Laid Bare!

Socializing with other people?

Psioncy

Socializing with other people?

Post  Psioncy on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:11 pm

I find myself in this weird position of being social with coworkers.  We're all going out to dinner in a while.  And we talk in the office and QQ and stuff throughout the day.  

In all my teaching jobs in Beijing I just went in and taught my classes and left.  If I was stuck with lapse in the schedule I'd go eat or smoke somewhere alone.  So this whole thing is weird for me, this whole notion of talking to people and doing stuff with them.

Even bars, I always go out alone.  Sometimes I meet people there and talk (though I seldom remember it.)  I did used to date quite a bit.  But that had a purpose, getting poon.  I never saw the point in "socializing" otherwise.  Now I do.  Cuz there's no store here and the food sucks, so when we go out I get decent food and can get to a store for smokes and booze, plus they pay for the restaurant meal on the company's dime.  So I guess I'm a "social" person now with a "social life."   Rolling Eyes

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."

eggraid

Re: Socializing with other people?

Post  eggraid on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:05 am

In china, thats how you are supposed to socialize, so yes, by those standards you have a social life. Something makes me believe that youre going to get insanely drunk and start ranting but trump and white people.

So how have you managed to get food so far then? They drive you to a supermarket where you get to buy stuff? Sounds like they keep you out there as a foreign pet
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:43 am

You know what?  I probably will get too drunk with them at some point ranting about Trump and white people.  And it will be FINE.  This is CHINA.  Don't nobody give a fuck.  They'll probably get a kick out of it and agree with me.

I can get to town.  It's just a bitch cuz I have to literally walk down a mountain and then look for a taxi.

The dining hall here is ridiculous and I laid the law with them yesterday and demanded a mini-fridge and a stove, which they say they will install today or tomorrow.  With that I'm fine.  I know how to cook.  

The girls kept telling me there's no store, however, yesterday I walked down the mountain and down an dirt alley-road toward some apartment buildings and found FIVE little ma and pa Nong shopletts that all sell liquor. (Everyone was playing mahjong in them.) There's also a shop that sells veggies, eggs, chicken, and pork.  The ironically stupid thing about that is that the girl who kept insisting to me there are no vendors lives in those apartments and walks by them every day on her way up the mountain to work.

I hate living on top of a f-ing mountain.  I bought some jingjiu at those stores yesterday.  Then I wanted more, but there was no way in Hell I was going to hike down and back up the mountain for it.

Which, thinking about it now, may be good.  Having only drank a moderate amount of liquor, I'm not suffering from a raging hangover this morning or deleting a slime trail of racist TBJ and FB posts.

Clearly, I'm gonna have to buy transportation at some point.  If it's an e-bike it'll need to be one of those hardcore ones with a double battery pack.  But even as things stand now, I've got shit handled.
    Work, living conditions, and soon food.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:00 am

The only problem I'm finding with this "social life" thing is how ming-bogglingly retarded the conversations are with these Chinese hillbillies. That turns into a good thing, however, when I we're speaking Chinese, because I can follow and keep up.

eggraid

Post  eggraid Yesterday at 10:48 am

No shit!
    Food is good?
    Food is good
    Food is good?
    Food is good.
    You should drink more water
    And so on
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Yesterday at 11:36 pm

It's not their fault. Imagine being born and raised in this retardland.

If any of us even can.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Yesterday at 11:39 pm

You know who's a retard? Pi. I'd like to kick that dude's.

And RB's.

Why don't you two pansy RAT-FACED m'fkrs come on over to Guizhou, China, where you will get your everlovingratfacedasses kicked. You motherfuckers.

At least Eggraid contributes something to the board. He knows more about this countryside shit than I do. I"m a beijingren. I will kick all your mothefucking rat-faced asses.

Yes. That's correct. I'm talking *directly* to you two morons, RB and Pi.

Fuck you m'fkrs!

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Yesterday at 11:40 pm

BTW: I'm drunk.

It took some doing, but I got there.

My tolerance is really high now.

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:34 am