Laid Bare!

Fucking blocked sites

The Great Splendini

Re: Fucking blocked sites

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:59 am

Psioncy wrote: Question Hmmm... it seems like there's something more to this than you guys are letting on.

I just think it's crap how he bans you all the time, for *what*?

Ok, I'll keep my nose out of it if that's what you want. silent

He just doesn't like what I post.

There's nothing more to it.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:53 am

Psioncy wrote:

As a general rule of thumb, people don't like me very much.

I make people uncomfortable. I talk too much.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:40 am

People don't like me either, and I'm silent.

Certain folks have a way of misinterpreting that as I want to listen to them, you know people who expect you to sit there and play audience to their drawn out yapping. I don't tolerate it. I'll usually cut them off with some excuse to get the hell away from them, or just tell them directly they are talking at me too much and I'd like them to stop doing it.

People just seem to have this compulsive need for me to listen to them. I really don't get it, I only talk to convey information, or engage in the occasional meaningful discussion, I don't need anything else out of anyone. But folks take me as some kind of therapist to dump all their crap and confusion on. They're soul-sucking bastards is what they are. One day in an empath's shoes and they'd be wrecked by it. And since I can't turn it off, I constantly seek solitude, my only haven.

And it's not just their words, but their energies. People think I'm cold, but I'm just protecting my mind. I help who I can. In fact I help a lot of people sort things out, but there are limits to how much I can handle. There's only so much of me to go around, and a large amount of that resource is needed for dealing with my *own* issues.

Anyway Pi, being gabby on the net isn't so annoying, cuz if the post is too long or rambly users can just skim or skip it altogether. You're not a stalker or a spammer, so I think it's BS that they ban you. Big opinions, so what? That's what forums are for. If your opinions are such an issue for them they should be debating you, not taking the sissy route of banning you. My gosh, that's pretty fkn weak...

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:13 am

Psioncy wrote:People don't like me either, and I'm silent.

Certain folks have a way of misinterpreting that as I want to listen to them, you know people who expect you to sit there and play audience to their drawn out yapping. I don't tolerate it. I'll usually cut them off with some excuse to get the hell away from them, or just tell them directly they are talking at me too much and I'd like them to stop doing it.

People just seem to have this compulsive need for me to listen to them. I really don't get it, I only talk to convey information, or engage in the occasional meaningful discussion, I don't need anything else out of anyone. But folks take me as some kind of therapist to dump all their crap and confusion on. They're soul-sucking bastards is what they are. One day in an empath's shoes and they'd be wrecked by it. And since I can't turn it off, I constantly seek solitude, my only haven.

And it's not just their words, but their energies. People think I'm cold, but I'm just protecting my mind. I help who I can. In fact I help a lot of people sort things out, but there are limits to how much I can handle. There's only so much of me to go around, and a large amount of that resource is needed for dealing with my *own* issues.

Anyway Pi, being gabby on the net isn't so annoying, cuz if the post is too long or rambly users can just skim or skip it altogether. You're not a stalker or a spammer, so I think it's BS that they ban you. Big opinions, so what? That's what forums are for. If your opinions are such an issue for them they should be debating you, not taking the sissy route of banning you. My gosh, that's pretty fkn weak...

Yeah, I have exactly the same sort of issues. One guy last year was just sucking the fucking life force out of me. He would talk incessantly and expect me to not just listen, but feed his ego with admiration. I had to cut that out. But yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. Energetic vultures.

Yeah, the internet is fair game as far as I'm concerned. I'm not ramming anything down anybody's throat. Once you've read a few posts by someone, you can decide if you want to keep reading what they write.

You're right. They're weak. It's easier just to ban someone than have to put up with defending yourself.

Oh well.

I might just keep babbling here, even though it feels like I'm basically talking to myself.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:55 am

Yeah people need to stop enabling these egotistical motormouths. They try to demand you follow their thinking, in order to validate it.

