Laid Bare!

Wars and Rumours of Wars

Psioncy

Wars and Rumours of Wars

Post  Psioncy on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:12 pm

The world is getting pretty volatile.  I follow this stuff and I did NOT see this war coming between India and China.  Well, it's not a war yet but the rhetoric is getting quite heavy and lots of people are saying will come to an overt military conflict between these two very powerful nations.

Also I'm not pleased with Trump's handling of the North Korean threat.  I actually think Bill Clinton had the best policy on this, managing to keep their wackiness in check with back room diplomacy and free goodies.  It's not ideal and I wish the people of north korea could finally know freedom, but that's an ideal result and there's nothing that leads to it directly without a lot of bloodshed.  

The South China sea tit for tatting is going on, and raises the very real possibility of a naval incident between the US and China.  Not that China would wage war directly on the US because they already know how very badly that would work out for them, but it could raise tensions which come out through proxy wars, like in the Cold War, and put our two nations on the path to becoming enemies.

I've followed antiwar.com for decades and I've never seen it this bad. So many stories about war and killing.  Every day.  Syria, Iraq, Africa... etc.  The US is in about dozen shadow wars, all over the world.  So I don't think it's helpful when Trump threatens N. Korea.  Yeah, I know NK is threatening us, but they always do that.  If those missiles go at Guam like they're threatening to launch, it can go without saying what a shitshow they're in for against  US military might.  And then the NK soldiers storm over the DMZ and South Korea gets stuck in a land war which will be absolutely brutal.

And every destabilizing scenario will trigger more destabilzation and power grabs in the new "Great Game."  This is how world wars start.  Scary stuff.

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."
    Psioncy

Re: Wars and Rumours of Wars

Post  Psioncy on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:50 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/video/us-must-act-superpower-avoid-202631767.html

Yeah this guy is already talking about China and the US being enemies, as though they want NK to make problems for us.  I don't agree with that.  I think the Chinese mostly regard NK as a pain in the ass themselves.

The media in this clip is trying to prepare people for the absolutely brutal war that will go down with NK.

Talking about how we have to "get over" stuff like civilian casualties.  He's right about that actually.  War is about killing and the MSM has managed to sanitize it to a level the public can deal with, but war remains war.  Talk to some of these vets who've been in Iraq and Afghanistan.  They'll tell you things that make your soul shudder.

NK is also painting us into a corner if they launch missiles at US soil.  There's no choice but to respond, and like what this guy is saying, that response is going to be some very dirty business that leaves a trail of carnage and human suffering in its wake.

This is a theme in my series.  The cost of war.  There's a new order that views the old ones "status quo" as untenable, a poisoned rotting peace.  The old order, OTOH, keeps insisting that even highly corrupted stability is better than the alternative.  But, see, I'm writing about a fictional war in another solar system, so I can have fun with it.  This real stuff here on Earth is what deeply troubles me.  There's nothing fun about it.  War is awful and should be avoided even by great lengths if possible, even if it means long shitty slog of dirty diplomacy.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:45 pm

The North Korea stuff is completely fake news.

I don't believe Kim is threatening the US in any way.

It's all completely fabricated made up news.

There might be bombs dropping, but the news is fake.

Put it this way.

You are the dictator of a country. You have unlimited power. No one can elect you out of office. You will start a war with the world's most powerful country and risk getting yourself killed and losing power?

A small country threatening a big country is like you going to a zoo and starting a fight with the lions.

FAKE. NEWS.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:39 pm

china could be a more dangerous place to be for westerners though.

anti-western sentiment could rise.

and that's always been a problem with china. they have minor conflicts with a lot of countries that the nationals of various countries could be targeted.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:07 am

The Chinese consulate rejected my docs because my diploma had an "Apostille seal," which is the notarization the Secretary of State uses for diploma authentication internationally. Turns out I need a non-apostille Sec of State seal. Rolling Eyes Neither my agent in China or the dumb one here knew this. He even submitted the doc to the consulate.

Then the agent in China starts lecturing me about the South China Sea situation, and how Philippines is trying to claim "their" sea. This is all because the Hague ruled against China, so China has declared the Hague illegitimate. It is also the international body the Apostille system works through.

