Laid Bare!

Is the coming head transplant ethical?

Psioncy

Is the coming head transplant ethical?

Post  Psioncy on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:06 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/head-transplants-sergio-canavero-perform-164142880.html

At first I would go with a resounding NO ABSOLUTELY NOT to that question.  The results with the animals are very mixed and the patient could wind up in a horrifying state far worse than death.

I also have a big problem with the way they torture dogs and monkeys in medical research.

But then when you think it about it further, it's kind of unethical NOT to develop this medical technology, with all the paralyzed people whose mobility could be restored by it.

For this reason, I think if I were a patient in need of a new body, I would agree to it, provided they promised to keep me on lots and morphine and kill me very soonafter if it failed.

It's the same thing with the animals.  What they suffer from medical research is excessively cruel.  HOWEVER, if it leads to saving human lives, it's really more unethical NOT to do it, yeah?

Kind of a quandary this one.  Bottom line is that I think they should not do it until they have more definitive and refined results from the animal research along with some consensus from the international medical community.  But if it works, I'll have been wrong about all that, obviously.

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:34 am