Laid Bare!

Blade Runner sucks

The Great Splendini

Blade Runner sucks

Post  The Great Splendini on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:52 am

fucking over-hyped shit.

and when is hollywood going to stop putting fist fights into films to kill time and to replace something more creative?

fucking film cost me nearly 20 bucks and popcorn is like 8 bucks.

robbery.

eggraid

Re: Blade Runner sucks

Post  eggraid on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:19 am

Not seen it, didnt even know it was out

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:25 am

anyway, don't take my advice.

maybe there was something deep in there that i missed.

it SEEMS like it's a DEEP movie, but it wasnt'.

to me, anyway.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:50 pm

I only got halfway through it. It didn't seem *that* bad.

Everyone's railing on the new Star Trek too because the revamped the Klingons to be more alien, which they should be. All these f-ing aliens running around in space with humanoid forms and speaking English is dumb if you ask me. Nobody did but I'm saying it anyway.

I just couldn't get through Blade Runner cuz I'm too ADD on the internet. I watch some shit for five minutes tops, then hit pause and check email, play my game, read websites, etc. That's basically almost ANY movie. From what I saw of it, Blade Runner seemed all right. Worth watching... probably... if you're into "watching stuff" which I guess I ain't no more.

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:09 pm

Go pay $18 for a movie and $8 for popcorn.

And then give me your review.

All movies are ok when you download them and play video games while watching them.

If the movie sucks, you pay less attention and you're still occupied with something.

It IS that bad considering it cost 200 million to make.

That money could have been used to help out some people in need.

I'm all for spending money on creative projects, but people who blow 200 million dollars to make stupid movies need to be relieved of their duties and go clean toilets.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:03 am

I haven't been to a movie theater since.... I'm gonna say 2006 in Beijing with someone from the Beijinger forum who I can't even remember who she is anymore. Sheet, I'm *still* watching Blade Runner... into my third day now and still not finished. It's paused on stream at 1:49 out 2:15. I gotta remember cuz the video fucks up if you pause and go to sleep and you gotta start over. There's some automatic placemarking on the site but it doesn't work most of the time.

Movies and TV shows don't do it for me at all. Maybe if I had some pot but I don't know where to get pot around here. I could probably find some but then even if I did then I'd have to pay money for it, so it's really a non-starter. There's reboots and incredibly derivative work in the genres. I check the (pirate) listings and over and over again it's the exact same tripe, i.e. teenagers spend the weekend in a cabin horror flick and that ilk. Who the hell is watching all this fluff? A bunch of retards, that's who.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:08 am

Blade Runner isn't that bad, cinemagraphically speaking.  I don't particularly care for the main actor.  He has a douche face.  His holographic wife is hot as hell.

Harrison Ford should've just stayed out of it, and the new Star Wars.  They have to wreck everything that was once good with their dumbass reboots and origin stories, cuz apparently nobody can come up with an original and compelling series anymore.

I can only stomach irreverent cartoons/comedies.  Family Guy, Red Dwarf (new season, those f-kers are getting OLD), SouthPark, and shit like that.  "Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell" is a riot.  Check that one out instead of twiddling your pud if you're bored sometime.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:21 am

pot = escapism

face your problems like a man.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:36 pm

An empty and irrelevant platitude. The issue is not that I don't face my problems. The issue is that my problems won't face me. My problems are woven into the world by coward pussies who KNOW I would rip their fkn faces off the moment I saw them.

Also I don't use cannabis. That stuff is useless. It's one and only use is that it makes movies seem really good. How? Pot makes you retard stupid so the bar for suspension of disbelief is lowered to the level of current Hollyweird media. Otherwise all I can I see is the dumb, derivative, and overtly contrived scripting behind it.

I'm all about alcohol and sleeping pills cuz those get results.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:40 pm

What's wrong with escapism? You use it in varying forms, everyone does.  It's a natural reaction to the extreme suckiness of the world.

You mean to tell me you're as miserable as you portray yourself here without using anything?  That's weak.

Learn how to grow up and face your problems like a real man by abusing substances, will ya?

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:58 am

ok, that's true.

watching movies is escapism too.

some people claim to have taken pot for years and years and are high all day and still "function".

so yeah, go for it.

misery is a state of mind mostly. even when outer circumstances are bad, you can still shift your mind. i'm not perpetually miserable. but i don't need substances. and as a very smart guy wrote in a book i once read, depression itself is not something to be running away from or "cured", as long as it doesn't become debilitating.

your movie analysis of blade runner is totally useless.

the holographic girl is hot. so what? did they leave her number at the end of the film so you can contact her and fuck her? her character is vacuous like the holograph that she is. 16 year olds talk like that.

when the sopranos first came out, they were afraid no one would want to watch a bunch of 50 year old fat men on screen. turns out those 50 year old fat men are more interesting characters than the young good-looking Ryan Gosling types.

they keep bringing back actors like harrison ford for nostalgia. it's a marketing gimmick. because emotions are tied to movies. if you watched the first one,maybe it was the first time you made out with your girlfriend and so harrison ford brings back fond memories. it's the same reason all these fucking "oldies" radio stations exist. some people are trapped in their fucking 20s or 30s.
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:20 pm

I just saw the end, after watching it in 5-10 minute increments over three days. Final verdict, I agree with everyone on the thread. It sucks. It's nicely packaged cinemagraphic suck. Bringing back Rachel and focusing the story around Harrison Ford's character is weak. Instead of making a great film in the spirit of the original, they just drew back to it and didn't offer anything new, leaving a bad taste in the mouth. The original didn't need to be fucked with; it was great on its own. Ford got attitude and grit that doucheboy totally lacks. Even the villian dude just seemed like a millenial wannabe hipster douche trying to fill shoes way too big for him.

