Laid Bare!

A prayer: Hurricane Irma vs my internet

Psioncy

A prayer: Hurricane Irma vs my internet

Post  Psioncy on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:09 am

Let us pray.

Dear Lord, the meteorological soothsayers today announced that Hurricane Irma is projected to be on course for my location.  I'm enough inland and on high enough ground that there really isn't any chance of flooding, but this will surely cut off my internet.  I don't need an extended period of being stuck reading crude books made out of paper under candlelight like some kind of primitive cave monkey.  I think I've suffered enough in this life, TYVM.

Please divert this storm curve westward into the Gulf to hit New Orleans or Houston again.  Not that I wish ill on those places but come on they are already used to it and I need my internet.

Amen,

Psioncy

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."

The Great Splendini

Re: A prayer: Hurricane Irma vs my internet

Post  The Great Splendini on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:33 am

i'm sure it'll work.

god owes you one.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:58 am

Sheet, good point. If He "owes me one" I don't want to use it up on the hurricane. Rather go with a bag of cash.

Prayer rescinded.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:29 am

actually, god thinks you're an asshole.

for various reasons.

one of which is that you CHERRY-PICK verses from the Bible that suit your needs.

and don't deny it.

when I bring up the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse, you conveniently change the topic.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:39 am

When have I ever refused to discuss the Book of Revelation?

It reads like a very bad acid trip, but it's also the most poetic and kickass chapter in the whole Bible.

It seques with a lot of stuff Isaiah and Daniel too.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:45 am

I guess I read it differently than most people.

This antichrist emerges and brings peace to the world. But it's somehow a "fake peace." I don't know what "fake peace" means. If people aren't f-ing killing each other, that's peace, right? Anyway, this pisses God off to no end so he sends his Angels to pour vials of wrath upon the Earth, killing nearly everyone in the most horrific ways imaginable, which sounds a lot more violent than peaceful to me, but whatevs. Then He's done destroying the Earth, he makes a New Earth. And a New Heaven. I don't know why He needs a new heaven too, but def needs a New Earth because HE LAID WASTE TO THIS ONE.

I don't like the message. I think maintaining peace and keeping this Earth in tact is the right way forward. These apocalyptic types WANT all this destruction and suffering, just BECAUSE it's in the scriptures. I'm talking Zionists, Satanists, Evangicals, Masons, and the whole lot of them all in bed together over this shit. Fuck them.

God wants to teach us a big lesson about peace by attacking our planet and horrifically slaughtering us? That makes no GDM sense, so fuck him too.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:54 am

That's why these NWO types are so intent on taking over the M.E.  The third temple needs to get built in Jerusalem, along with a new Greater Israel that extends from the Nile to the Euphrates, all so the son of perdition can sit in the Holy of Holies and declare himself God.  Then the real God goes apeshit and starts killing everyone on the planet, men, women, children, babies.  Fuck 'em all.  The seas turn to blood and a third of the waters are poisoned with wormwood.  Pestilence, plague, war.  

The whole plan SUCKS.  

Sorry if I'm satanic for thinking we can solve problems in THIS world and keep it.  Or that we should at least try to.  Revelations doesn't have Satan attacking the Earth.  It's God and his Angels that do that.

I'm pro-Earth and pro-human. If that makes me anti-God/Heaven/Birdshit Angel, then so be it.

The people who want to move this prophecy forward are f-ing lunatics hell bent on the destruction of our precious planet.  Fuck them.  We destroy this one but don't worry.... we get a NEW one?  I may not be great with plans but I know a completely stupid one when I hear it.  That's also why a lot of the evangilical are so anti-environment, cuz they think it doesn't matter since the whole thing is slated for destruction anyway.  Suicidal nonsense.  What if the prophecy isn't true?  Ooops, we just ravaged our own planet for nothing!   Rolling Eyes

Look around.  They ain't any other planets FOR us to live on.  I'm supposed to just take the word of a sky genie that we'll get a new one?  