How the hell was I supposed to know all this? The agents are incredibly incompetent on both sides. I'm having to study all this and call the government and do all this bullshit cuz they don't know what the F they're doing. Rolling Eyes

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:17 am

This has got to be the reason there are so many jobs available in China. They're made the visa application into a nightmare. It must all be done from home country too, and it takes months. Fkn fedex is making a fortune off my yet-to-be-employed ass, as are the completely incompetent agents I'm being forced to use. Really, they're driving me bananas with this. They had my doc for over a month and could see the seal and I referred to it over and over again in detailed correspondence with them. Now they're trying to point the finger back at me and lecturing me about how shitty the Hague is. WTF?

Basically the whole timeframe of my life has gotten delayed because of this bullshit, because of Philippines taking China to court. Rolling Eyes

You expect these agents to know their job because it's THEIR JOB. Yet, amazingly, they don't.

I don't agree with you about North Korea. They have stated they will test fire missiles at the US Island of Guam, meaning a massive loss of face if they don't do it. And if they do, it's gonna be war.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:21 am

I'm not that worried about myself and the NK situation.

All the Chinese I talk to are not at all fond of NK and think they're nuts just like the rest of the world does.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:26 am

It's the worst time ever to apply for a job in China.

Also, the procedures are still changing and no one knows what they are.

Probably eash PSB will request slightly different forms.

And they're all on power trips so it has to be exactly the way they want it.

But once you get approved, renewing it in the future should be easier (I think .... since you only need to get an apostille once ....). There is one thing that I wonder about though. The Police Clearance is not generally valid for more than 1 year. So do you have to get a police clearance apostille if you renew your visa after one year or change school? If so, you will need to go back home. But actually, some of this shit can be done by mail. There are companies that provide the service, but they're quite expensive. But if it's just the police clearance later on that needs to be re-done, it's not that bad.

And I heard China is considering handing out 5 year work permits in the future ...

Also, I think South Korea has been requiring apostille for many years.

And Middle East as well. But Middle East is crazier. They ask you to get your high school transcripts authenticated.

Myanmar is the most lenient. You don't need shit to work there. They don't check anything, so teachers with criminal records probably go there.
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:42 am

No, China does NOT ACCEPT APOSTILLE.

I found this out the hard way, by getting it rejected.  The apostille international system or whatever it is connected to The Hague, which ruled for the Philippines and against China in the South China Sea Dispute.  Thus now the Chinese gov does consider them a valid certification.  Even though it's done through your home government, it's still connected to this.  I have to get a different "standard" state notary from the same Secretary of State government office.  This is, of course, after getting local notary.

See cuz next it goes to the agent who submits it to the consulate for their notarization.  Then the school in China can actually begin applying for my m'fkn visa.    Mad

Yeah, police checks need to be current.  I had to get another one and get the seal of the Secretary of State on that too.  

The renewals had gotten worse before I left.  I was having to submit my passport a month ahead of time and jump through more hoops on that too.  

It takes months, and yeah this is why there are so many jobs now.  It takes months and must be done from home country.  in the meanwhile you're *waiting* for the job and still shelling out for notaries, fedex, and agents.  Then they want you to buy a $1000 plane ticket, come there and rent an apartment with three months advanced rent, and work your first month without salary cuz of the way they hold it back.  It costs a bloody fortune, and being an ESLer is not the most lucrative occupation to begin with.

I've got them fronting my airfare and giving me an apartment, so good 'nuff.  That was hard to find though.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:44 am

I'm really hoping they have free meals at the schools cuz otherwise it looks like I'm gonna be fasting my way through the first month there.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:15 am

Notarized through a notary and then the local Chinese consulate.

Follow the instructions they give you.

Maybe you only need to go through the process once.

You're in your home country anyway.

Yep, don't go broke man. The more broke you get, the harder life becomes.
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:47 am

Notarized locally THEN notarized by the Secretary of State (but can't be Apostille) THEN notarized by the Chinese Consulate, then you can apply for the visa.

I've been following instructions but these agents I'm dealing with are like the three stooges.

I shit you not, I'm dealing with notaries in three different state govs and two different consulates, all through three clueless agents.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Here's what China has to say at this point:

"China should also make clear that if North Korea launches missiles that threaten U.S. soil first and the U.S. retaliates, China will stay neutral," the Global Times, which is widely read but does not represent government policy, said in an editorial.

"If the U.S. and South Korea carry out strikes and try to overthrow the North Korean regime and change the political pattern of the Korean Peninsula, China will prevent them from doing so,"

The only problem is that a retaliatory strike won't be enough to take out their ability to keep producing missiles and warheads to lob at the US.  Worse, it could set off an overflow of NK troops over the DMZ and a ground war between the North and South.

The bizarre thing is that we're still officially at war with N. Korea.

