Laid Bare!

This winter..

eggraid

This winter..

Post  eggraid on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:13 am

Im doing this:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6YcteE0u59c

I actually believe in it. Tapping in to the autonomous nerve system, controlling stress hormones with breathing techniques etc.

Already started doing cold showers in the morning with breath training. I can now hold my breath for 3+ minutes.

Cold training, physical exercise, meditation and fighting... that's it! Im going primal.

The Angel of God

Re: This winter..

Post  The Angel of God on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:46 am

Three minutes?  I'm impressed.

I've made it nearly to two before, but that sitting still.  Underwater and actively swimming I couldn't possibly go that long.

You're probably right; that's healthiest way there is to kill off large portions of brain cells.

Primal?  Sheet. I bet you'll be full on cro-magnon before long if you keep with it.   scratch

eggraid

Post  eggraid on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:43 am

Our bodies are made to endure cold. When we dont endure, the body tells us that all is fine and we get weak. So we get stressed for small things, catch colds and get tired easily. I strongly believe in exposi mg the body to difficulties, like that of extreme cokd. It keeps you on your toes and prepares your body for challenges.

When you move to asia - dont get weak
    The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:56 am

I'm totally addicted to tropical weather. Haven't so much as sported a jacket for well over two years now.

The altitude is high where I'm headed so that'll change, but still I've checked it out and it's fairly temperate.

I grew up in a wicked cold environment. From my observations, people who expose themselves to too many elements, like cold, wind, sun, etc end up prematurely aging and getting haggard looking way too early in life.

Sleep is the key to health, not exercise, IMHO. The more sleep the better. Oh and water, lots and lots of water.

Post  The Angel of God on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:02 am

Diet too. I eat a crapton of veggies and herbs, particularly fresh garlic and ginger. Most everything I cook is doused with vinegar and hot sauce. This makes a huge difference in how I feel.

In the US it's so easy to fall into bad eating habits cuz there's so much fantastic junk food everywhere. I have no use for empty calories. Gotta have those micro-nutrients and strong herbs to add some kick to my immune system.

Nobody I know can eat much of what I cook cuz it's so potent and flavorful. I probably go through a bottle vinegar every few days. I'll be back on the laocu (dark aged vinegar) once I'm back in China for sure. I really miss that stuff.

And the cheap yaojiu and baijiu. Probably be back on them on too. Surprised

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:23 am

I don't eat that many vegetables anymore because most vegetables taste like shit unless they are very carefully prepared. It takes quite a bit of work to get them to taste good. Otherwise, most people are force-feeding themselves shitty tasting vegetables because they think they are good for them.

They might be good for you, but I believe we have been brainwashed and their benefits have been exaggerated compared to other foods.

Yes, continue drinking 10 truckloads of cheap chinese baijiu every night. So it will offset any other benefits.

Exercise is necessary. Sleep too. But over-work is a big cause of health problems later in life.

And I also think that it's unhealthy to be in a place with drastic temperature changes.

California has the best climate. Tropical is too hot. You're always sweating.

The Angel of God

Post  The Angel of God on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:53 am

Living in Bangkok with no air conditioning, sweating and drinking tons of water was good for me. Got my walking in at night though cuz that sun is brutal.

Vegetables are full of micronutrients and taste fantastic if you know how to prepare them.  For me it's easy.  If they're tough veggies like cabbage or potatoes I nuke 'em a few minutes before I add them to the skillet/pot so I don't have to wait forever for them to cook.  It's all a combo of meat, veggies, and loads of herbs and spices and sauces.  My cooking rocks.

With no veggies it wouldn't work.  I'm lucky though cuz I have fresh picked organic stuff cook with.

California has good weather but it's full of assholes, which offsets any benefit of living there.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:20 am

you're running a marathon naked in the north pole, eggraid?

ha ha. good luck with that.

eggraid

Post  eggraid on Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:13 am

Nah, im skipping the north pole part. But i am going to do running here, in -15 celsius - in light clothes.

Apart from lack of sunlight, winter is a good season. There is a fresh feel to the cold, like that of having newly brushed teeth. Warm temperatures means sticky, sweaty clothes, bad smell and laziness.

Vegetables are the shit. Especially uncooked vegetables.
    Exercise is scientifically proven to be good for your health, it also increases intelligence and creativity.
    I combine strength training with bjj 4 times per week, i still consider myself physically young.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:21 am

You are an old turd and getting older by the second with all that anaerobic bullshit.

Only sleep keeps you young.

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:18 pm