Better to stick with secular ethics and compassion.  Find solutions to war, environmental degradation, disparity, poverty, disease, famine.  Work in a productive direction for the good of mankind.  If God has a problem with that, whatevs.  It's still clearly the right thing to do.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:07 am

Honestly, I can't understand how christians read that book and somehow think God is the good guy in it. Satan is the good guy. Sure, the prose makes him sound shitty, but as for what actually happens in the narrative, he is the good guy. God is the one attacking the Earth. I mean sure you can make the argument that God owns the Earth and can do whatever he wants with it. But, like, if you owned a habitrail and decided to slaughter all your gerbils and hamsters one day to teach them some kind of lesson, you would be a giant asshole for doing that.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:33 am

God must be POed at me.  The State of Florida just declared a "state of emergency."

They have these big tropical oak trees around here.  The branches are gigantic.  The only problem is they fill with water and break off, killing people.  When I was here couple years ago some lady died when one fell on her car.  A lot of the locals like the trees cuz they provide shade, so it's a big issue locally cuz other people, like me, see them as a hazard.  I just heard two my neighbors arguing about cutting down a branch cuz he didn't want it falling on his house.

This is no minor issue.  Four houses on this block were destroyed by these trees during the last big hurricane to hit.  My father is smart and legally forced his neighbors to cut that shit down and there are no trees on this property.  It's not about being anti-environment, it's about not wanted to get killed or have your house destroyed by a fkn two ton tree branch.

The ground is high and drains steadily downhill, so there's no chance of the house getting flooded.  Also we have a generator.  There could still be damage from debris or whatnot.  People in trailers are evacuating, which is probably smart.  The trailers don't hold up well in 160 MPH winds.  This one is already Category 4 and is expected to hit us full force.

All it takes is a light breeze and moderate rain to knock out the internet here. It doesn't help that this is one of the most lightening struck regions on the planet.  I'm figuring I'll be offline for one to three days, most likely.  I guess I can still work on my manuscript since we have a generator.  I should download some offline games and movies and whatnot to before this bitch hits.  This is gonna suck wicked hard.

Hope God hands me that sack of cash soonafterward to make up for all this BS.   Mad

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:31 am

This is fucked up. The "strongest hurricane in recorded history" and it's headed straight for me. Rolling Eyes

My sis south of her swung by on her way out because they're having a mandatory evacuation.

I f-ing know I'm gonna lose power and internet. Got a generator and there's an old box of DVDs I can watch. That's assuming the storm doesn't blow everyone's roofs off. The wind force on this one is stronger than a tornado.

I've bunkered down for some doozies before, but this one is in a category all of its own.

When I'm president of the world I will make sure everyone has hurricane proof internet, or at least me. I don't really care about the rest of the world. That's probably why nobody should vote for me to be world president. That and the office doesn't exist. Yet.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:38 am

The power grid in Puerto Rico went down before the hurricane even hit. Dumb spics.

Dominica and Cuba are gonna get ravaged, but all the news talks about is the Virgin Island, Puerto Rico, and Florida. It'll be worse in Dominica and Cuba cuz they live in shanty houses with tin roofs and shit. The last one had its highest death toll in Haiti cuz of that, something like 500 people. That's what you get for practicing voodoo every day.

Assuming the roof doesn't get blown off the house, I'm fine. Got tons of drinking water and food. I think I'll make tacos. Wish I had some booze. If the storm is bad enough I could probably get away with burglarizing the shelves of the liquor store without nobody noticing.

The last time I was in a hurricane I took shrooms and hung out at a lighthouse, just getting battered. It was pretty awesome actually. Here I'm not so into nature. Last time one came through this area the alligators all came up out of the lakes and hung around people's residences.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:37 am

This superstorm is barreling straight at me.

Bring it on, bitch! Twisted Evil

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:45 am

I'm literally on the edge of a mandatory evacuation zone. The residences three doors down from me are in the zone but I'm not.

This is gonna suck bigtime.

Worst case scenario, the roof of the house gets ripped off.

