Laid Bare!

Fuck you TBJ!

Psioncy

Fuck you TBJ!

Post  Psioncy on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:33 pm

Yes, 100% of everything from all my accounts has been blocked by the spam filter for months on end.

Any account I've accessed from my home is targetted so that if I try to post from it from another computer later, I get exactly the same thing.

It's a really underhanded way to ban someone, just do it straight up. Like a man.

I'm pretty sure it's not admin, but I think he better reign in his staff, and screen them for sleazy shitbag tendencies til he nails the little weasel culprit and publicly bitch slaps her directly in the cunt 11 or so times.

Cuz, let's face it, his very own employees are making him look like a gigantic gdm tool.

Nothing's fixed today -not even since these cocksocking cheapskates upgraded their 1993 386 DOS machine to 8 MBs of RAM or whatever the F they were up to last night. Rolling Eyes

They are basically just shitting up their own ass, fuck them!

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."

Bombo28

Re: Fuck you TBJ!

Post  Bombo28 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:32 pm

Sciency why do you base your whole life existence on being able to post on TBJ?

It's kind of sad.

Bamb129

Post  Bamb129 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:35 pm

On the other hand, the poodles are so quick off the draw to get here it is truly amazingly sad tongue

Bumbi31

Post  Bumbi31 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:38 pm

Hi Poods!

I only read first person novels Sciency, but you seem to have the will to write, so get it down, whatever it is and keep going.

500 to 1000 words a day, drunk, stoned or sober, whatever helps you t get it down.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:52 pm

yeah, i admire you guys man. i've never been able to actually sit down and write shit.

sciency, if you read TBJ admin's post today, all the guy cares about is people supporting his sponsors.

fuck it. just forget about that site.

Psioncy

Post  Psioncy on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:16 am

I don't know, I find first person too limitting, like ur stuck in the mind of single protagonist and everything is boxed into his perspective.

Third person allows you to explore the minds of other characters and makes for more dynamic storytelling IMO.

I try to keep the narrative voice as toned down as possible, as each chapter is written from a different chars point of view and the language adjusted accordingly.

I know that's supposedly a big no-no in writing, because readers tend to mostly identify with a single character and are comfortable with that arrangement, but i think i make it work, and I've had some people read the story as it stands thus far and their feeback was mostly positive, that they were able get into the swing of it after a couple chapters in. I got a bit over technical with the science stuff and have been trying to tone it down, cuz from the feeback i've gotten I've found it tends to alienate normal readers. Well, not Sci-fi readers obviously, but I want to appeal to broader group because the tale being told is not strictly sci-fi, it's also an analogy to present day geopolitics laced with humor and social commentary, and it's built on spiritual and philosophical underpinnings as well. So you know, i don't want to see this work pigeonholed into Scifi, even though that's how it's bound to first strike people on the surface.

"That's not really a plan then."
    "Okay, so it's not a plan. Look, I'm not good with plans."

Bumbi34

Post  Bumbi34 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:59 pm

Yes, you are right in some ways, diary writing is by far the easiest to write and the most enjoyable. First person present tense is a little tricky (The Fake Celebrity in China) as you always need to pay attention to the tense consistency.

But I can only read such USA authors with nice tough direct styles, Jack, Charles, Henry, Hunter and so on.

In law, hearsay and opinion as to someone else's thoughts is inadmissible, so it follows that in writing it will be weak and unbelievable too.

If you write something as a diary, people at least will question, and more likely except it is all true.

If you say something is fiction, they will say it is true. If you say something is true, they will claim it as untrue.

At the end of the day you may as well opt for a fictional label, then you are more protected in law, and everyone thinks it is all true.

You can have fun with that.

As, let's face it, most readers are retards, especially internet forum warriors.

Not meaning you or Pi, but you know the type.

Oh, I forgot to tell you, the Honey Badger suffered quite a spectacular downfall after he was outed. I cannot claim responsibility for that, sadly, but his two man-stalking forums disappeared overnight.

I am gunning for his Czech bumchum though.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:15 pm

honey who?

i met an old american guy in china who spent many years (15+) writing a massive book (politics, not fiction) and never was able to get it published. he still hasn't given up hope, though.

his last attempt involved online self-publishing. there's services like lulu that do that sort of thing (http://www.lulu.com/).

Bible57

Post  Bible57 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:19 pm

GDBill on TBJ.

To be honest I did give it a glance but kind of switched off when I read the name Meimei, hehe, sorry.

Bibbly45

Post  Bibbly45 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:22 pm

It seems a bit like the bible, Sciency's book I mean, sort of philosophical.

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:23 pm

aww man. so many unanswered questions.

who was that guy?

and who outed you on TBJ?

The Great Splendini

Post  The Great Splendini on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:24 pm

haven't read it yet.

sciency has sparks of genius. if he gets his shit together, he could write something big.

bumble45

Post  bumble45 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:31 pm

Yes, it is fresh writing, and the style is a little naïve, but he has the drive to get it down and his style with harden with time.

As I always say, if you don't write it, nobody will.

Creating art is almost as good as love.

study scratch I love you

Bimble

Post  Bimble on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:19 am

I gotta go.

Have a good one.

By Poods, my beloved, faithful, voyeuristic, stalking fans.

KOM.

Keep on masturbating.

geek

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:40 am