifesting in reality the tech we use today to drive the modern world.  The internet we are using now even sprang from his mind, though he was derided for announcing such a fantastic concept in the 19 Century.  His work was just on the cusp of its potential before his career was destroyed by powers that viewed free unlimited energy as a threat to their profits.  Tesla was about to give it us.

I did a ton of electrical engineering research for this novel, where you can see the exact point Einsteinian "science" pulled us in the static morass of nonsense we're in today.  All they do today is refine the tech.  There are no major breakthroughs, and won't be, because the scientific theory and practice going into the research is corrupted by bunk.

I'm too old to dedicate mylife to electrical engineering and build on Tesla's work, if I even had a mind capable of doing so.  But what I can do is envision the next level of those advances and what such a society would look like.  Thus, I can produce hard sci-fi that is non-Einsteinian in flavor, something no other authors are doing.  It's netted me a following, albeit a small one.  I'm fine with that.

Hopefully too, the book is written in terms that can be followed by anyone.  All hard sci-fi is laden with "technobabble" to some extent, much of which can be glossed over by the reader and the plot still followed.  Hell, if I wanted meaningless technobabble there are Fiverr.com writers who produce an entire page  of that nonsense for $5.

eggraid

Re: The Worms Will Come For You, Sciency

Post  eggraid on Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:51 am

Maybe you should drink some hot water?

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:21 pm