Best case secenerio is that the liquor store collapses and all its inventory washes up on my lawn, along with my sack full of cash from God. That's a minimum one million USD and it should be sealed in a waterproof bag and all of it fully useable. If I get a bunch of soggy, useless, or counterfeit bills, I will be taking my case straight up to Heaven to prosecute you, Mr. God.

My advice: get yourself a good attorney.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:48 am

If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided to you by SK. Pro-boner.

His name is Robert Black and he will work both for and on booze. drunken

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:55 am

The European model is historically the most accurate predictor and it has got the eye barreling straight for me.  To exacerbate matters, the lake here has the highest and most concentrated alligator population in the world.  The last hurricane to tear through here saw them winding up all over the place, foraging around people's yards and stuff.  Should be interesting at least.

But even if I end up riding this out wrapped in a tarp and fending off giant reptiles, I'll still be bored without my precious internet.  Sad

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:37 am

It's also going to be a giant tree apocalypse. The last two destroyed several homes in this neighborhood with falling giant branches and trees. This one's expected to be considerably stronger than those. The dumb fuckers around here love these trees UNTIL some shit like this happens, which it always does once or twice a decade. That might not seem like much, but it's enough.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Nature, the Lorax, and all that jazz. I think trees are nice too, until they start killing people. Then you need to take them, preemtively if need be. My dad is smart and legally forced these yokels to take down any trees that threaten this property. Some of my other neighbors are fighting now over this same issue, but I'm safe. This business with the trees here is no joke. They fkn kill people. Fuck you trees!

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:43 am

I am literally doing f-all nothing to prepare for this.

I should go haul all the crap outside indoors. F-it, I'll do that tomorrow.

Beyond that there isn't much that can be done cept for getting everyting in the house up off the ground in case there's flooding, but that's unlikely here. We've got a generator and plenty of food and water, and the house is solid. IF the roof goes, also unlikely, there'll be a shelter about half a mile from here to go to. So I'm good. Most of the work is gonna be in repairing the damage afterward.

All that really matters is to have dry shelter and drinking water... and a backup plan in case that goes to shit, which I got too.

Ok, God. I'm waiting, bring it.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:49 am

The only issue I'm having is that I feel obligated to check on the neighbors, cuz there'll be no com signals during this event and a lot of them are elderly. So if one gets tree-ravaged or something, it'll be on me to 1. notice it and 2. do something to help.

That means I'll have to go walk around the neighborhood during the throes of the storm. Sheeet. That's gonna be some treacherous business. Shocked

Now they're saying this is the strongest storm IN HISTORY, even beating out the strongest typhoons on record.

There's no escaping it cuz Irma's diameter is 500 miles, greater than the length of the entire state of Florida, and I'm right in the path of all the projections for the eye.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:50 pm

Fake peace is when people WOULD LIKE to kill each other.

But external conditions imposed by the state make it difficult.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:54 pm

You did NOT bring up RB's name again.

Let sleeping dogs lie, you piece of shit.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:55 pm

Let me know if Irma fucks you up the ass or how the evacuation goes.

Whichever comes first.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:23 pm

The 'Great American Eclipse' was August 21.

Eclipses often bring destruction.

And then not one but 2 natural disasters right after.

Can't be coincidence.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:26 pm

Too many calls to 9-11

They can't answer them all.

That means there will be a whole lot of crime taking place as there is no way to call the police.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:29 pm

You're seriously in Florida now?

I just saw the map. It looks like the entire state is affected.

Fly the hell out of there. And don't expect the gummint to give you the best advice.

When Harvey threatened southeast Texas about two weeks ago, Houston officials opted not to issue mandatory evacuation orders, partly owing to lessons learned from those past problems, they said.
    Instead, Houston residents were told to hunker down in their homes. Of course, the city flooded and tens of thousands of people had to be rescued.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:02 pm

Largest evacuation in US history

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/08/us/hurricane-irma-evacuation-florida/index.html

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:57 am