I'm against all the regime change, destabilizing, and nation building.  It's reaped nothing but chaos, death, and terror in the Middle East.  However, if they are just going to keep building tech and firing it at us, a round of airstrikes isn't gonna do the job either.

Trump ratcheting up his rhetoric is not the right move.  Kim wants that.

Not to sound like a pussy, but I  almost think it would be better to lift sanctions and let them have their baubles than to stand on principle and risk what could easily turn into a horrific conflict.  It would spare the most civilians.  Give them grain and baubles for concessions on their missile programs.

Fixing it proper would take too high a human toll.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:18 am

>> Trump ratcheting up his rhetoric is not the right move.  Kim wants that.

You mean Kim wants to commit suicide?

Are you his psychologist?

How many times I gotta tell you?

Stop believing the bullshit news.

The storyline is way too implausible to be taken seriously.

Kim taunting the US is like you going to a zoo and taunting the lions.

Kim is a pussy just like you and doesn't want to die.

And yes ... the 3 stooges is what it takes to get a visa.

See you around, Larry Curly & Moe.
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:23 am

No, I'm actually basing that on what I've read of Korean history.  The "Hermit Kingdom" is just that, traditionally isolationist.  Everything is about itself. It's like "Zhong Guo squared" in that respect.  It's been divided now for seventy years and all they really care about is reuniting it... under Kim's rule of course.  The South and everyone else prefers the status quo to that, but in the North they are not thinking that way.  They don't give two fucks about China or the US or anyone else really.  They're not acting insane and irrational to prove a point.  They *really* are that insane and irrational.  In fact, even a counterstrike by the US would be enough excuse for them to flood the south, so it's good enough.  To those crazy fuckers it's worth getting airstruck or even nuked by the US.  Remember, this is a war that never ended.  We've been in a truce for seventy years, and the North has gotten more hermity, isolated, kooky, etc in that time.  China went through some rough cult leader stuff with the Cultural Revolution, but things have progressed since then.  North Korea went other direction and got continually kookier.  Dear Leader was brought down from Heaven by magic swans.  They've even a got a unicorn mixed into that somewhere. They are not living in the same world the rest of the planet is more or less aligned to, and they are not going to behave like a country that is.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:37 am

The Great Splendini wrote:

Stop believing the bullshit news.

I get news from a wide cross section of news sources across the globe, and yeah I know they've each got their agendas.

Don't make go through the same thing with you as I did with Eggraid's dumb argument that nobody can form ideas based on reading stuff... and therefore must operate solely off of ignorance.

That's dumb as retard fucks.

Not everything reported in the news is "fake."  This escalation with NK for example is really occurring... however there are some hopeful backchannel communications going that might avert the worst of it.  I know that from "reading stuff."

If you and Eggsy want to declare everything so corrupted that we cannot operate off one word of it, then who gets to be the arbiter of the truth?  Moreover, how can anything be discussed at all?

I'm a discerning reader and a free thinker who takes things with their requisite grain of salt.  It's not all 100% bullshit out there.  What's worse, you go and replace a lot of it with the most far fetched conspiracy fluff you can get your hands on out there, making it even more challenging for people to discern truth from fiction.  You know, like when the counter arguments they're reading all lead back to lizard people and ice-wall guards, they're more likely to go with the MSM/government narratives.

Last edited by Psioncy on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:38 am

>> They're not acting insane and irrational to prove a point. They *really* are that insane and irrational.

No they aren't that insane.

Small countries the size of Nebraska do not threaten the most powerful country in the world.

Think about it. If you were the leader of a country with all that immense power, why would you jeapordize it by taunting the world's most powerful country and risk getting yourself killed?

It's all fake news.

It's a ridiculous implausible preposterous story.

It's a joke.

Kim is an actor.

And this is a scripted movie with a really bad plot.

Not that war won't happen.

But the storyline is complete bullshit.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:40 am

ISIS is a relatively small group and they've successfully declared war on and are fighting a war against the United States. Kim has actual ICBMs and nuclear warheads.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:03 am

Psioncy wrote:ISIS is a relatively small group and they've successfully declared war on and are fighting a war against the United States.  Kim has actual ICBMs and nuclear warheads.

Yeah, ISIS is a real fuckin' threat !!!

Are they outside your home right now?

Look over your shoulder when you go buy milk!

Make sure you sleep under the bed!!

Don't take any chances!

Believe all the bullshit you watch on CNN!!!

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:09 am

I have some ideas about North Korea.

But I ain't talking to you about it.

Because you never believe anything I say.

