Laid Bare!

Flat Earth

The Great Splendini

Re: Flat Earth

Post  The Great Splendini on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:46 am

>> With FE it's a lot of "what you see with your own eyes is what you get and anything you don't is A GIANT CONSPIRACY!"

Well, listen dude.

I gave you an example of flight times, which is easily observable.

Flights to and from Europe take the same time.

And the earth is spinning?

And you ignore this simple observation, and you come back to me with more physics.

I think you like to talk about physics just to make yourself sound intelligent.

If you don't like the word conspiracy, just replace it with CORRUPTION.

Yes, everything is potential bullshit because of corruption.

That's what makes the FE movement more than just about physics. It's about taking power back from organizations like NASA that are feeding us all the information, where simple people have done simple experiments to test things out for themselves.

Christ man, it takes me so much energy to get my point across every time I talk to you.

I feel like I'm wasting too much time.

Youtube is better. Someone starts a channel and there are hundreds of people commenting.

this is way too time-consuming to go back and forth with one person.

I AM DONE!

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:53 am

I'll post the quote again since you obviously missed it the first time.

"The average man can't prove half the things he chooses to speak of"
    - Damien Marley
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:54 am

Flights to and from Europe usually vary in time but it's due to wind currents not the spin of the Earth.

One vector is always on every object, straight down holding you onto a certain position on the surface of The Big Blue Marble.  Let's just call this "gravity" for lack of a better term.

If you want to move in any direction, you need to thrust in it and form a new vector.  Now you have two vectors.  One in the direction you are moving and the same old one holding you straight downward.

You can go from standing to walking in any cardinal direction and it's the same of amount of energy you'll need to expend from your leg muscles.  It doesn't matter that the Earth is spinning because you are spinning with it.

Again, you seem to think that this works for walking but the moment you jump into the air all bets are off and you no longer spin with the Earth which goes sailing under your feet at a thousand miles an hour.  But I'm trying to tell you that that same downward vector is still acting on you.  Being up in the air doesn't magically break you free of gravity... unless you do it at escape velocity.

Last edited by Psioncy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:56 am

"The average man can't prove half the things he chooses to speak of"
    - Damien Marley

ie including and especially YOU.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:03 am

>> It doesn't matter that the Earth is spinning because you are spinning with it.

Even if this were true, it couldn't possibly be true in the opposite direction the earth was spinning.

Or flight times would vary greatly.

You are full of hot air and nonsense.

You are a quack and a charlatan who talks about sophisticated physics and then makes ridiculous statements that don't make any sense.

And to repeat, you can't prove shit from shinola about anything you're saying.

You are nothing more than a quack and charlatan who is wasting my time.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:04 am

Put down your physics books.

And try to use common sense.

Which you are completely devoid of.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:07 am

Ok, I don't want to upset you, but this is pretty basic stuff, and it's very extremely true.

More obtuse and insulting quotes might you feel better about that. Whatever you need to do.

Don't forget your theory wants me to believe that we observe round, rotating bodies in the heavens (even before NASA) but Earth is some exception to that. We are in a disk with a big glass dome and surrounded by an ice-wall. The disk rotates at the north pole but for some crazy reason nobody can explain why stars rotate also in the southern hemisphere. It takes huge leaps of faith to go into this theory. But I hope it develops more because I like anything that challenges the Boing. In fact, I think this is a reaction to Einstienian/Boinger mysticism, this whole FEer movement.

The heliocentric model offers loads of explanations FE can't or is still bumbling around trying to.

Eclipses, Equinoxes, The Jovian Moons, Star Rotation, the existence of OTHER OBSERVABLE PLANETS, galaxies, seasons, astrological precession, the poles..... The FE is MONOPOLAR. Rolling Eyes

Boingerism gets way past that all that good stuff into whackadoo land, but you between FE and Heliocentricism, the latter offers a more elegant and comprehensive model of explanation. That's why FE got replaced centuries ago, not a conspiracy. The conspiracy was that it held so long.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:13 am

The Great Splendini wrote:Put down your physics books.

And try to use common sense.

Which you are completely devoid of.

I'm not throwing complicated physics at you here.  It's so basic it is considered common sense.

EU is the theory of common sense.  FE is the theory of calling everything a conspiracy if it doesn't fit their model.  Guess what, not everything is seen first hand by the naked eye.  The visible spectrum of light is a tiny fraction of the electromagnetic waves out there.  We need machines to see that stuff, and we've got them.  My guys also use them.

We draw the line at just making stuff up however, which separates us from the Boingers.

You FEers are more like, wahhhh! if I can't do the experiment in the tubby with my bath toys it's meaningless. Mad

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:58 am