Laid Bare!

Straighten the fuck out Ray....

Psioncy

Re: Straighten the fuck out Ray....

Post  Psioncy on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:55 pm

Aweseom show! Let's recall what it accounts...

NOW YOU GO BACK TO TBJ, ME AT YOUR BACK!

We can't lose!
    Psioncy

Trust me a little, i know how hard it is....

Post  Psioncy on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:56 pm

end our war and we are allies.........

That's an innumerable truth to me.

Psioncy

Can our alllies sustain Pi?

Post  Psioncy on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:01 pm

[quote="Psioncy"] we love you, first, our enemy![/quote="Psioncy"]
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:04 pm

"Fight us!" we love you and you die! That is the oriental response.
    Psioncy

First................

Post  Psioncy on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:05 pm

America will prevail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Psioncy

I lovw my country! U guys r gonna die. Love u........

Post  Psioncy on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Don't question me, my words are true!
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:35 am

The Great Splendini wrote:
    Psioncy wrote:
    The Great Splendini wrote:Here's a more detailed storyline.

1934, America. The Dustbowl. A fugitive named Ben Hawkins finds refuge within a traveling carnival comprised of a tarot card reader and her catatonic/telekinetic mother, a blind mentalist, a bearded lady, and conjoined twins, amongst others. The carnival is owned by the mysterious and unseen Management, who has designs on the young Hawkins, for the boy is concealing an untapped gift: he can heal the lame and raise the dead--at a price. Ben also finds himself disturbed by cryptic and prophetic dreams, which he shares with a Methodist preacher in California, Brother Justin Crowe. Brother Justin, convinced by his dreams he is following God's will, has begun to practice his own extraordinary talents, although the preacher's plans increasingly lead to disturbing and tragic consequences. In this "last great age of magic," Ben Hawkins and Justin Crowe are moving toward a great conflict between Good and Evil, although it not yet clear on which sides these men will stand.

Hey, I'm watching this series now. Pretty fucking fantastic, just like it sounds!

HBO is really skilled at producing these period pieces, right down the most minute details, and not lacking in compelling characters, acting, and storylines either. Boardwalk Empire is another one, really stunning work.

glad to hear you like it. thought you might.

still not sure why it only lasted 2 seasons. i was glued to the TV when i was watching it.

Yeah I just finished this series, it's the best gdm television I've ever seen in my life.

They should lynch somebody for canceling it!

At least season 2 concluded the main storyline satisfactorily, but we're still left with Sophie...

Mad
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:56 am

Compelling Characters: Ben Hawkins and Samson. These guys hit it off because of their plain-spokeness. I love the literal dialogues between them, straight and to the mark. Justin Crowe is also a powerful character, hiding something but oh so perfectly and with such conviction. Whoever wrote this masterpiece deserves some kind of an award.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:17 am

I'm watching "Deadwood" now. It's no Carnivale, not even close, but still pretty good...

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:22 am

Psioncy wrote:

Yeah I just finished this series, it's the best gdm television I've ever seen in my life.

They should lynch somebody for canceling it!

At least season 2 concluded the main storyline satisfactorily, but we're still left with Sophie...

Mad

yeah, i don't watch too many TV series. but i would say this is the best i've ever seen. very complex narrative. it takes you to another world.

the guy who came up with it is Daniel Knauf. He was an insurance salesman or something and bored with his life.

here he speaks about the cancellation:

http://savecarnivale.blogspot.com/2005/05/dan-knauf-speaks-about-carnivales.html

The fact is, nobody—-and I mean *nobody*-—would have even considered financing and broadcasting a show this expensive, this different, this technically challenging, even if the creator was a seasoned television writer-producer. The fact that I was an untested talent makes their courage all the more extraordinary.

True, like many of you, I am ambivalent: HBO giveth, and HBO taketh away.

I feel like a father whose baby was doomed in vitro, somehow delivered, treated and kept alive by a brilliant team of surgeons, only to see that same team yank the child off life-support just as she began to show improvement.

Do I think their decision was boneheaded? Yes, absolutely.

Do I understand why they made it? Again, yes, absolutely.

Carnivale was an expensive show. Costs-per-episode have been guessed at on this board, and in every case those estimations have been low. Way low. Carnivale, in fact, represented one of the most costly—-if not *the* most costly—-pattern-budget ever invested in a weekly series in television history. If anybody has any resentment toward HBO executives, consider this:

• They have a fiduciary responsibility toward their stock-holders;
    • The show was hugely expensive;
    • The reviews were mixed.
    • The audience was not large enough to support it.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:49 am

Psioncy wrote:I'm watching "Deadwood" now. It's no Carnivale, not even close, but still pretty good...

watch The Sopranos. lots of good characters, complex narrative, pretty funny at times. there's psychology. one of the best shows ever.

Psioncy

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Post  Psioncy on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:00 am

The new "Dallas" just aired on eztv.it! Episodes 1-4!!!!

I've only watched the first 15 seconds, but it looks *awesome* already!
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:33 am

LOL, the new "Dallas" is awesome.

My only problem is that they all use iPads and shit, which I still don't understand.

But I'm secure enough in my PCity to not worry *that* much.

Favorite quote:

Bobby's Wife: "They told me about you. But in my wildest imaginings I never imagined you'd stoop this low!"

JR: "You'll just have to work on ur imagination then, honey."
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:49 am

I recently rewatched "Carnivale". I've been on vacation without much else to do and still had it saved, so why not?

I'm doubly convinced now it's the greatest tale ever told on television. Even the ending, which many folks complained about, was satisfying to me. Not with Sophie of course, that's unresolved and yet to be told... but I mean between Ben Hawkins and the preacher.

Masterfully climaxed.... (spoiler) Ben Hawkins, if you followd his character, he was a perfect specimen of his time, the 30s, the depression, the dustbowl. He was a plainspoken and fearless farmboy. So when he impersonated the scarecrow, it was an elegant and fitting tactic. I was wholly satisfied wtih the result at least.

Shame they didn't continue the series. I'm watching Boardwalk Empire now, which is epic, but still not the scale that Carnivale was.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:14 am

glad you liked it.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:54 am

Very, very awesome. Tnks for recommending it.

DIRTBAG DONKEY-DICK SUCKER!

Jes' kiddin'.... Razz

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:13 pm

i only ever watched the 1st episode of boardwalk empire. i thought it was a bit dull.
    maybe i should give it another shot.

but sopranos it ain't. that guy's not a lead actor. not in the same league as gandolfini. and anyway, sopranos had so many good characters and the writing was witty and funny.