Laid Bare!

thought this guy was gonna kill me

The Great Splendini

thought this guy was gonna kill me

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:24 am

every human being has ONE or MORE "things" ... sensitive issues ...

that if you bring it up .... they want you dead.

this guy i was talking to has been investing in the stock market all his life.

and i told him it's all a big SCAM.

whoa!

Psioncy

Re: thought this guy was gonna kill me

Post  Psioncy on Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:03 pm

Question is, has he come out ahead long-term.

There are people who do it, day traders and the like.

Most regular folks take a hit, cuz it is a scam run by the big boys with the power to manipulate the market.  They can get lots of rubes to buy in right before a drop, then make money with selling short and the like, use that to buy the stock back up when it bottoms, then profit again on the uptick.  The average investor is getting swept along in a rigged system, but *some* little guys do make a consistent living with it. Wish I could. I'd love to be back in Thai sitting outside a guesthouse sipping ice-water and subsisting off what I do on my laptop.

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:44 pm

not sure.

i guess there are ways to make money despite the fact that it's rigged.

but i haven't figured it out.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:16 am

I stepped in once.  I bought this stock that was getting pumped online and like a sucker I bought into it.  Then it got dumped and became next worthless.  So worthless it wasn't even worth selling it to cut my losses cuz my $400 got reduced to like $4.  I just sorta forgot about it.

Six months later I randomly thought to check it, and I was lucky cuz it was right in the middle of another pump up.  I immediately sold and got back like $700, which I was in desperate need of at the time to pay for rent and car repairs and shit.  The next day it dropped backed down to pennies again and stayed there.  I lucked out, basically, by catching it on the upswing when the controllers were playing another one of their pump and dump games.

So, I've come out ahead in the game, but I recognize that it was almost pure luck.

I haven't tried it again since, mostly cuz I always need the entirety of my income (or more) to keep up with basic survival.  Capital investment is for people earning more than needed to cover their base necessities, and the economic system is designed to keep people right where they are, fretting about survival and unable to advance.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:18 am

No actually some people are doing quite well financially.

Going to China and staying there so long was a bad idea.

We're stupid and we made bad decisions.

Also, you really do need to take responsibility for your (other) foibles, like drinking.

And for your life in general.

And stop blaming the govt for everything.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:47 am

Being responsible doesn't mean I don't get to blame anyone.  Rolling Eyes

Of course I'm responsible for it.  Nobody else gives a shit.

You're deluded if you don't think the system is rigged.  You want to blame yourself for everything, but I think that's lazy.  "Poor decisions."  I've made the right decisions, worked hard, blah blah blah.  None of it f-ing matters.  Working my ass to be poor and the finger always wagging at me from above blaming and shaming me, all come from people who have no shame nor any idea what's it's like to be trapped in the lower class.  Fuck them and their platitudes. 

Blaming me is useless, be it me blaming myself or anyone else blaming me.  The blame sponge is saturated.  I'm all blamed out.  And the way I figure it, if I've earned *anything* in this life it's exoneration from that, so I grant it to myself.  The world will have to find something else to with all its misplaced blame cuz I'm through with it.  

Yeah I know the world doesn't give a fuck, but my point is that neither do I, and that's one game I absolutely know how to win at so the world is gonna get deservedly fucked for starting this shit with me.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:59 am

You're gonna fuck the world?

How are you planning to do that?

You figured out how to travel through a worm-hole through the time-space continuum into another galaxy and start a war with your inter-galactic space lizards?

Get your army of fucking unicorns ready, motherfuckers.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:28 am

well, there's a whole lotta people in houston who just got fucked.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:38 am

Yep, and most of the 20% who had flood insurance probably ain't gonna get paid neither.  Not that I care.  I don't even have a home to get fucked out of the insurance with.  That'd be a life of luxury AFAIC.

I can't really say how I'm fucking the world exactly in, like, specifics per se, but anyone who is paying attention can see how it keeps getting more and more fucked up so obviously I'm doing something right.

Even the cats are racist now.  

All part of the plan.  Twisted Evil

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:22 pm

well, i'm considering to get revenge on employers who fucked me over in china.

but not if i go back ....

i'll have to wait to make sure i'm not going back there.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:45 pm

anyway, take care.

i'm gonna go try to find a girlfriend.

i'm sick of talking to men online.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:32 am

The Great Splendini wrote:well, i'm considering to get revenge on employers who fucked me over in china.

Smart. I've got plenty I could justifiably go for revenge against. But look where that leads. The CTFU guy on TBJ is batshit bonkers from never-ending revenge against chinese employers, just raves like a lunatic, starting new smear websites and making a general ass out of himself on TBJ. Very rarely do they actually pay a price for their practices.

Letters to the PSB, FEB, or other government agencies might get something done, maybe.

The best you can do is post something online warning other teachers of a certain school's illegal/unethical practices, but that's more a public service than getting any kind of payback.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:46 am

The Great Splendini wrote:anyway, take care.

i'm gonna go try to find a girlfriend.

i'm sick of talking to men online.

