Laid Bare!

Oh Dear God...

Psioncy

Oh Dear God...

Post  Psioncy on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:57 pm

You need to live close a decent yangrou chuar vendor to pull this off.

1. Get some good bread, *not* chinesee supermarket bread. Fresh or even reheated xinjiang nan might work, pita bread, or homemade flatbread, tortillas... any *decent* fresh bread without the preservatives should do.
    2. Whip up some yogurt w/ salt and herbs (I used fresh rosemary and parsley) in a blender. Oh, very important, squeeze 1/3 or so fresh lemon in there.
    3. Hot yangrou chuar, dabaoed.

Place the lettuce and a couple/few desticked yangrou chaurs on the bread. Top with the yogurt sauce, fold up and stuff into face. Oooooohhhhhhhh, just heavenly!

(Optional: I made a whole spread for this, with tuna olive salad, hummus, and a fresh herb and red pepper salsa w/ vinegarette. All went nicely together.)

Recommendation: Do this alone so you don't have to share with anyone! I even lit candles I love you
    silkywave3

sciency is a genius of cooking

Post  silkywave3 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:26 am

santa Enjoy cooking, enjoy life! flower

Banasty

Re: Oh Dear God...

Post  Banasty on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:18 pm

One thing that is good living out of China is that Western cooking ingredients are cheap.
    I have been cooking a lot.
    Psioncy

Re: Oh Dear God...

Post  Psioncy on Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:00 am

I can get everything here now pretty much. Probably paying a fair bit more, but I think's offset by the lower prices on chinese foods to the point where it all evens out.

Well, cheese is a joke for the most part, and decent genoa salami.

I'm doing a different food kick every week now.

Like it's all Italian for a week, then i play around wiht greek, back to Chinese, then mexican, then Middle eastern, Thai... with all kinds of cross experimentation. Most everything comes out fantastic.

I'm on a curry kick this week, discovered condensed coconut cream. Good stuff... sometimes i just pour a glass of it straight up.

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:36 am