The problem is that in this information age, people think they know f-ing everything. Hollywood writers and the whole shitty industry keeps themselves in this rut with their "end of the line" thinking. We're not even close, it's just their collective belief that we are. There is incredible new content to created/discovered. It's like art and music. They go through their periods and get entrenched in certain aesthetics, until some creative genius comes along and breaks all the rules and propels things to the next level with a new movement. Hollywood is incapable of such a shift. US media culture is WAY too up their own ass now, their neural pathways blocked off in a thousand directions by PC mind control. And it shows... bad.

Instead of getting into Ford's daughter and old simulant GF, they could have done something along the lines of what made the original great. Not everything has to get spelled out. Not everything has to go into excruciating backstories. Art is evocative. The new Blade Runner is artless crap, albeit quite well rendered.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:35 pm

The Great Splendini wrote:

they keep bringing back actors like harrison ford for nostalgia. it's a marketing gimmick. because emotions are tied to movies. if you watched the first one,maybe it was the first time you made out with your girlfriend and so harrison ford brings back fond memories. it's the same reason all these fucking "oldies" radio stations exist. some people are trapped in their fucking 20s or 30s.

Dude, in 2015 I came back to hometown in Maine after decades of absense. NOTHING had changed. Same exact songs on the radio.

How could I live so long overseas but still get all the cultural references in shows like SouthPark and Family Guy? Easy. It's because it all comes from my youth. It's like after the turn of the millenia everything ground to a halt culturally. There's almost no commonality in the culture EXCEPT stuff from 20+ years ago. And without commonality, you don't really have "culture" per se.

Hollywood is crumbling. So many people are tuning out, just sick of it. Same with the mainstream news outlets. Good riddance, I say. Star worship and respect are going out the window along with it all, which is also good. It's a bunch of elite hollywood douchebags out of touch with normal people. The recent sex scandal about that jew weinstein or whatever and all the actors who covered up for him, like Matt Damon and Russel Crowe and all the evidence out there about the peadophile rings and all the perversion in the industry, the same industry that pushes their "moral" agenda. Most people aren't fooled anymore. Internet commenting makes that clear as crystal, which is why most of the mainstream sites don't allow it. Often times I just read the first paragraph or skim the article, then hit the comments, which are what I'm really after, where I might find a shred of truth.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:49 pm

Weirdly enough the net is railing on the new Star Trek, and I watched it and didn't think it was half-bad. The tech is dumb.  Like real dumb.  They have a fkn "spore drive" that traverses a network of mushroom spores that span all of galactic space... somehow.  Yes.  Space mushrooms drive the ship.

But I guess it's no more dumb than the rest of the Big Boing universe everything is set in.  No dumber than "bending space-time" to get where you're going or traversing "wormholes" that transport you millions of light years in an instant.  So, you know, I can live with the space mushrooms.

The spacesuits and some of the other tech are quite cool, at least to look at.  Better for them if they don't start 'splaining too much.  Keep that shit to a minimum please. I'm one of the very few people on the net that likes the show and I've already accepted a shroom-drive so don't push it any further.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:19 am

The recent sex scandal about that jew weinstein or whatever and all the actors who covered up for him, like Matt Damon and Russel Crowe and all the evidence out there about the peadophile rings and all the perversion in the industry, the same industry that pushes their "moral" agenda. Most people aren't fooled anymore.

What moral agenda are they pushing?

What evidence do you have of pedophile rings other than a bunch of people claiming there are pedophile rings on dubious news sites or blogs where people pick up information from dubious news sources?

Although there are pedophiles out there and possibly pedophile rings, it strikes me as suspicious that "they" would out "themselves" without there being some mind-fuck agenda behind it ... although I'm not exactly clear what that would be. Still, I don't take the Harvey Weinstein bullshit at face value.

And it seems to me most child sex abuse takes place within families. The people children need to fear the most are their parents. If you have fucked up parents, it's gonna be a rough life.

Hollywood? Meh ... Look, there are about 15 fucking actresses in all of Hollyood. They were abused as child actors? Is that what they're saying? More than likely, they might have had to suck a few dicks of some greaseballs to get some roles, but there's a whole lot of women out there would would willingly do that to advance their careers in all industries. So is this news?

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:22 am

Dude, in 2015 I came back to hometown in Maine after decades of absense.  NOTHING had changed.  Same exact songs on the radio.

People don't like change.

It's the same fucking CONVERSATIONS that take place over and over with most people.

You leave for 5 years. You come back and it's like you left yesterday.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:28 pm