If I start talking however, I get non-stop argument, advice, correction. People can't deal with my outlook and thought processes. Mainly cuz I don't hold with platitudes or other oversimplifications, religion, atheism or any other doctrines -I'm holding onto to nothing really, because I want the truth and that can't be seen by a mind swimming in lies. Those lies that people use to cope need a lot of upkeep, hence their agenda to impose their version of "truth" over the real thing.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:25 am

Psioncy wrote:Yeah people need to stop enabling these egotistical motormouths. They try to demand you follow their thinking, in order to validate it.

If I start talking however, I get non-stop argument, advice, correction. People can't deal with my outlook and thought processes. Mainly cuz I don't hold with platitudes or other oversimplifications, religion, atheism or any other doctrines -I'm holding onto to nothing really, because I want the truth and that can't be seen by a mind swimming in lies. Those lies that people use to cope need a lot of upkeep, hence their agenda to impose their version of "truth" over the real thing.

yep.

this guy i mentioned wrote a book. i was more than happy to listen to his views at first. i'm always on the lookout for fresh ideas.

but i quickly realized it was a sermon, not a conversation. woe to anyone who dares criticize this self-centered egomaniac and woe to anyone who has their own opinions that differ.

exactly what you said. he wanted someone to validate his opinions and tell him how great he is. fucking egomaniac shit.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:29 am

The Great Splendini wrote: If your opinions are such an issue for them they should be debating you, not taking the sissy route of banning you. My gosh, that's pretty fkn weak...

try criticizing your boss and see if he improves things or makes you disappear.

why not just take the path of least resistance?

it's a trick question.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:18 am

Yeah but mods shouldn't power trip like that, it looks bad.

When you sign up for TBJ you have to confirm a UserAgreement TOS, which is too pointlessly restrictive as to be enforcable. You could find a reason to ban anyone at any time in there.

So that leaves them back at square one. Making it up as they go, doing whatever.

At least here I have a practical standing mod-policy and can cite someone for a specific violation, rather than by "feel" as they do.

The mod is person with thoughts and feelings, prone to impartiality. So if you just let him go by feel, he's gonna overlook the behaviors of people he views favorably and crack the whip on people who irk him. And the forum has no balance, and people on the shit-end of the modstick aren't gonna want to keep posting there.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Psioncy wrote:Yeah but mods shouldn't power trip like that, it looks bad.

When you sign up for TBJ you have to confirm a UserAgreement TOS, which is too pointlessly restrictive as to be enforcable. You could find a reason to ban anyone at any time in there.

So that leaves them back at square one. Making it up as they go, doing whatever.

At least here I have a practical standing mod-policy and can cite someone for a specific violation, rather than by "feel" as they do.

The mod is person with thoughts and feelings, prone to impartiality. So if you just let him go by feel, he's gonna overlook the behaviors of people he views favorably and crack the whip on people who irk him. And the forum has no balance, and people on the shit-end of the modstick aren't gonna want to keep posting there.

It looks bad for who? Like anyone cares? Oh yeah, DaveyTree noticed that Chinese guys get banned a lot more easily for making anti-westerner comments.

Yeah, if they don't like you, it's not hard to find an excuse to ban you. And that's right, why would I want to keep posting there now? I really don't.

I don't care anymore. There's a few people you enjoy talking to, but then you have to sift through all the fucking bullshit. It's not worth it.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:33 pm

Psioncy wrote: Question Hmmm... it seems like there's something more to this than you guys are letting on.

The first time I got banned I was pointing out the site was partially responsible for the RB situation.

I guess they didn't like that too much. HA HA HA.

And the second time, I was pointing out there was too much anti-Chinese stuff on the forum.

What do you expect when the mod himself posts a negative thread about China every week?

I mean, it's politics. Nothing else.

And I don't want to be let back on the forum. And I don't want to speak to anyone.

I just think it's fair game to poke fun of the guy from time to time now that he played politics with me.

That's all.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:54 pm

I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum.

And I'm all out of bubble gum.

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:06 am