I can't keep talking to people who don't believe anything I say.

I will stop talking to you.

And since politics and science keeps coming up, I will get off this fucking site for once and for all.

I told you ISIS was CIA like fuckin' 5 years ago.

Go on Youtube and watch 12 hours of "ISIS is CIA" videos.

And then we can talk further.

But since you won't do that, I won't talk further.

North Korea is another bullshit, but you can't grasp big bullshit until you grasp smaller bullshit.

You're still not even sure about 9-11, right?

Fuck this shit.

Conspiracy 101, man.

Take your head out of your ass.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:16 am

ISIS is a serious terrorist threat in Europe and it sucks these days to be Syrian, but no I'm not walking around worrying about my personal safety because of them.  I also maintain that we created them and all that history I've laid out before.  ISIS also doesn't have ICBMs or a nuke... yet.  We would know because they would use it, probably immediately.  

I don't read CNN or source them for anything.  They're one of the most biased organizations out there, right alongside the likes of the New York Times.  In fact their ratings have slipped so bad, they get beat out with re-runs of cartoons on their best days.   Razz

All you can do is bash me for talking about anything, usually with frenzied inapplicable accusations.

You realize that you can go right ahead and offer up your own ideas -if you had any.  I might refute them, and that would piss you off. Rolling Eyes

You see, Pi, I can deal with you disagreeing with me, even insulting me non-stop like you are.  But I think you'd post a lot more insightful stuff if you toned the rabidity and cynacism down about ten notches and refocused that energy researching *varied* sources to formulate more informed analyses of your own.  And, no, I don't mean a steady diet of Alex Jones and all the vitamin snake oil he markets along with his stories.

Did you know that dude is filthy rich from selling all those BS ass supplements to his followers?

I'm not saying he's never done anything insightful, he has.  But you need more sources dude.  A cross section.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:36 am

I don't believe EVERYTHING alex jones says.

He is a snake in the grass. He creates fear and then preys on people's fears and profits from it.

He is a horrible human being and I don't listen to him much.

But it doesn't mean all conspiracies are bullshit.

The North Korea story is not plausible. In fact, it's absurd.

It is exactly the same as you going to a zoo, opening the lion cage and taunting the lions. The outcome is predictable. You will get yourself killed.

Kim would not do that because he wants to eat caviar and get laid. He can't eat caviar and get laid if he's dead.

Big fish eat little fish. Not the other way around.

North Korea is smaller than Nebraska.

No country leaders are that 'crazy' that they would taunt the world's most powerful country knowing they will get themselves killed.

The story is A JOKE. It's FICTION.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:00 pm

I'd glad you're taking your does of salt with Alex Jones.  Actually, I think some of his stuff has been helpful, while a lot of the rest of it has been marketing and hyperbole to sell his bullshit.  

Here's where you are wrong.  The Korean War was real.  It also has not ended.

Here's where I think you are right.  This isn't *entirely* about the bluster.  The NKers want sanctions lifted, mainly so their ruling class can get their luxury goods. I say give 'em to 'em.

Here's where you are again wrong.  It is possible to believe your own rhetoric and they do.  They've conducted missiles tests before and it is confirmed they have nuclear warheads.  This is not disputed by anyone except possibly you.

The problem is that the Korean War and WWII was so long ago, nobody can think on those terms any more, but NK is developmentally retarded and, yes, they are.  For all their development and tests, what matters is the moment they launch at US soil, which I'm thinking they are really intending to do.

Bill Clinton paid them off, and I think that's what we should do now.

Ideology can counter rationality, as per my ISIS example.  NK being kept at bay doesn't mean they're going to be rational about this.  If their missiles can hit Guam or Hawaii, the US Empire has no choice to wage war.  Then China is again involved and so on down the line to a world war.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:04 pm

You think none of this matters, but if you lived in Seoul you would.  The threat is very real.

NK has a powerful military force and lots of deep bunkers for their command.  Their land forces would reap havoc in civilized S. Korea. The land war would go on for quite a while.  North and South Korean civilians will end up paying the price for it in unthinkable human suffering.  Not worth it, IMHO.

Don't worry, Canaduhhhr is no immediate danger.  Go ahead and insert another hockey stick up your ass to keep comfortable. Rolling Eyes

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:16 pm

How fucking dare you bring the sacred sport of hockey into this?

This. Means. WAR!

You need to worry about ME sticking a hockey stick up your ass much more than Kim.

And you ain't seen my funky hair cut yet.

Be afraid!

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:59 am