This place is a dead zone for dating.  Everyone is either elderly or married.  There are various druggies hanging around that might be single, but I'll pass.  

If you think you can find one where you're at, good luck to you.  For me, I'd rather cut my losses than expend a bunch of energy in an environment not suited for dating.

There's nothing wrong with talking to other men online.  Women can be intellectually wanting, as you may have noticed. That's why you see so few of them in forums and comment sections.  I mean, sure, they're good for the obvious stuff, obviously.

I don't even care right now.  I couldn't afford a date, let alone support a GF in this state of disempowerment.  Thailand also turned me off to sex a little due to sex = money mentality so prevalent there.  Like if I had it to do over, I'd be happier hanging out at the guesthouse lobby and buying food for Crazy Chick and just doing my thing every day rather than playing the sex game or looking for a GF in a place where most of the available women are not suitable for any kind of relationship.  I've never "found" a GF in my life anyway.  They always find me.

Little chance of that here, but once I'm back in China I'll see what develops.  Not going to be much in the way of a dating scene where I'm going, but it is China, so I'm guessing at least one appealing female will come my way.  I'm gonna go for a part time GF and call it good.  I don't have the energy, inclination, or money to be out playing the field.  I'd rather focus on my hobbies.

Getting a nut off is great, but it's not worth diverting so much of one's energy into.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:50 am

Psioncy wrote:
    The Great Splendini wrote:well, i'm considering to get revenge on employers who fucked me over in china.

Smart.  I've got plenty I could justifiably go for revenge against.  But look where that leads.  The CTFU guy on TBJ is batshit bonkers from never-ending revenge against chinese employers, just raves like a lunatic, starting new smear websites and making a general ass out of himself on TBJ.  Very rarely do they actually pay a price for their practices.

Letters to the PSB, FEB, or other government agencies might get something done, maybe.  

The best you can do is post something online warning other teachers of a certain school's illegal/unethical practices, but that's more a public service than getting any kind of payback.

I'm thinking to contact govt directly. When you attack people though, they might attack you back. It is, after all warfare. So I gotta plan it carefully.

There is already a black list of Chinese schools online. Some schools in China hired hackers to take it down. So the guy had to set up his web site somewhere where hackers couldn't get to it. Not sure how he did that. It is helpful. If you're applying for a job, you can check that site ...

But clearly, it hasn't lead to any major overhauls.

And maybe a major overhaul is never going to happen.

But I would like to make some people high up in the education food chain lose face at least.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:57 am

China has two blacklists for foreigners, one official and one unofficial.

There's very little you can do legally, especially as a foreigner.  If you could hire a lawyer to push and navigate and expedite your complaints/allegations you might get somewhere.  

Otherwise write letters to the government and post warnings on public sites.  If I were to do it in a revenge mindset, I would focus on the illegal practices more than anything, rather than get readers all distracted with long, complex diatribes.  Also certain highly unethical practices, like trying to pass off non-native speakers as natives to kids, gouging parents for money with complete lies, and that kind of thing that works to the detriment of Chinese consumers.

Don't go at with any great expectation of reaping a significant impact on the company.  At most you'll get to shitify their reputation a little, which is something.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:24 am

>> Otherwise write letters to the government and post warnings on public sites.  If I were to do it in a revenge mindset, I would focus on the illegal practices more than anything,

Yeah, I'm thinking of sending letters to govt.

Lawyers are bloody expensive.

They don't really care about how foreigners were mistreated.

The "illegal practices" -- apart from treating foreign teachers like disposable garbage, which they don't care about -- are exchange of diploma for money. No need to do any work. Just register at a school and you are guaranteed a diploma. Absolutely no standards. A donkey can register in 90% of the schools in China and get a diploma/degree. And I am literally planning to use that analogy. Because it's literally true. If you offered a school money to have a donkey sit in their classes, your donkey would literally get a degree.

But you need to give them an 'incentive' to do something.

And the only incentive for anyone to do anything that I can come up with is making them lose face and making them feel ashamed of their low standards.

ie insulting and belittling their education system.

You know how arrogant these people are? The best weapon against arrogance is to belittle. They'll turn blue in the face and someone's head will roll.

Or it might totally be not only useless, but backfire against me.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:20 am

One my last students in China was a guy who had just graduated with a degree in Computer Science. He did not know how to write C++ code... or any kind of code for that matter. He'd hired a guy to teach him how to code in private lessons.

I worked directly for a well known uni. The students in the program learned virtually nothing, most didn't show up for class. I failed those who failed the exams, but the uni went ahead and passed them.

After years of butting my head with administrators, I gave up and just focused on improving the skills of those students interesting in doing so with what very little I had available, cuz that's really all you can do.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:37 am

Yeah, I know. I worked there too.

I know the drill.

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:56 am